Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2011, 11:30   #316
BHPian

Re: Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks

I am using Samsung Wave 723 from today morning I am not able to connect Samsung Apps Store, getting error (Network not available (ocff03))

Had updated my apps store 2 days prior but was able to access it after that, also tried to log in using WIFI but of no avail. I am able to surf internet though with Vodafone Mobile connect and WIFI. Anybody experiencing similar problem ?

Last edited by driving_smartly : 30th April 2011 at 11:32.
Old 30th April 2011, 19:35   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Did you order it online? From which website? If you do not mind can you please post the price you paid? If possible can you find out if Wave 2 is able to play .avi video files
Saanil, Yup I ordered it from letsbuy.com. I paid 13.7k using a discount coupon rcomlsb. Today is the last day of the discount, so you have still 4.5 hours left. I hope you see my reply before that!
You can play .avi video files provided you install a codec called superfreecodec - kies told me that I gotta install this codec to play these files, I clicked yes and it plays the files smoothly. The publisher of this superfreecodec is Samsung Corporation itself, so I didn't think twice before installing it.
Old 30th April 2011, 20:44   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibzi View Post
Saanil, Yup I ordered it from letsbuy.com. I paid 13.7k using a discount coupon rcomlsb.
Wow, that's one heck of a deal. You got a pocket powerhouse for that price .

What it is it about that superfreecodec? I never had to install any codecs in my Wave. It plays *almost* any file. Did it ask you to install the codec when you played the file on phone?
Old 30th April 2011, 23:26   #319
UKR
BHPian

Need help, unable to log in to Samsung appstore

I am again having issues logging in to Samsung app store on the phone. This is the second time I am facing the same issue. The first time it was solved by resetting the password through the Samsung app store website and then using the new password in the phone. But this time that also is not working. I have tried resetting the password several times but, the phone is rejecting the new password every time. You have any ideas on this guys?

One thing left to try is creating a new account. But I am not sure what will happen to the already downloaded apps in case I need to restore them say after doing a hard reset.
Old 1st May 2011, 14:49   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Wow, that's one heck of a deal. You got a pocket powerhouse for that price .

What it is it about that superfreecodec? I never had to install any codecs in my Wave. It plays *almost* any file. Did it ask you to install the codec when you played the file on phone?
Haha yeah. My own friends did not believe me when I told them the price I paid for the handset!!

About superfreecodec, I had connected my wave 2 to the pc via kies and when I clicked on a file to upload, it opened a tab telling me that I gotta install that codec. However, my wave 2 firmware was not the latest at that moment and maybe that prompted kies to install it ? Not sure. Anyway, I updated to the latest firmware now and it took 10 mins for me to do that.
Old 4th May 2011, 01:23   #321
BHPian

Guys whats the update on the Sygic India maps ? Have they given any response as to when the 'maps not loaded' error is fixed ?

I mailed them and got a standard reply ' we are looking into it and will update shortly', that was 2 weeks back.
Old 4th May 2011, 08:51   #322
BHPian

i gave my bricked wave at service center, they flashed it with 1.0.2 and were adamant that no 1.2 has been released unless i made them check it out on the site from where they download firmwares. He did download one, but since i had to urgently use the phone, i took it with me and hopefully will go again today to have it flashed.
Old 4th May 2011, 09:09   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
Guys whats the update on the Sygic India maps ? Have they given any response as to when the 'maps not loaded' error is fixed ?

I mailed them and got a standard reply ' we are looking into it and will update shortly', that was 2 weeks back.
One of the members on badaforums said that they have the fix and are waiting for samsungapps to approve their update.
Old 4th May 2011, 20:23   #324
BHPian

i got my wave updated to 1.2 but now i m unable to connect it to KIES. USB is set to Samsung KIES, any help will be much appreciated.
Old 4th May 2011, 22:35   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwetanshu View Post
i got my wave updated to 1.2 but now i m unable to connect it to KIES. USB is set to Samsung KIES, any help will be much appreciated.
Try updating your KIES software. Many people face this problem of Mobile not getting connected. Updating generally works.
Old 4th May 2011, 22:50   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Try updating your KIES software. Many people face this problem of Mobile not getting connected. Updating generally works.
i have the latest version.
Old 19th May 2011, 23:38   #327
BHPian

Guys,

Sygic Mobile Maps India update is out. Works too, Map not loaded error is fixed now.
Old 31st May 2011, 16:15   #328
BHPian

Not sure if this is the right place, but wanted to check with. My Wave is acting strange today. The CPU was hitting 99% and heating. This might be due to an issue with the Exchange sync not syncing but saying syncing. Another strange this is if i remove the usb connector it still thinks i have connected the cable as asking what needs to be done. if i remove the cable the usb icon is still displayed. i guess i might need to hard reset the system or give it to Samsung service.
How do i do a Hard Reset?
Old 31st May 2011, 16:35   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
Not sure if this is the right place, but wanted to check with. My Wave is acting strange today. The CPU was hitting 99% and heating. This might be due to an issue with the Exchange sync not syncing but saying syncing. Another strange this is if i remove the usb connector it still thinks i have connected the cable as asking what needs to be done. if i remove the cable the usb icon is still displayed. i guess i might need to hard reset the system or give it to Samsung service.
How do i do a Hard Reset?
Code for hard reset is - *2767*3855#

Take backup of everything before you hard reset your phone because you'll loose everything.
Old 31st May 2011, 17:17   #330
BHPian

@Ghandhi - thanks i backed up my contact and videos of my kid. I lost all the installed apps no bigie. however the problem still seems to be there, the usb icon is still present without a cable and the battery icon is cycling as if it is connected to the charger but it is not.
Guess i need to head to the Samsung Service station :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks