Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2021, 19:44   #30721
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

How are Oppo Phones? I was looking at the Pixel/Realme X7 Max/Nord 2 for a phone below 30k which was compact and had a good camera.

The recently launched Reno 6 5G at 30k (27k after card discount) is looking very tempting:

https://www.flipkart.com/oppo-reno6-...mca351c97388b3

It's got the Dimensity 900 which according to initial reviews is powerful enough and runs cool with good battery life (around 20% faster than the Snapdragon 768g) and the camera samples look good. It's got a classic iphone design vibe and the camera samples look quite good. ColorOS is also quite good these days.
Old 21st July 2021, 20:43   #30722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post
How are Oppo Phones? I was looking at the Pixel/Realme X7 Max/Nord 2 for a phone below 30k which was compact and had a good camera.

The recently launched Reno 6 5G at 30k (27k after card discount) is looking very tempting:

It's got the Dimensity 900 which according to initial reviews is powerful enough and runs cool with good battery life (around 20% faster than the Snapdragon 768g) and the camera samples look good. It's got a classic iphone design vibe and the camera samples look quite good. ColorOS is also quite good these days.
I just saw Ranjit's review, and the phone looks damn good. Also, it has a good number of 5G bands unlike other phones.

Old 21st July 2021, 20:54   #30723
BHPian

If compact and good camera js your criteria then pixel 4a is the way to go. However it lacks a lot of bells and whistles.

Reno 6 looks really good. Do look at some reviews before making the jump. Initial impressions of the camera samples indicate that it will be a good camera.

OnePlus 9 camera was average, given Nord 2 carries the same sensor, I don't think it will be great. Particularly night shots suffered a lot on thr Nord 1.

Suggestion: Reno 6 or pixel 4a

Quote:

lxskllr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 10:19   #30724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I recently bought Vivo X60 and the camera is too good for the price. After exchange and discount it did cost me around 28K. With only discounts, it costs arnd 33K but the camera is good in its price segment. It has SnapDragon 870 chipset, 8GB RAM and comes with HDR+ AMOLED screen. Attached is the sample pic taken using the camera on a cloudy day.

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img_20210708_174145.jpg

Last edited by neoonwheels : 22nd July 2021 at 10:26.
neoonwheels is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 11:59   #30725
BHPian

Any Asus ROG 3 users here ? Android 11 update is out. For now, you'll need to do it the old way, download onto laptop and install, OTA one is yet to happen.
Old 22nd July 2021, 13:39   #30726
BHPian

If you are like me and have 498+ apps on your phone and have decided to finally clean up, I have a suggestion for you:

ADB App Control
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/t...droid.4147837/

Download from here:
https://appcontrol.neocities.org/dow...elease_en.html

Everything is handled via a GUI, so no messing around with scripts and such. The script will uninstall apps (without prompts) and optionally backup the apk to a folder on the Windows system. There are many other features, but I found this so useful, I thought I'd share.

You need a Windows system though.
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-adbappcontrol.png  

mvadg is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 13:57   #30727
BHPian

Looking for a phone.Budget is 30k.
REQUIREMENTS
1)Storage(128/256)
2)RAM[6/8]
3)Processor[Has to be smooth and not heat up fast.I have to run a lot of apps for a long time)
4)Camera(Need not be the best)
5)Only considering OPPO,RealME,ONE PLUS,SAMSUNG,XIAOMI
Sentinel17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 18:18   #30728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel17 View Post
REQUIREMENTS
1)Storage(128/256)
2)RAM[6/8]
3)Processor[Has to be smooth and not heat up fast.I have to run a lot of apps for a long time)
You can check Xiaomi 11x and 11x Pro
Old 22nd July 2021, 18:50   #30729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel17 View Post
REQUIREMENTS
1)Storage(128/256)
2)RAM[6/8]
You can check the Samsung F62 or the One Plus Nord 2 (launching today on Amazon). Both are equipped with a superb screen. Will not advise going for Realme or Xiaomi.
Old 23rd July 2021, 01:09   #30730
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:

Yes the Reno 6 design looks impressive. But the Color OS comes with quite some bloatware though you can uninstall or disable most of that.

The Realme X7 Max will be going for 23.5k in the upcoming Flipkart sale, and it comes with a Dimensity 1200 chipset compared to the Dimensity 900 on the Oppo. Though a phone is much more than it's processor, I think that would be worth looking into as well. The cameras on the Realme won't be as good of course. Oppo and Vivo are known for their brilliant cameras in general.

If you decide on the Oppo, I would suggest you to go to a brick and mortar store and bargain hard over there. It's available at Reliance Digital I believe. Very likely you will get it for a cheaper price there as these guys always try to push Oppo and Vivo phones as that gives them a very attractive commission, so they would definitely be eager to make a sale specially in these times
Oxy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 07:57   #30731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
[b]ADB App Control[/B
Excellent app. Was not aware of this. Makes life so simple. I used to use app inventory apps so as to take a backup of the installed apps and then (un)install them appropriately. This app makes the entire process very easy and simple even for a non technical person to understand and use.
livelyyoungman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 09:07   #30732
BHPian

I am looking for 10 inch tablet for my niece (5 year old). Her primary usage will be online classes and watching cartoon.Please advise on it, budget is in range of 15K.
In India, Amazon Fire HD has not been launched yet which is really nice product except camera at affordable price.
Old 23rd July 2021, 09:57   #30733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDIS_RE650 View Post
I am looking for 10 inch tablet for my niece (5 year old). Her primary usage will be online classes and watching cartoon.

Please advise on it
I advise against it.

For online classes get a PC (ie, non-portable) and setup strict access times.

For everything else, the best gift you can give a 5 year old is a set of books that sows the seed of a lifelong habit of reading. You can build a library for her that introduces her to literature appropriate for her age throughout her growing years - with the budget you have.
binand is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 14:28   #30734
BHPian

The Nord 2 is out and according to reviews, the move to ColorOS is now official. Good news is that it is devoid of bloatware. I hope it stays that way.
Old 23rd July 2021, 14:48   #30735
BHPian

I am using a Redmi K20 Pro for more than 1.5 years now. That's usually the time when I start looking to change my phone for a better display, camera, and batteries. This time, I don't feel any such urge and the phone may go on for another year (long by my standards). Do you people also feel that phones have reasonably matured now that we don't get left behind within one-two years? I remember the times when I used to resist myself (hard) from upgrading within the first year/15 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDIS_RE650 View Post
I am looking for 10 inch tablet for my niece (5 year old).
Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I advise against it.
It was pretty hard for us to wean off my son off the iPad. Screen devices for small kids are a no-no. YouTube videos are incredibly efficient to get kids hooked. The impact is known only when kids start showing lesser interest in physical activities and studies.

So, please take Binand's advice on using a laptop and limiting the time.

Last edited by atnyia : 23rd July 2021 at 14:54.
atnyia is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks