Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2010, 14:21   #61
BHPian

Are you talking about the youtube app or you opened youtube.com in the browser? By default flash is disabled in browser, you need to enable it from settings.

Regarding facebook app, I don't find it useful enough. I simply use the mobile facebook from the browser which is great for me. Welcome to Facebook | Facebook
Old 22nd October 2010, 13:52   #62
BHPian

Bad news guys. My wave got dropped by me from a height of around 2 ft. The mobile was in the Samsung pouch that came with it. But it fell down with the bottom part of the mobile touching the ground. After few minutes I realized that the phone speaker has gone kaput . It is actually working but the sound is so low, you wouldn't realize until you get the speaker right inside your ear.

Took the phone to Samsung service center in Domlur. They probably didn't realize this was a physical damage, so promised me speaker replacement. They don't have the part in stock right now and am waiting for their call.
Old 22nd October 2010, 14:04   #63
BHPian

any idea where is it available in bangalore?? i have tried almost everywhere...
Old 22nd October 2010, 15:21   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
I tried Facebook app. and it was fine but there was no logout option...
No log out option Why do you bother to log out? Ok, let me tell you how to log out. Facebook, Twitter, Gmail etc. logins are maintained by SSO (Single Sign On). Same concept as on web when you already logged in in Gmail you need not to log-in in Orkut. There is MyAccount application present in Main menu. This app manages all login information.

You need to go to MyAccount and select the Facebook and delete the account. You are logged out. It is simple. Similar way you can do for other logins as well. Please note you can re-login from MyAccount also. Once you delete login information from MyAccount and then launch Facebook you will see login screen.

This SSO feature is important as Facebook, Twitter being accessed by many apps such as Social Hub, Feeds & Update Widget, Facebook App. Messaging etc.

@Gandhi: What problem did you find in Facebook? It is ultimately customized application with many of tha Facebook feature. You can instantly take photo and upload in you album. You just check that and I'm sure you will love it.

If you have any other question about Wave, I will try to answer those.

Last edited by anujmishra : 22nd October 2010 at 15:24.
Old 29th October 2010, 15:57   #65
UKR
BHPian

Firmware upgraded finally!

Third time lucky! Finally got the firmware of my Wave upgraded to the latest version. But no much difference in performance.

I have been using the LV e-book reader, but it seems to be crashing every time I open a book. Anyone using the LV e-book reader app has any tips?
Old 30th October 2010, 20:35   #66
BHPian

The Facebook app on Wave is a customized but lacks lot of features (no way to like a post or comment etc). Go to the mobile Facebook site and you'll notive the difference straight away. I feel it is faster too and never get the Facebook server not stable error in the mobile site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKR View Post
Third time lucky! Finally got the firmware of my Wave upgraded to the latest version. But no much difference in performance.
Which firmware version did you upgrade to? JH1 or something later? I don't have a reliable internet connection right now so am not checking for the firmware upgrades.
Old 30th October 2010, 23:12   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Bad news guys. My wave got dropped by me from a height of around 2 ft. The mobile was in the Samsung pouch that came with it. But it fell down with the bottom part of the mobile touching the ground. After few minutes I realized that the phone speaker has gone kaput . It is actually working but the sound is so low, you wouldn't realize until you get the speaker right inside your ear.

Took the phone to Samsung service center in Domlur. They probably didn't realize this was a physical damage, so promised me speaker replacement. They don't have the part in stock right now and am waiting for their call.
Ive been lucky a lot
I have dropped my wave more than 50 times.
Recently i dropped it from a height of 5 ft(thank god for flexishield and the screen guard!,not a single scratch on the phone)
Old 10th November 2010, 17:16   #68
BHPian

No updates since long from anyone. All of us are waiting for bada 1.2 at month end. Also, the bada developers' challenge is going to end in this month, so we should see hundreds of new apps next month in the store.

Meanwhile, I'm busy playing games via the Playtomo app. It is just amazing. They have a set of 16 games in one app. Some of the games are really addictive. The best part is its integration with Facebook, so you can compete against your FB friends.
Old 13th November 2010, 13:40   #69
BHPian

Samsung Wave finally

Hey friends. Finally I'm about to get my hands on this lil piece of marvel.
But the confusion is that I'm getting two choices-

1. A three month old piece,which i personally checked for any physical or mental( read software problem) abuse and found out to be alright for ~15.5

2. A brand new piece for ~18.0.

Now i've checked the second hand piece and found out to be cosmetically alright. The phone was connecting quite easily to Wi-fi and there was no problem in the orientation or accelerometer working. What else should i check.
Please suggest as quickly as possible because i have just a few hours to decide. Thanks in advance.
Nitin
Old 13th November 2010, 14:54   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Hey friends. Finally I'm about to get my hands on this lil piece of marvel.
But the confusion is that I'm getting two choices-

1. A three month old piece,which i personally checked for any physical or mental( read software problem) abuse and found out to be alright for ~15.5

2. A brand new piece for ~18.0.

Now i've checked the second hand piece and found out to be cosmetically alright. The phone was connecting quite easily to Wi-fi and there was no problem in the orientation or accelerometer working. What else should i check.
Please suggest as quickly as possible because i have just a few hours to decide. Thanks in advance.
Nitin
No suggestions friends. Please help me make up my mind.
Old 13th November 2010, 16:53   #71
BHPian

Quote:
No suggestions friends. Please help me make up my mind.
i don't think you should go for a 3month used set for mere 2500 savings
had it been sold for 12k then it would have been acceptable.

anyway why not buy galaxy3 which is cheaper than your second hand option ?
Old 13th November 2010, 17:06   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post

Since this is a Bada thread, more appropriate suggestion would be the 3 new cheaper Waves.
Old 13th November 2010, 17:54   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post

The galaxy 3 does not match Wave's screen clarity by far. Secondly the Processor, third the camera,fourth the looks..I can go on.
Old 13th November 2010, 18:20   #74
Senior - BHPian

It is not wise to go for second hand phone which is already used for 3 months. Get a new one from market. Galaxy which is being sold around 12K or so is actually scaled down original galaxy and lacks many good features and specification. It is low cost model.

There are new bada devices (low cost) are launched in market with lower prices. Check them out!. However you will not get AMOLED screen in those.
Old 13th November 2010, 22:59   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys any idea when is the new samsung wave 2/ 8530 getting launched in india? I have been looking for a new phone but all the samsung stores i went to are out of stock for samsung wave. May be because the wave2 is coming soon?
Any idea about its pricing?
Thanks for your help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks