Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2011, 10:37   #226
BHPian

Re: Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
@ Gandhi, Thanks for the detail on Ndrive. Will be trying out
Tried couple of times yet to try in the move. Map seems to be good with lots of POI. It took around 5 minutes for me to get signal
Old 13th April 2011, 11:02   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Tried couple of times yet to try in the move. Map seems to be good with lots of POI. It took around 5 minutes for me to get signal
I think the GPS locking improves as we use it more. Mine gets locked within 2 minutes now even on cold start.
Old 13th April 2011, 12:24   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surd_biker View Post
Hmm 3K is pretty expensive . considering route 66 navigation is also available for 49USD. Wonder when the discounted price will be applicable for India?
I just checked the Samsung Apps site and the offer price is 600Rs. Get it before the offer expires .

Edit: I am not sure whether this would work on my Wave 575, as it is not listed in the supported phones.

Last edited by Newpunter : 13th April 2011 at 12:27.
Old 13th April 2011, 12:27   #229
BHPian

Hi Friends,

I have been using a nice app called CarCon to log expenses of my car. Wanted to write about it here but kept forgetting the same.

CarCon is a nice small app that you can use to log all expenses (fuel, accessories, services etc) of all your cars. Some of the features are -
  • Can be used for multiple cars
  • Calculates FE figures on its own and keeps track of it
  • Can show different graphs (not very useful) of your expenses
When I downloaded this app, it was free but now it is a paid app for Rs 66/-. Initially there were quite a few bugs, but most of them have been ironed out in successive updates, most things work fine now.

Give it a try.

Here are some screenshots of this app -

Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks-20110413121330.jpg

Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks-20110413121342.jpg

Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks-20110413121351.jpg

Also, I'm loving this new blue theme I downloaded from here - ...::: Technical Blue :::... [OUT NOW]

Screenshots of the theme -

Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks-20110413122223.jpg

Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks-20110413122228.jpg
Old 13th April 2011, 16:03   #230
BHPian

@ Gandhi

I have just downloaded CARCON for my wave 723 and it is updated version of 01 April 2011 and that to free. Does Samsung have different pricing for different wave handsets
Old 13th April 2011, 17:20   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
@ Gandhi

I have just downloaded CARCON for my wave 723 and it is updated version of 01 April 2011 and that to free. Does Samsung have different pricing for different wave handsets
Looks like that's how it is.

This is the version for bada 1.1, which is FREE - Samsung Apps

And this is for bada 1.0 (for Wave and Wave II) for Rs 66 - Samsung Apps

Strange strategies from Samsung. Nothing surprising though.
Old 13th April 2011, 20:52   #232
BHPian

I was hoping to download the Sygic India maps but have run into a problem. I have the original Wave (S8500) and had downloaded Route 66s India map on to the device. However I have nerver used navigation on my cellphone (or for that matter on any other device). The problem I am facing is that the phone does not populate the statistics related to 'My position'. This despite the fact that I have packet-data turned on and all options related to GPS turned on as well (Enable Location Services, Advanced GPS, Enable Network position and Enable sensor aiding are all checked).

I tried to get my position (read a lock from the satellite) on 2 separate ocassions - once on my first floor balcony and once out in the open). On both ocassions no location was returned even after 5 minutes. I want to sort this issue out before spending 600 on Sygic navigation. Could someone please advise as to what might be going wrong. BTW I am on Bada 1.0 and have never upgraded the firmware.
Old 13th April 2011, 21:19   #233
BHPian

^^^ Cesc, this is expected as you have never used your GPS. Keep patience and wait before it locks the position (it can even take about 20 minutes for first time). Download the free GPS Status app from samsungapps and try to see how many satellites are there. Once you see enough number of satellites, go to LBS and it should lock your position.

Don't bother updating the firmware to 1.0.2 as there will be new 1.2 firmware available by this month end.
Old 13th April 2011, 21:53   #234
BHPian

Thanks for the advise buddy. I will try for a longer period of time and see if I get a lock.
Old 14th April 2011, 11:47   #235
BHPian

I downloaded the Sygic India Map yesterday night but it just wont install on the phone. It keeps telling me that I have insufficient memory. This despite the fact that I have set Memory card as the option in Installation settings for applications. My memory card has more than 3GB free space and even my phone shows 565MB available (from Settings-Memory details-Common Memory). The India Map size is 382MB. I just can't fathom what am I missing here. Can somebody please advise.

I spent a good part of last night trying to make it work. Even deleted a few good apps (NFS and India maps from Route 66) that I can't recover now. BTW I am trying to do this through Kies.
Old 14th April 2011, 12:04   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
I spent a good part of last night trying to make it work. Even deleted a few good apps (NFS and India maps from Route 66) that I can't recover now. BTW I am trying to do this through Kies.
Kies is just a piece of ****. Try it from your phone itself if you have wifi available.
Old 14th April 2011, 12:11   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Kies is just a piece of ****.
How I wish I could fill that starred word. It's the most useless piece of software I have come across since Windows Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Try it from your phone itself if you have wifi available.
I first tried it on my phone only but got the insufficient memory error. I then did it through Kies. It looks as if it is 600 down the drain.
Old 14th April 2011, 12:14   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post

I first tried it on my phone only but got the insufficient memory error. I then did it through Kies. It looks as if it is 600 down the drain.
Your 600 won't go down the drain. As you have already purchased the app, you can download it any number of times you want.

Now I think you should first upgrade your firmware and then again give it a try.
Old 14th April 2011, 14:41   #239
BHPian

I remember reading somewhere that you have to download Sygic to the phone and then install it from the phone into the memory card. Have you tried doing that ?
Old 15th April 2011, 11:20   #240
BHPian

^^ When you say download Sygic to the phone what exactly does that mean? What I have been doing till now (for apps) is simply click on Buy or Get it on the Samsung apps site (accessed through Kies) and then click on install once the app is downloaded. Is there any other way?

Another funny thing that has happened is that when I access apps through the phone and try to click on Buy for Sygic India maps it shows the app in my menu but with a faded icon with 'Paused' written underneath it. I wonder what that is.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks