Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2011, 13:45   #181
BHPian

Re: Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Nopes! Restarting doesn't help. Actually I have a WAVE S8500 (Reliance GPRS) and WAVE 525 (Airtel GPRS). Doesn't work on wither of them.

Will check with the service provider.

Thanks.
I am using youtube on my S8500 and its works really well with good resolution videos without any buffering on my wi-fi airtel connection.
It also works on my Vodafone GPRS as well but there is some buffering.
Also, downloaded application called CineTrailer. It gives you trailers of the recent hollywood movies and also the upcoming movies...great quality trailers...I am just loving my Wave.
I think, your problem may be with the gprs settings of your service providers? are you able to access the other internet stuff successfully?
Old 30th January 2011, 16:12   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Wave 525 comes with bada 1.1 (the version for hand-sets with lower resolution screen and lower hardware spec). Haven't heard anything about if its upgradable or not...
All bada OS are upgradable and upgrades would come in some time.
Old 31st January 2011, 12:28   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom2_ash View Post
I am using Youtube on my S8500 and its works really well with good resolution videos without any buffering on my wi-fi airtel connection.
It also works on my Vodafone GPRS as well but there is some buffering.
Also, downloaded application called CineTrailer. It gives you trailers of the recent hollywood movies and also the upcoming movies...great quality trailers...I am just loving my Wave.
I think, your problem may be with the gprs settings of your service providers? are you able to access the other internet stuff successfully?
Turning green on knowing all the things you do with your WAVE :P But yeah. I do surf on my wave with whatever GPRS settings I have. I'll call them up and inquire.
Old 31st January 2011, 19:00   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Turning green on knowing all the things you do with your WAVE :P But yeah. I do surf on my wave with whatever GPRS settings I have. I'll call them up and inquire.
Yes, I am really having loads of fun with my Wave. Music quality is superb, camera is awesome. check out the pics I clicked with my wave.
http://www.team-Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community

Apart from these, there are games like NFS shift, Asphalt5, Kroll, bruce lee etc which are real joy.
Njoy your wave...
Old 16th February 2011, 13:05   #185
BHPian

2 issues with wave that is happening frequently
1) from the deleted sms conversations, delivery report will again reappear as a new message after i switch off and on the phone. This happens for some selected msgs and not all

2) During a call, if someone else is calling me and i still continue the call, the call drops soon

Anybody facing similar issues?
Old 16th February 2011, 19:31   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
2 issues with wave that is happening frequently
1) from the deleted sms conversations, delivery report will again reappear as a new message after i switch off and on the phone. This happens for some selected msgs and not all.
Anybody facing similar issues?
This is a known issue with current firmware. The messages that are appearing again after reboot are those which were deleted without opening (I mean you selected all of them together and hit delete). Workaround for this issue is open each and every message (delivery report in your case) and delete individually.

Let me know if this works or not, it worked for me.
Old 22nd February 2011, 23:55   #187
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Just bought a Samsung Wave II a couple of days back. I had a couple of questions.

Route66 - I have downloaded the India Maps into the phone, however i cannot use it as it asks for a validation code(?). The subscription is for $49.99 for lifetime. Is there no trial option before i decide whether i would or not like to buy it?

SocialHub - Is this available for India ? When i tried to signup from the website, after putting in my IMEI it says that the service is not available in my region.

Thanks.
Old 23rd February 2011, 10:36   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
Hi Guys,

Just bought a Samsung Wave II a couple of days back. I had a couple of questions.

Route66 - I have downloaded the India Maps into the phone, however i cannot use it as it asks for a validation code(?). The subscription is for $49.99 for lifetime. Is there no trial option before i decide whether i would or not like to buy it?

SocialHub - Is this available for India ? When i tried to signup from the website, after putting in my IMEI it says that the service is not available in my region.

Thanks.
Route 66 maps are free to use. You can scroll through the maps and zoom etc. But turn by turn navigation is free for 1 month and after that you can pay 49$ and get lifetime.
Old 23rd February 2011, 10:50   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
This is a known issue with current firmware. The messages that are appearing again after reboot are those which were deleted without opening (I mean you selected all of them together and hit delete). Workaround for this issue is open each and every message (delivery report in your case) and delete individually.

Let me know if this works or not, it worked for me.
Thanks Gandhi. This seems to be working
Old 23rd February 2011, 18:29   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surd_biker View Post
Route 66 maps are free to use. You can scroll through the maps and zoom etc. But turn by turn navigation is free for 1 month and after that you can pay 49$ and get lifetime.
I am unable to use the map at all. All i can see is the world map. I used the Route66 PC Sync software to download and install the India map but it is locked. Im unable to even browse the map from the phone. It asks for voucher number.

Please advise.

Last edited by toiingg : 23rd February 2011 at 18:31.
Old 23rd February 2011, 20:02   #191
BHPian

Quote:
I am unable to use the map at all. All i can see is the world map. I used the Route66 PC Sync software to download and install the India map but it is locked. Im unable to even browse the map from the phone. It asks for voucher number.

Please advise.
I think you need to contact both Samsung and Route66 to get the free 30-day trial navigation activated. Samsung needs to send your IMEI number etc to Route66 so they'll activate the license for you.

I haven't done this myself. Give it a try and let us all know.
Old 24th February 2011, 09:50   #192
BHPian

Quote:

Please advise.
OK This is the process I followed.

Set your phone to mass storage mode. Open USB settings/utilities and click on mass storage (do not connect usb cable yet). you will see a message on your screen. Now connect the usb cable and your PC should detect the memory card.

Now open Route 66 software and wait for it to detect your phone. After some time you will see S8530 somewhere on top right corner side.

You will need to create a free route 66 sign in. Give India as location. After you activate your account through email then you will be able to sign in and see the india store. Now you will be able to see on right hand side some free items and some paid items. Click on free maps to download the maps.

If that is the process you followed , then you should be able to view the maps. Else try creating the free route 66 sign in and sync your device with it. Note that I havent activated the navigation part yet.

Last edited by surd_biker : 24th February 2011 at 09:52.
Old 24th February 2011, 10:03   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surd_biker View Post
OK This is the process I followed.
One doesn't need the Route 66 sync software just to download the maps. Maps can be downloaded directly to phone via wifi. Here's how to do it -

Menu -> Navigation -> More -> Contents -> Drive and Walk -> More ... -> India. India maps are around 250 mb, so it takes a while to download the entire package.
Old 24th February 2011, 13:28   #194
BHPian

I have been able to copy the map, however each time i copy the map onto the device, it says copy successful, but when i try to access it after unplugging the device from the PC, it is still locked.

When i replug the phone to the PC and check, it shows no map. Seems the map is getting autodeleted from the phone. I tried copying the map manually to the Navigation>Maps folder as well, but same thing happened.

The only map i can see is the base world map without any streets etc.
What could be the problem ?
Old 24th February 2011, 14:49   #195
BHPian

Quote:
I have been able to copy the map, however each time i copy the map onto the device, it says copy successful, but when i try to access it after unplugging the device from the PC, it is still locked.

When i replug the phone to the PC and check, it shows no map. Seems the map is getting autodeleted from the phone. I tried copying the map manually to the Navigation>Maps folder as well, but same thing happened.

The only map i can see is the base world map without any streets etc.
What could be the problem ?
Have you checked the size of the "india.cmap" file in the navigation folders? It should be around 250MB. The first time I downloaded it showed only 16MB.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks