Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2010, 14:28   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
@ Gandhi and other wavers. Since today morning I am getting a message - 'Not enough memory,Unable to launch application'.

This is when i try to open any message or try to open any application or game. There is enough memory being displayed as per the memory status for both memory card and phone. Further there are no applications running in the background.
What can be the problem guys. Please HELP!!
Rebooting would help but this problem would pop up within few hours.

I faced this problem when i installed too many applicatiions without bothering to delete old ones. Also i had about 560 SMS in my inbox. I deleted few applications which i wasnt using and few old messgaes. Did not face this problem again.

-Pallavi
Old 25th November 2010, 16:24   #122
BHPian

Paid Apps available in India

Guys, finally the paid apps are available in India. Opened Samsung Apps on the phone, got an update and voila, paid apps are available. Samsung is slowly adding more apps in the store, as of now only 2 are available .
Old 25th November 2010, 17:29   #123
BHPian

Got to know something about Bada 1.2?? I heard that it was being launched today.
I am really perplexed about this problem that I am facing.
As Pallavi said about huge no. of Sms's, I dont even have 5 messages in my inbox. I have deleted all useless applications too. The phone memory and the memory card are more than 60 % free. Still the same message is being displayed . Can this have something to do with the memory card. I dont think proper usage with video playback of say 20 min,games -20min., surfing the net- half hour, will make the battery last for more than a day. How much time are your batteries lasting guys??

Edit: How do you reboot or soft rest the phone?

Last edited by isldhn : 25th November 2010 at 17:30. Reason: additional query.
Old 25th November 2010, 18:10   #124
BHPian

Quote:
I dont think proper usage with video playback of say 20 min,games -20min., surfing the net- half hour, will make the battery last for more than a day. How much time are your batteries lasting guys??
My usage is slightly more than what you've mentioned. Mine easily last more than 2 days. Make sure you have the AP UART mode enabled and not CP UART.

Do this -

Go to keypad. Dial *#8740#. If you see "CP UART mode enabled", do it again so that you see "AP UART mode enabled". Otherwise you are fine.

CP UART mode is for best performance which eats more battery, AP UART is a better balance between performance and battery life.

Quote:
By reboot I meant just switch it off and switch it back on. Rebooting the phone every few days does the job for me.
Old 25th November 2010, 20:37   #125
BHPian

Good news friends, free voucher worth Rs 300/- is available for first 20,000 accounts with Samsung Apps. One needs to create this account through mobile only. I did it and I have the voucher now. It can be used anytime before 31st Dec. So, I'll wait for some really good app .
Old 26th November 2010, 11:24   #126
BHPian

Thank You Gandhi Ji. I followed your instructions and got the APUART mode enabled. Now lets see how it goes.
Good to hear about the bada app store. But more than the store i think Samsung needs to update the software to 1.2 to be worthy carrier for this awesome piece of hardware.
I can live with lesser no. of applications. But the applications not opening inspite of the phone being more than half empty is ridiculous.
Old 26th November 2010, 12:36   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Got to know something about Bada 1.2?? I heard that it was being launched today.
I am really perplexed about this problem that I am facing.
As Pallavi said about huge no. of Sms's, I dont even have 5 messages in my inbox. I have deleted all useless applications too. The phone memory and the memory card are more than 60 % free. Still the same message is being displayed . Can this have something to do with the memory card. I dont think proper usage with video playback of say 20 min,games -20min., surfing the net- half hour, will make the battery last for more than a day. How much time are your batteries lasting guys??

Hi, I am using my Wave for more then one month now and have got this out of memory error twice. I have noticed that this error message came only when I had some network widgets open and tried to open a webpage. If you also have some network widgets open, then close those, restart your mobile and then try, I am sure the problem will be solved.
I haven't faced this issues since I have started closing the network widgets after using them.
Old 26th November 2010, 12:57   #128
BHPian

I have been now using my wave(S8500) from more then one month and I am really very happy that I bought this great handset. It was one of the last few handsets sold in Pune. One of my friend is trying to buy one since then but he couldn't get one. So, I feel lucky that I got mine just in time. I am really happy with the mobile. It has superb sound quality, superb video quality, excellent camera, superb video recording, one of the best screens in the market, and most importantly, it is very fast. Response time is way better then anything I have used or tested myself including iphone3, nokia N8, C7, some android handsets etc. I have now 8 pages full of application and phone is still as fast as when it was new. No drop in performance.

Infact, i went with my friend to Nokia showroom to check N8 as he is not getting wave but we didn't like using N8 at all after using wave. N8 is a good handset with some good features but it really is nothing in performance and responsiveness as compared to Wave. We also compared the camera quality of wave with N8. We expected N8 pics to be much better then wave but wave was no way lesses then N8 in terms of image quality. I was really impressed after that shootout with my Wave's camera. We went to Mahabaleshwar last weekend and I took soem really good pics with my Wave including some panaroma pics.

I also tried GPS and Route66 maps during my trip and it worked like charm. Route66 maps are one time download and after that they can work offline as well with the GPS signal.
Battery life has also been good, I haven't chnaged any performance setting so far as i didn't feel the need. Even with the default setting, I am easily getting more then 2 days backup if I dont use GPS. GPS takes lot of battery but otherwise with normal to heavy usage, it gives me a backup of 1.5 to 2.5 days.

Only problem I had so far is that already know out of memory problem and I think I have found a way to solve that problem as I mentioned in one of my posts above.
Old 26th November 2010, 15:21   #129
BHPian

@Zoom 2 Ash : Hey buddy. Thanks for your suggestions. BTW where can we download more widgets from.
I also wanted to know about tethering. How do i connect my phone with the internet connection through my pc?
I just updated my kies version to the latest one as prompted when i switched on kies and connected my phone. Now i was thinking of updating the firmware too.
Old 26th November 2010, 22:21   #130
UKR
BHPian

Quote:
@Zoom 2 Ash : Hey buddy. Thanks for your suggestions. BTW where can we download more widgets from.
I also wanted to know about tethering. How do i connect my phone with the internet connection through my pc?
I just updated my kies version to the latest one as prompted when i switched on kies and connected my phone. Now i was thinking of updating the firmware too.
@isdhn; I have also had this low memory issue many times. But it seems to have gone after I upgraded the firmware. You could try upgrading the firmware if there is a new firmware notification coming up in kies.

I have tried tethering but kies is showing some error and was not able to connect. However you can connect to internet through the mobile by connecting the pc and mobile using wifi. You have to enable mobile AP which is found in menu>settings>connectivity>mobile AP. Enable it, give a password and then the mobile will appear as a wireless network on the wireless networks list on the pc. One down side of this is that the mobile discharges very fast when mobile AP is enabled hence mobile has to remain connected to a charger during this period.
Old 27th November 2010, 09:36   #131
BHPian

Which one is better Sygic or Route 66 coz i m plannin to get one! Also if i buy an app from app store, are the updates lifetime free or do i have to buy each update also? I have to have new twitter client.
Old 27th November 2010, 12:28   #132
BHPian

Friends, a firmware upgrade is available through Kies for Indian Wavers. I thought it will be bada 1.2 but sadly it is bada 1.0.2. Anyways 1.0.2 is better than 1.0. I guess bada 1.2 will come to India only around Feb March. Samsung has clearly said that Europe is their priority as far as bada OS is concerned.

Here is a screen shot of my Wave upgraded to bada 1.0.2

Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks-20101127121526.jpg
Old 27th November 2010, 12:45   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Friends, a firmware upgrade is available through Kies for Indian Wavers. I thought it will be bada 1.2 but sadly it is bada 1.0.2. Anyways 1.0.2 is better than 1.0. I guess bada 1.2 will come to India only around Feb March. Samsung has clearly said that Europe is their priority as far as bada OS is concerned.

Here is a screen shot of my Wave upgraded to bada 1.0.2

What are the changes that you have noticed in this new new firmware version.
Old 27th November 2010, 12:50   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muni View Post
What are the changes that you have noticed in this new new firmware version.
I'm yet to play extensively with it but 2 changes I noticed are wifi symbol now has strength indicator. And biggest change is now there is "Firmware Over The Air" feature on the phone. For new firmware upgrades now onwards, I don't have to use Kies (ahem Chaos). I can simply check for firmware upgrades through wifi on the phone and upgrade too. Overall the phone seems faster and things are slightly smoother than before.
Old 29th November 2010, 13:10   #135
UKR
BHPian

Route66 voice navigation

Guys, yesterday I tried out the Route66 voice guided navigation for Bangalore-Mysore trip. It turned out to be very good especially within the cities. The directions given are timely and accuracy is impressive. The eintire travel was planned using route66 only and didn't have to ask any one for directions. You can mention the start and end points either by searching for a locaion or by directly placing markers on the map among a few oher options as well. It will ask if you want the fastest route or the shortest one. The first option will try to route you through wider roads which may be longer but probably get you there faster. The second option will take you through the by lanes which would be shorter but may take longer to negotiate. But like with any other GPS, one needs to be aware of the general direction you need to go and watch out for major deviations from this direction that the GPS lady might suggest. Overall very impressed with it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks