Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2011, 15:28   #301
BHPian

Re: Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
What do you mean by GPRS on? Do you mean a setting where you can turn it ON or OFF? Such setting is in Menu -> Settings -> Connectivity -> Use Packet Data.
i meant i want to set it to ALWAYS ON
Old 27th April 2011, 11:59   #302
BHPian

Im trying to update my firmware in wave to latest one. Tried from 2 different systems. Im getting insufficient disk space error. From my office laptop it says free up 3gb in my home machine it is 13mb. tried freeing up a lot (definitely more than 13mb) but issue still persists. Any help?
Old 27th April 2011, 12:32   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Im trying to update my firmware in wave to latest one. Tried from 2 different systems. Im getting insufficient disk space error. From my office laptop it says free up 3gb in my home machine it is 13mb. tried freeing up a lot (definitely more than 13mb) but issue still persists. Any help?
Make sure you delete all the cookies, databases, internet cache etc from your phone. Set the theme to default Lismore. Make sure Kies is updated to latest version. Remove your memory card from the phone.

Then try once again.
Gandhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2011, 10:03   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwetanshu View Post
i meant i want to set it to ALWAYS ON
The problem I have with the wave is that its not always connected via GPRS.
For eg, if I use the inbuilt IM tool to chat on Y! msngr, then it goes into a pause mode, if I don't use the phone for 5 minutes. This is really irritating. Like the BB, can't the Wave be always connected?
Old 28th April 2011, 10:18   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Chaand View Post
The problem I have with the wave is that its not always connected via GPRS.
For eg, if I use the inbuilt IM tool to chat on Y! msngr, then it goes into a pause mode, if I don't use the phone for 5 minutes. This is really irritating. Like the BB, can't the Wave be always connected?
That's not the problem with Wave but with Palringo. In current version, it can't run in background I think. There is some hack to do it. Search on badaforums.net.
Old 28th April 2011, 10:46   #306
BHPian

Quote:
That's not the problem with Wave but with Palringo. In current version, it can't run in background I think. There is some hack to do it. Search on badaforums.net.
I do not use PalRingo. I use the 'Messenger' within the IM menu. PalRingo is also there, but that doesn't connect :(
Old 28th April 2011, 10:59   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Chaand View Post
I do not use PalRingo. I use the 'Messenger' within the IM menu. PalRingo is also there, but that doesn't connect :(
In Wave 8500, IM is Palringo. I'm not sure about other wave series phones.
Old 28th April 2011, 14:07   #308
BHPian

I have the same issue with Palringo on my Wave 575. It goes into standby mode if I am not using it and the new messages can only be seen if I switch back to the app after unlocking it. Would be good if there was a notification system for IM software too, like the new messages notification.
Old 29th April 2011, 09:47   #309
BHPian

Bad news guys. Social Hub Premium will not come for Wave I (S8500). Now I'm really pissed with Samsung .

ATTENTION Social Hub Users | Facebook
Old 29th April 2011, 10:58   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Bad news guys. Social Hub Premium will not come for Wave I (S8500). Now I'm really pissed with Samsung .

ATTENTION Social Hub Users | Facebook

Pardon my ignorance but is this for managing all your social networking sites? Sad that Samsung is neglecting Wave I users. I think they are focussed more on their Galaxy 2 release and Wave II
Old 29th April 2011, 11:29   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Pardon my ignorance but is this for managing all your social networking sites? Sad that Samsung is neglecting Wave I users. I think they are focussed more on their Galaxy 2 release and Wave II
It is for social networking + email + calendaring everything. Check out their official website.

Samsung Social Hub

There is one good news also today. Justin Hong announced on twitter today that bada 2.0a has been released to internal developers. So we should soon see leaked bada 2.0 from samfirmware.com.
Old 29th April 2011, 12:22   #312
BHPian

today, i have also upgraded my wave 1 to bada 1.2 and everything went very smoothly without any issues. the whole process took about 58 minutes. Also upgraded my facebook application. It has now started showing the notifications and also allows chatting....overall good improvement.

Best improved I have noticed in 1.2 is with the internet browser..
Old 29th April 2011, 20:50   #313
BHPian

With Samsung dropping the Wave from the Social Hub premium is not a very good thing.
Anyway i love the phone, the HD video recording, the screen my only issue with phone is the reason i picked it up for. The MS exchange active sync, i am not sure if it is Airtel or the phone. But the sync is just totally unreliable. A colleague who has the E72 with Airtel does not have an issue. Has anyone faced this issue and found a fix.
Old 30th April 2011, 00:25   #314
BHPian

Finally, the wave 2 that I had booked on 24th April has arrived yesterday(29th April). I'm absolutely loving this phone! Will post my views about this handset after a few days of usage.

Cheers!

Last edited by vaibzi : 30th April 2011 at 00:28.
Old 30th April 2011, 00:38   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibzi View Post
Finally, the wave 2 that I had booked on 24th April has arrived yesterday(29th April). I'm absolutely loving this phone! Will post my views about this handset after a few days of usage.

Cheers!
Did you order it online? From which website? If you do not mind can you please post the price you paid? If possible can you find out if Wave 2 is able to play .avi video files

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks