Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2011, 18:02   #376
t18
BHPian

Re: Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks

I recently bought Wave 2. The facebook app is working fine. But when I use Youtube app it doesnt play the videos. Only thumbnails of the videos is visible and when I click on it to play there is only black screen. Please help?
Old 13th October 2011, 19:33   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t18 View Post
I recently bought Wave 2. The facebook app is working fine. But when I use Youtube app it doesnt play the videos. Only thumbnails of the videos is visible and when I click on it to play there is only black screen. Please help?
Have you enabled Falsh from Internet Settings?
Old 13th October 2011, 19:42   #378
t18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
That, I will have to check. Will get back soon.
Thanks in advance.
Old 14th October 2011, 11:45   #379
t18
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, Gandhi. I enabled flash but it did not work. Then I checked the connection settings, earlier it was in Docomo Dive-in. So, I set it on Docomo streaming and voila the videos started playing.

I am surprised at the unbelievable speed of the video's buffering and playing instantly. Compared to my bsnl broadband this one's too fast. Amazing speed.
Old 15th October 2011, 17:39   #380
BHPian

Friends, we have been making speculations about live wallpapers in bada 2.0. But we'll be having something even better than live wallpapers.

Check this video out. It's freaking AWESOME .

Gandhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2011, 18:26   #381
BHPian

After the firmware update I did (mentioned in http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post2514371) there were occasional restarts of the phone.

But today all of a sudden, the phone is in a restart loop and Im unable to use it. The battery and phone is getting heated up like anything
Searched some bada forums which mentioned connecting to Kies and doing a vol down+ end key + camera key combo to do some restore , It didnt work for me.
Planning to take this to service center, but before that any solution that anybody knows for this here?
Old 22nd October 2011, 18:33   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Planning to take this to service center, but before that any solution that anybody knows for this here?
That's the best solution. Make sure you backup your contacts everyting as those service center guys will wipe out everything even without informing you.

BTW, SamFirmware twitted yesterday that bada 2.0 will be available for upgrade next month.

Name:  Screen shot 20111022 at 6.29.16 PM.png
Views: 1011
Size:  33.4 KB
Gandhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2011, 12:11   #383
BHPian

Samsung has announced that they will update all the current Bada phones to Bada 2.0 which is good to hear. Looking forward to playing with the 2.0 update for our Wave 575 soon.
Old 24th October 2011, 00:47   #384
BHPian

I'm planning to buy the Samsung 525. Any recommendations please? Planning to buy this for my wife. Can we run google maps on this?
Old 24th October 2011, 12:40   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghunath Singh View Post
I'm planning to buy the Samsung 525. Any recommendations please? Planning to buy this for my wife. Can we run google maps on this?
Yes its a perfect buy, me to had gifted My wife on our wedding anniversary. Yes you can run Google maps. But, sadly there is no good software to use the GPS.
Old 28th October 2011, 11:22   #386
BHPian

Went to service center and they restored it. The firmware version now is S8500DDKF1/S850ODDKF1(INU)
whereas the latest one available for download is S8500DDKH1/S850ODDKF1(INU)

The one I had during time of crash is S8500DDKH1/S850ODDKF1(NFU)

Should I go and update? I never had any problem for over a year but this has left me a bit unhappy. After the last update, the phone used to restart on its own in between.
I saw a huge crowd in the service center than anticipated. Saw at least 3-4 people with the same complaint, not sure about the handsets. In fact one lady was complaining this was the 4th time for her. Was a bit shocked to hear that

Quote:
That's the best solution. Make sure you backup your contacts everyting as those service center guys will wipe out everything even without informing you.
Attachment 830948
I had taken a backup some 4 months back which I now restored. But did I have an option to take a backup in this condition?
Old 28th October 2011, 13:27   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Should I go and update?
There is nothing much in the latest update actually. I haven't observed any changes, not even in stability. The phone restarting problem has been there since the first version, but it is not that bad to be concerned about for me. Phone restarts probably once every 2-3 days on its own.

Quote:
I had taken a backup some 4 months back which I now restored. But did I have an option to take a backup in this condition?
You can now take full back up of your contacts and data using Kies.
Gandhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2011, 20:51   #388
Senior - BHPian

Good news for all bada developers. TestKit application, which enables bada developers to install multiples of bada applications during development and testing phase on bada devices is available at SamsungApps for free.

Any developer can download TestKit application into his device. Proper help content also available inside TestKit application for usage. At present it is available for WVGA and WQVGA devices.

You can download TestKit application from this URL:
Samsung Apps

Help contents available at:
http://static.bada.com/contents/myap...l_20110825.pdf

Enjoy.
Old 8th November 2011, 16:04   #389
BHPian

People,

Any update on the official release date of the Bada 2.0 for the existing Samsung phones. I am currently using the Samsung Wave 1 (Super AMOLED).

OT - Was reading about NFC and direct wifi capability to be introduced on the Bada 2.0. Already seen Nokia advertising NFC for its new generation smartphone.

Was curious to know whether NFC in particular will work b/w two phones on different operating systems?

Cheers
Old 29th November 2011, 09:01   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
People,

Any update on the official release date of the Bada 2.0 for the existing Samsung phones. I am currently using the Samsung Wave 1 (Super AMOLED).
Update should be available thru Kies anytime from now till December end.

Quote:
OT - Was reading about NFC and direct wifi capability to be introduced on the Bada 2.0. Already seen Nokia advertising NFC for its new generation smartphone.

Was curious to know whether NFC in particular will work b/w two phones on different operating systems?

Cheers
NFC is hardware depedent. As original Wave series phones do not have NFC chip, they won't get this feature.

Friends, Wave 3 was launched globally yesterday. Now we should see bada 2.0 update anytime.

Samsung S8600 Wave 3 launches globally today, live pics inside - GSMArena.com news

Here's a review of Wave 3 by phonearena.

They didn't really cover all the new features of bada 2.0. I hope GSMarena will do a better job.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks