Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2010, 17:02   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
@Gandhi, look nice. Should have had the current date though since you have days listed.
Yeah. I tried quite a few clock widgets with date but didn't like them. The one I have right now is slick, clear and small too so that there is enough space for other widgets.
Old 9th October 2010, 10:05   #32
BHPian

Wavers, the Need For Speed Shift free game has been removed from the app store. This free game was available to first 5 million Wave users, so Samsung has crossed this milestone of 5 million Wave devices . I hope you got your free copy.

One more bada device Wave 575 was announced yesterday. Samsung is on a spree announcing new bada devices every now and then .
Old 10th October 2010, 16:48   #33
UKR
BHPian

Trouble upgrading firmware

Today I had tried upgrading firmware of my Wave through Kies but after downloading the files it showed upgrade failed. But didn't cause any major issues to the phone as it is working alright after I restarted it. But Kies is still showing that firmware upgrade is available. Any special precautions to be taken for the upgrade process?
Old 10th October 2010, 21:06   #34
Senior - BHPian

how did i miss this thread? Loved the bruce lee game on my wave . Recently updated the wave also.
Old 11th October 2010, 12:58   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKR View Post
Today I had tried upgrading firmware of my Wave through Kies but after downloading the files it showed upgrade failed. But didn't cause any major issues to the phone as it is working alright after I restarted it. But Kies is still showing that firmware upgrade is available. Any special precautions to be taken for the upgrade process?
I have heard this before. Kies is not really usable still. I can't help you here as I don't have tried this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
how did i miss this thread? Loved the bruce lee game on my wave . Recently updated the wave also.
Did you upgrade to bada 1.2? How is the experience so far?
Old 11th October 2010, 13:38   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Wavers, the Need For Speed Shift free game has been removed from the app store. This free game was available to first 5 million Wave users, so Samsung has crossed this milestone of 5 million Wave devices . I hope you got your free copy.

One more bada device Wave 575 was announced yesterday. Samsung is on a spree announcing new bada devices every now and then .
since wave was not available in the market due to screen shortage, i downloaded NFS anyways due to limited number of downloads, will be buying wave this diwali. Hopefully it is readily available in delhi by then
Old 11th October 2010, 13:38   #37
BHPian

Hi Everyone. I know it's OT. But I have been looking high and dry for the Wave, but still not being able to find it in my hometown. Could anyone pass some insights to the availability. BTW has the 1.2 software updation solved the KIES issues.
Old 11th October 2010, 13:53   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Hi Everyone. I know it's OT. But I have been looking high and dry for the Wave, but still not being able to find it in my hometown. Could anyone pass some insights to the availability. BTW has the 1.2 software updation solved the KIES issues.
I don't know if there is any stock available of Wave. I bought mine from flipkart.com (Samsung Wave S8500 Price in India: Metallic Black Color | Flipkart Mobiles).

You should be waiting for Wave II to launch now. It has the same specs except for screen which is 3.7 inches Super LCD instead of 3.3 inches Super AMOLED on original Wave.
Old 11th October 2010, 14:28   #39
BHPian

Quote:
You should be waiting for Wave II to launch now. It has the same specs except for screen which is 3.7 inches Super LCD instead of 3.3 inches Super AMOLED on original Wave.
Do you think it is worth to wait for a phone which has just the larger screen size to it's benefit and even has the disadvantage of a normal lcd screen in lieu of the S-Amoled of the wave, that too for 26000 odd Rs.
I really dont think so. I am still thinking of getting the Wave S8500. Have been quoted Rs. 18300 from someone from Ebay. Retailers in my hometown are asking me to wait for one week or so cause they are expecting some(Wave) stocks from Samsung.
Old 11th October 2010, 14:38   #40
BHPian

Where did you get the 26K price quote for Wave II? I think it should be at the same price as Wave. Super LCD is actually cheaper to manufacture than Super AMOLED.

This is just my guess.
Old 11th October 2010, 15:14   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Where did you get the 26K price quote for Wave II? I think it should be at the same price as Wave. Super LCD is actually cheaper to manufacture than Super AMOLED.

This is just my guess.
Here you go: Samsung Unveils Wave II With 3.7 inch Super Clear LCD

Actually what I feel is that Samsung launched Wave S8500 without expecting the amount of success it will get for the phone. I mean just compare the specs with it's elder brother the SGS, and you realize it's VFM. So after the runaway success now it want's to cash in on the WAVE( Pun intended) by introducing the WaveII with a higher price band.
Old 11th October 2010, 21:05   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Here you go: Samsung Unveils Wave II With 3.7 inch Super Clear LCD

Actually what I feel is that Samsung launched Wave S8500 without expecting the amount of success it will get for the phone. I mean just compare the specs with it's elder brother the SGS, and you realize it's VFM. So after the runaway success now it want's to cash in on the WAVE( Pun intended) by introducing the WaveII with a higher price band.
Wave II is of same spec as of Wave I and only difference would be LCD size. There are many low cost phones for bada coming into the market and I feel those models will be sold hand to hand with kind of features it has.

Wave is not out of market, it has just shortage of supply. Soon, Wave will be available in the market. Most probably new Wave would have bada 1.2 into it.
Old 11th October 2010, 21:42   #43
Senior - BHPian

I am using my Wave for almost 2 months now, nothing to complain about.But is there a real short cut to change profiles ?
Old 11th October 2010, 21:45   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
I am using my Wave for almost 2 months now, nothing to complain about.But is there a real short cut to change profiles ?
This is one of the most annoying things. There is no shortcut to change the profile. One has to go thru all the menus to change the profile.

I have a suggestion here for all Wavers. Why don't everyone post their home screens here so that we'll know what widgets everyone is using. I have shared my homescreen in the first post of this thread.
Old 12th October 2010, 17:47   #45
BHPian

Confused

Guys, please help me out of this confusion over- Samsung Wave ( 18/-) or Apple 3GS ( 18/-)(Pre-worshipped).
My requirements are not that great. I just need a good looking phone which does it's primary job, and a bit of secondary add on's like photography,music or media player and a bit of surfing. Oh yeah it should have good gaming section too. Now, I am really confused about the above mentioned two phones. I love the Wave for it's uniqueness and it's screen, but i love the apple for it's looks and UI. Is the 1 ghz processor in Samsung worth it's money, or does the arm cortex processor of the apple equal to it. I know it is purely a users choice but i wanted to get the opinions of my brothers on this community.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks