Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2022, 08:13   #31621
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
Got a Japanese unit for less than 45K and exchanged my Pixel 3 for 8K.
Can you turn off camera shutter release noise on this phone?
Old 13th June 2022, 10:34   #31622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Can you turn off camera shutter release noise on this phone?
No setting for this since this is a Japanese unit. The imported US units have this though but I don't mind this.
whencut86 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 11:39   #31623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got a Japanese unit for less than 45K and exchanged my Pixel 3 for 8K.
I heard these imported Pixels do not have call recording function too. Is it true??
Old 14th June 2022, 11:47   #31624
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Been using a Pixel 6 which I got from Amazon. Got a Japanese unit for less than 45K and exchanged my Pixel 3 for 8K. Only reason to go for the Pixel 6 over the 6 Pro was the flat screen against the curved screen in the Pixel 6 Pro. Spigen tempered glass on a flat screen offers good protection with a toddler at home. The issues are all sorted with the recent updates and fixes and the phone is a joy to use with all its features. The camera is another level compared to the Pixel 3. Pixel 6 images with HDR+ are one of the best when compared with many other flagships. Only place where the Pixel 6 falls short is in Portraits but I guess this can be fixed by an update over time.
Amazon India, I assume. And no local warranty right? Could you please share the link/seller? Some reviews say refurbished phones.

This seems like a no brainer considering the 6a will launch very close to this price.

LOL 3400 for my Pixel 3A. I would rather keep the phone as a back up.

PS: also watched reviews which panned the finger print scanner - and its likely a hardware issue. New scanner chip being implemented in the 6a.

Last edited by Red Liner : 14th June 2022 at 11:55.
Old 14th June 2022, 11:57   #31625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
I heard these imported Pixels do not have call recording function too. Is it true??
Doesn't support call recording. Need to use the True Caller app or any other app if there is a need for call recording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Amazon India, I assume. And no local warranty right? Could you please share the link/seller?

This seems like a no brainer considering the 6a will launch very close to this price.
No local warranty but 1 year seller warranty. Not bothered by this though since I hope this will last me 3 years without any issues. If any issues can hand it over for repairs to any of the relatives/friends going to US. Got it from Tech-Retail seller and the price has dropped by another 1K now.

https://www.amazon.in/s?me=A11IA4A7L...=A21TJRUUN4KGV

The Pixel 6A may launch by end of 2022 in India I guess and is not in the first list of countries getting this. So went ahead with the Pixel 6 and so far the experience is very good.
whencut86 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 16:43   #31626
BHPian

Quote:
So went ahead with the Pixel 6 and so far the experience is very good.
How is the battery life and the signal quality? I have read a lot of complaints regarding the network quality due to the modem used by Pixel. Though there seems to be some improvement after the latest update, if there's a hardware problem then it can't really be fixed. Not sure how many people it affects though. I was waiting for Pixel 6a which would have similar SoC and modem, so a bit concerned about this issue.
Old 14th June 2022, 17:03   #31627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
How is the battery life and the signal quality? I have read a lot of complaints regarding the network quality due to the modem used by Pixel. Though there seems to be some improvement after the latest update, if there's a hardware problem then it can't really be fixed. Not sure how many people it affects though. I was waiting for Pixel 6a which would have similar SoC and modem, so a bit concerned about this issue.
Post the 2-3 week period it easily lasts a day with heavy usage of Social Media, Camera, Media consumption, little gaming (Non graphic intensive games), calls, meetings, etc. With lesser/normal usage it lasts me a day and a half on occasions.

I have not faced any issues with drop in call quality. Infact I have turned off WiFi calling and calling option prefers mobile network first.
whencut86 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 22:13   #31628
Senior - BHPian

Good move from Xiaomi...

Xiaomi introduces a new battery replacement program in India starting at Rs 499

Quote:
Xiaomi customers can now get the batteries of their Xiaomi and Redmi smartphones replaced. The battery replacement program starts at Rs 499 - Link
Name:  Xiaomi_Battery.png
Views: 285
Size:  39.0 KB
vsrivatsa is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 12:42   #31629

Hi all, I am looking for a reliable phone-manager software for the following

1) Create a backup on the phone in the windows PC, total of 5 android phones in family. Not just the photos, videos, sms, call log, but also the Apps and the App data.

2)Restore the backup from PC to phone as and when required.

Also, I have couple of xiaomi phones that need to be retired, hence want the phone manager to move everything, basically a full mirror copy of all data onto new Samsung phone.

Would be grateful for the guidance and inputs.
Old 20th June 2022, 13:41   #31630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by irs_2s View Post
Hi all, I am looking for a reliable phone-manager software for the following

1) Create a backup on the phone in the windows PC, total of 5 android phones...
Try this
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...ml#post5107539 (Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods)

Let's know how it worked for your use case

Last edited by mvadg : 20th June 2022 at 13:42.
mvadg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2022, 22:46   #31631
Senior - BHPian

Looking for phone suggestions for a friend. This will be an office phone with a budget limit of 40k INR. He is into field work, so like always on the road/rail/air(20 days a month approx).

Requirements :

Good quality Videos/Pictures(mandatory for business requirement)
Zoom meetings
Sales force application support
Good battery backup

Options considered: Only Galaxy S20 FE 5G as of now. Appreciate some suggestions?

Thanks in advance

P.S: For personal use he has iphone, so for office use prefers android.

Last edited by SoumenD : 22nd June 2022 at 23:00.
Old 23rd June 2022, 08:54   #31632
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Options considered: Only Galaxy S20 FE 5G as of now. Appreciate some suggestions?
Most galaxy phones come with only 128 GB memory and shared memory slot. Do factor that in. Also, be aware that the 20 FE is about 18 months or more since launch, so if the plan is to use for long periods, might not get OS updates (security updates would continue).

He can look at Galaxy A series or Oneplus 9 series. The latter charges in less than 30 minutes. And 256 GB memory and higher RAM variants are well within the budget.

I personally am on a galaxy A 8+ and for past more than a year, on look out for replacement, nothing beats the VFM offered by the A series.
Old 23rd June 2022, 08:56   #31633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Looking for phone suggestions for a friend. This will be an office phone with a budget limit of 40k INR. He is into field work, so like always on the road/rail/air(20 days a month approx).

Requirements :

Good quality Videos/Pictures(mandatory for business requirement)
Zoom meetings
Sales force application support
Good battery backup
If i were him, i would have waited for the release of Google pixel 6a and bought it. Even pixel 4a is a great buy. My wife uses it and it's a fantastic phone. The software quality on pixel is leagues ahead of the junk Samsung put on their phones.

I personally use Samsung galaxy S20 Fe ( not out of choice. But i had to choose the better among the worst options available to me from office - iPhone and Samsung )
Old 23rd June 2022, 10:12   #31634
BHPian

Quote:
I have a tigor car and i have issues with Android auto. I use a S22 ultra mobile. Wireless doesn't work, so only wired . Whichever cable i use to connect, Android auto works fine initially. After sometime, maps starts lagging. There will be a lag of 400 to 500 metres. Even the audio controls has lag. I have to switch to the tigor main screen and then come back to android auto. It will work fine for few mins and then again start lagging. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Apple car play works fine without issues.
Asking the above question here, since I didn't get a reply in another thread. Any solutions for the android auto issue?

Last edited by Sheel : 23rd June 2022 at 12:19. Reason: Please capitalize your starting sentence as well as factor in punctuation spacing. Thanks.
Old 23rd June 2022, 10:49   #31635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Asking the above question here, since I didn't get a reply in another thread. Any solutions for the android auto issue?
I think this is a bug in recent versions of AA. It happens to me too, with my Asus Rog5 phone. What I do is to pull out the cable and push it back in; then everything goes back to normal till the next time.

We'll have to wait till Google fixes it I suppose.

Last edited by Sheel : 23rd June 2022 at 12:20. Reason: Quoted post is edited. Thanks.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed