Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2011, 21:57   #331
BHPian

Re: Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks

Sygic Maps - After 2 months I finally got those going. Have to say Samsung made a real mess of those. Even though I have got them going I am still not satisfied with them. The biggest issue I have is that the software lags considerably. I have used it 3-4 times and everything on it lags. It takes nearly a minute to initialize and 4-5 minutes to get a fix. If I have to search any address/point then it takes at least a minute to enter it because it takes 4-5 seconds for each character before recognizing that an entry has been made on the touchpad. To top it all the voice instructions lag too. For example when the voice says 'turn right in 300 meters' the turn is only 50 meters away. Over the weekend the voice on the phone said 'turn right' on one intersection even though the route highlighted on the map showed straight (and even I knew I had to go straight because I knew the road and was just testing the software).

Based on my usage I must say that I don't find it satisfying at all. I do not know wether I am being too demanding as I have not used any phone based GPS software till date (only used dedicated GPS a couple of times on trips abroad). Nevertheless I do not think it is a quality product. I got it for 600 in the first week of its launch. At the price it is at now (Rs. 3000) I would definitely not recommend it to anybody.

BTW I own a Wave S8500 and am on bada 1.2.

Last edited by Cesc : 6th June 2011 at 22:02.
Old 10th June 2011, 14:40   #332
BHPian

Today one of the developers on XDA forums managed to boot Android onto Wave. This version is much more stable than previous versions but still lot of things don't work.

Here's a video -

Old 30th June 2011, 14:27   #333
BHPian

Hi Guyz. I am planning to buy Wave II. Does anyone know to get hold of a letsbuy discount coupon?
Old 30th June 2011, 16:23   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
Hi Guyz. I am planning to buy Wave II. Does anyone know to get hold of a letsbuy discount coupon?
icicilb will give you 1200 off.
Old 6th July 2011, 16:54   #335
BHPian

My Wave is behaving a bit odd from today morning. When i click the lock/unlock button once (short click), im getting a black screen

Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks-20110706155858.jpg

Earlier it used to be a dimmed version of the wall paper. There are no other issues though. Any idea why it is so?
Old 7th July 2011, 16:55   #336
BHPian

Never heard of such an issue. Have you tried restarting the phone? It does behave strangely when running for far too many days.
Old 18th July 2011, 12:45   #337
BHPian

bada 2.0.1 has been leaked by samfirmware.com

Check out this new video -

More videos and screenshots here - BADA 2.0 OUT PPL! (new pics+vids) - General Bada Discussion
Old 31st July 2011, 14:06   #338
BHPian

http://www.badaforums.net/bada-news/...eleased-today/

Bug free version out!
Enjoy!
Old 1st August 2011, 11:52   #339
BHPian

Anyone know anyone who's interested in buying Wave 1? I bought it in last week of Oct. last year, so still some 3 months of warranty period left. I'll post about it in classifieds anyway, but just wanted the members of this thread.
Old 24th August 2011, 12:15   #340
BHPian

My wifey's 6 month old Wave 723 showed a weird problem yesterday. The phone did not load after the bada splash screen and kept on restarting. (original firmware from when we bought)

Did not have KIES to troubleshoot but on connecting the phone to PC, the phone started behaving normally. The widgets were lost and had to be reconfigured.

The phone has enough free disk-space and dont seem sluggish at all. Tried restarting a couple of times and the phone held with no issues.

Has anyone come across such issues? There was no firmware updates or anything that was done, to warrant such a behaviour.
Old 24th August 2011, 12:53   #341
BHPian

Hey guys..my sister has the wave II and experiencing the USB problem. The home screen shows the usb icon and options to connect to kies or mass storage and doesnt go away. Tried the coded hard reset to no avail. Has anybody experienced this issue?
Old 24th August 2011, 13:08   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
My wifey's 6 month old Wave 723 showed a weird problem yesterday. The phone did not load after the bada splash screen and kept on restarting. (original firmware from when we bought)

Did not have KIES to troubleshoot but on connecting the phone to PC, the phone started behaving normally. The widgets were lost and had to be reconfigured.

The phone has enough free disk-space and dont seem sluggish at all. Tried restarting a couple of times and the phone held with no issues.

Has anyone come across such issues? There was no firmware updates or anything that was done, to warrant such a behaviour.
I had come across the same problem when my cell was 10 days old the culprit was a theme that i had downloaded and installed from Samsung Apps. After which i deleted the theme and also updated my firmware and with last update there has been no problem what so ever, mine was bought in January 2011.
Old 24th August 2011, 14:52   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Hey guys..my sister has the wave II and experiencing the USB problem. The home screen shows the usb icon and options to connect to kies or mass storage and doesnt go away. Tried the coded hard reset to no avail. Has anybody experienced this issue?
I have the Original Wave, and had this similar issue appear also it would not charge. i took it to the Samsung Service center and they found some water issue. Ie my son had chewed on the phone :(
They just cleaned phone and all was ok.
Old 24th August 2011, 15:55   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
I have the Original Wave, and had this similar issue appear also it would not charge. i took it to the Samsung Service center and they found some water issue. Ie my son had chewed on the phone :(
They just cleaned phone and all was ok.
Spoke to my sis and she too confirmed her phone was in her bag in which water bottle had leaked water. Read through some forum and they too confirmed this happens only due to water damage.

Will samsung accept this within warranty, its just a couple of months old.
Old 24th August 2011, 16:20   #345
Senior - BHPian

bada 2.0 SDK released in public today. Enjoy

bada 2.0 Now Live - bada Developers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks