Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2011, 16:34   #271
BHPian

Re: Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks

Creative, remove the memory card and set the theme to default Lismore. I do this always before upgrading the firmware.
Old 20th April 2011, 16:52   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Creative, remove the memory card and set the theme to default Lismore. I do this always before upgrading the firmware.
That was the first thing I did. Just read couple of posts that there could be a problem with XP. People have done it smoothly with Windows 7. I'll try with my friend's machine tonight and see.
Old 20th April 2011, 17:05   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
That was the first thing I did. Just read couple of posts that there could be a problem with XP. People have done it smoothly with Windows 7. I'll try with my friend's machine tonight and see.
Old 20th April 2011, 19:15   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwetanshu View Post
i bricked my mobile. have to goto service centre to get it reflashed :|

all i get on screen is a grey battery or a mobile and a PC with yellow exclamation mark in between
You can put your phone in download mode by pressing vol down + camera + end key simultaneously.
Kies will allow you to restore to emergency firmware.

My upgrade to 1.2 failed as well yesterday, and I got the same icon as you do. I was having trouble restoring to emergency firmware. Finally installed kies on a different PC and was able to get my wave back up. Great thing was that during all this, I lost absolutely nothing! I still have all contacts, messages, photos, logs etc. Plus I ended up with 1.2 finally!
Old 20th April 2011, 19:50   #275
BHPian

Hey Guys,

An update to the FaceBook app is available now. Go to SamsungApps on your phone and you would see an update for Facebook app.

New version now supports chat feature too. Its smoother than the older version.

Samsung is going the right way with bada.

Here are some screen shots -

Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks-20110420194005.jpg Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks-20110420194235.jpg Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks-20110420194244.jpg
Gandhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2011, 13:18   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
You can put your phone in download mode by pressing vol down + camera + end key simultaneously.
Kies will allow you to restore to emergency firmware.

My upgrade to 1.2 failed as well yesterday, and I got the same icon as you do. I was having trouble restoring to emergency firmware. Finally installed kies on a different PC and was able to get my wave back up. Great thing was that during all this, I lost absolutely nothing! I still have all contacts, messages, photos, logs etc. Plus I ended up with 1.2 finally!
tried going to download mode... i will try once more at home today or then tomorrow i will be in hyderabad!
Old 21st April 2011, 19:39   #277
BHPian

Got the Wave 2 S8530 about 2 weeks ago, and frankly, am a bit irritated about the web browser and lack of memory messages it keep getting. I knew the browser would have no text reflow, that wasn't such a bad thing for me, but every time I try to use it to open a full web page (not mobile version), I keep getting (Page is too big, will not display properly), and then, when I open 2 or more windows in the browser, it stops responding and I have to kill the app. On the other hand, the battery is great, gives me 2 days with moderate usage, and almost 3.5 days with light usage.

Any suggestions on whether to keep the phone and wait for Bada 2.0, which should hopefully improve the phone, or get an android one (I don't know how much I can get in exchange for a 2 week old phone). Already feel I have spent too much... don't get me wrong, the phone is great, for its camera, looks, build, audio-video playing ability and its battery. But the web browser is a big dissapointment, and the ability to browse the web was an important part of my initial purchase decision.
Old 22nd April 2011, 08:42   #278
BHPian

^^^ All I can say right now is to try Opera Mini. Go to m.opera.com and download it. It gets installed to Games and More. Also, make sure to uncheck "Fit to screen" and "Use virtual keypad" for Opera Mini.
Gandhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2011, 09:08   #279
BHPian

@Gandhi: Thanks for telling me the settings for opera. I didnt know why it was coming so pixellated before. Much better now Any other apps which you could pl. suggest would be great. BTW, is there a GMaps app version which can be used on touchscreen. Cos I downloaded one from getjar, but it only works with the virtual keypad and not touch controls.
Old 22nd April 2011, 09:18   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post
@Gandhi: Thanks for telling me the settings for opera. I didnt know why it was coming so pixellated before. Much better now Any other apps which you could pl. suggest would be great. BTW, is there a GMaps app version which can be used on touchscreen. Cos I downloaded one from getjar, but it only works with the virtual keypad and not touch controls.
There is no native google maps for bada. People have modified the java version to work with Wave, you can try those out.

One of them you can get it from here - Login

Download the file from this guy's signature.
Old 22nd April 2011, 10:05   #281
BHPian

Downloaded the facebook update, and it works ok, except for facebook chat, I am getting an error message (cannot connect to server). Thats odd, since everything else in the app works. Any ideas?
Old 22nd April 2011, 10:28   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Downloaded the facebook update, and it works ok, except for facebook chat, I am getting an error message (cannot connect to server). Thats odd, since everything else in the app works. Any ideas?
Probably your network is weak. I get that only when I'm using some slow weak network.
Old 22nd April 2011, 18:09   #283
BHPian

For some reason, after kies failed to upgrade my 1.2 firmware to the new 1.2, my battery life has degraded a lot... its dischargin @ 5% per hour with almost no usage. I am trying to upgrade the firmware, have reinstalled kies, but it keeps going to 30-40% and then hangs. I heard that there is a code some 8740 which improves battery. Is it ok to use it, since I do not play HD games or watch HD movies that much on the phone... also, will the new firmware upgrade (when it happens), revert the phone to a new setting, wiping out the 8740 code power option?
Old 22nd April 2011, 19:40   #284
BHPian

Quote:
For some reason, after kies failed to upgrade my 1.2 firmware to the new 1.2, my battery life has degraded a lot... its dischargin @ 5% per hour with almost no usage. I am trying to upgrade the firmware, have reinstalled kies, but it keeps going to 30-40% and then hangs. I heard that there is a code some 8740 which improves battery. Is it ok to use it, since I do not play HD games or watch HD movies that much on the phone... also, will the new firmware upgrade (when it happens), revert the phone to a new setting, wiping out the 8740 code power option?
Upgrade doesn't wipe out any of the settings. Just try it at late night or early morning when not many people should be upgrading so there will be less load on Samsung's upgrade servers.
Old 22nd April 2011, 22:01   #285
BHPian

Someone on badaforums found this cool tip where one can configure what tabs to show in call logs. Just go to call logs (either from Menu -> Logs or press the dial button) and long press any of the tabs like All, Call, Email etc. Now you should be able to move the tabs around and decide the order.

Nice.

Name:  20110422201633.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  63.6 KB

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks