Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2010, 16:52   #136
BHPian

@UKR, that's good to hear. How long it takes to lock the satellite on cold starts? Have you upgraded to bada 1.0.2? I have heard that locking time has improved a lot with this upgrade.
Old 29th November 2010, 18:13   #137
UKR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
@UKR, that's good to hear. How long it takes to lock the satellite on cold starts? Have you upgraded to bada 1.0.2? I have heard that locking time has improved a lot with this upgrade.
I didn't measure the locking time exactly but felt like it was taking somewhere around 10 mins for a cold lock. Will try to measure it accurately today. By the way I have bought the life time navigation for Route 66 from the samsung link that you had provided. It cost me Rs.2341/-.

I am planning to upgrade the firmware but my internet is damn slow(BSNL evdo) which made my previous upgrade attempts a pain. I have a bsnl 3g connection now which is giving decent speeds. Is it possible to connect Kies to internet through 3g on the mobile itself(through mobile AP) and upgrade the firmware?
Old 29th November 2010, 19:37   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKR View Post
Is it possible to connect Kies to internet through 3g on the mobile itself(through mobile AP) and upgrade the firmware?
No, all the phone functionalities are switched off during upgrade process.
Old 30th November 2010, 08:11   #139
BHPian

Samfirmware on twitter said that new firmware for india has released, last week it was S8500DDJI1 but newer one is S8500DDJK1... can anybody check if it is Bada 1.2? i have a limited net connection, so cant check.
Old 30th November 2010, 12:37   #140
UKR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Looks like my assumption of 10 min for cold gps lock was way off the mark. Yesterday while trying to get a lock, it took 2.5 mins.

Last edited by UKR : 30th November 2010 at 12:42.
Old 30th November 2010, 16:24   #141
BHPian

Firmware update

Tried updating the firmware from DDJH1 to DDJ12 but could not as message being displayed was there the battery is not fully charged for the firmware upgrade to take place. Charge the battery and try again.
But this is when the phone is connected to the PC and is charging all the while. Beats me??
Old 30th November 2010, 16:39   #142
Senior - BHPian

how to activate the 300 rupee voucher regarding to samsung app store?
looking forward to downloading a Game.
Old 30th November 2010, 17:06   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Tried updating the firmware from DDJH1 to DDJ12 but could not as message being displayed was there the battery is not fully charged for the firmware upgrade to take place. Charge the battery and try again.
But this is when the phone is connected to the PC and is charging all the while. Beats me??
It probably just checks for the percentage of charge left and throws that error. Anyway, USB charging is very slow, so you can't depend on that during upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
how to activate the 300 rupee voucher regarding to samsung app store?
looking forward to downloading a Game.
Just go to Samsung Apps on your phone and sign up for a new account.
Old 1st December 2010, 11:58   #144
BHPian

Hey, I was trying to upgrade the firmware with the battery full, but it displayed a message that - ' Additional 16MB system file space needed for upgrade . Delete unnecessary system files'.
What kind of files should i delete and from where. Do i have to delete the applications i downloaded or what?
Old 1st December 2010, 12:31   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, I was trying to upgrade the firmware with the battery full, but it displayed a message that - ' Additional 16MB system file space needed for upgrade . Delete unnecessary system files'.
What kind of files should i delete and from where. Do i have to delete the applications i downloaded or what?
Sorry for the back to back posts.
I've tried everything. I've deleted all files from the internal memory of the phone which is totally empty now. The memory car has at least 4 GB of space. But still the same message is being displayed. I Don't know what to do!! I don't know what to do !! Tauba aage kya karoon .
Old 1st December 2010, 13:19   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for the back to back posts.
I've tried everything. I've deleted all files from the internal memory of the phone which is totally empty now. The memory car has at least 4 GB of space. But still the same message is being displayed. I Don't know what to do!! I don't know what to do !! Tauba aage kya karoon .
There are different partitions of memory. What you have deleted in user part of memory. Your system memory is occupied completely and it may be due to many applications downloads.

I'm afraid, you may have to delete certain applications for you to upgrade. In future try to install app in Memory Card than internal memory.

Hope you find solution by deleting few free applications.
Old 1st December 2010, 13:36   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
There are different partitions of memory. What you have deleted in user part of memory. Your system memory is occupied completely and it may be due to many applications downloads.

I'm afraid, you may have to delete certain applications for you to upgrade. In future try to install app in Memory Card than internal memory.

Hope you find solution by deleting few free applications.
Hey Anuj, Actually the memory being displayed in - settings-memory-memory status-common memory is - Available- 523,936K, Available- 400,128K, Available- 715,808 K.
The same is being displayed in the - About Phone-system info-memory.
So i cant understand which memory to delete.
Old 1st December 2010, 13:47   #148
BHPian

It is the system memory that is being used by OS itself. Try deleting the cache, history and cookies for dolphin browser. That has worked for some people.

Also, make sure you are running latest version of Kies.
Old 1st December 2010, 13:57   #149
BHPian

If nothing of the above works, do a hard reset (*2767*3855#)of the phone and try. It worked for me

Make sure to take out the SIM before doing it. It will erase all data in the phone.
Old 1st December 2010, 17:58   #150
BHPian

@ gandhi

How many sms can Wave 8500 save ?
I have seen Wave 723 personally but cud not check the Os then, Gsmarena says it has Bada OS 1.1 which i doubt. In this phone it Showed 1300 as sms storing capacity. You have any idea if it will be increased after releasing Bada Os 1.2 ? ( I liked the phone very much as it ticked all the righr boxes for me, so thinking of buying Wave 723. I receive around 10 -15 smses daily so storage space is the only concern)

Most Viewed