Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2011, 16:27   #196
BHPian

Re: Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks

The size of the map on the PC is 250 MB, i cannot see it in the navigation folder. Each time i copy it, it gets autodeleted.
Old 24th February 2011, 17:40   #197
BHPian

But do you have to download it via your phone? Isn't there a way to download it from some website then putting it to your phone (Wave 8500 in this case)?
Old 24th February 2011, 17:54   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
But do you have to download it via your phone? Isn't there a way to download it from some website then putting it to your phone (Wave 8500 in this case)?
Yes method for offline downloading is already there. Please check Route66 website for method. You need to download map sync software for Wave available free from Route66 website. Upon downloading software will upload map to phone memory.

Last edited by anujmishra : 24th February 2011 at 17:55.
Old 25th February 2011, 11:50   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
The size of the map on the PC is 250 MB, i cannot see it in the navigation folder. Each time i copy it, it gets autodeleted.
I am unable to understand how it can get autodeleted? Some virus?
Are you copying through the sync software or through normal windows explorer? (should'nt make a difference though)
Try connecting thru sync software and copying again.
Did you create route 66 login?
Old 25th February 2011, 18:29   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surd_biker View Post
I am unable to understand how it can get autodeleted? Some virus? No Virus, checked
Are you copying through the sync software or through normal windows explorer? (should'nt make a difference though) Sync software mainy, tried thru explorer too
Try connecting thru sync software and copying again.Tried multiple times
Did you create route 66 login?Yes
My Replies in bold.

I have a feeling it is to do something with Samsung / Route66 not enabling my IMEI or something.

Can anyone else using Wave 2 confirm if they are able to view the India maps on their mobile without having to buy the subscription. Please note,i am not talking about Navigation, just viewing the maps for their cities.

Thanks

Last edited by toiingg : 25th February 2011 at 18:36.
Old 25th February 2011, 20:08   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
My Replies in bold.

I have a feeling it is to do something with Samsung / Route66 not enabling my IMEI or something.

Can anyone else using Wave 2 confirm if they are able to view the India maps on their mobile without having to buy the subscription. Please note,i am not talking about Navigation, just viewing the maps for their cities.

Thanks
I can see the India maps on my Wave without activating navigation. I didn't use the Route 66 software to download, instead I downloaded the maps directly to phone via wifi. Here's how -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
One doesn't need the Route 66 sync software just to download the maps. Maps can be downloaded directly to phone via wifi. Here's how to do it -

Menu -> Navigation -> More -> Contents -> Drive and Walk -> More ... -> India. India maps are around 250 mb, so it takes a while to download the entire package.
Old 26th February 2011, 02:39   #202
BHPian

Yea I spoke to Samsung Customer care, absolutely useless chaps. Couldn't understand the problem. Later said that they would call back in 2 hours, that was 30 hours ago.

Emailed Route66, they first tried to say that i need to buy the key. When i said there was no way i was gonna pay $50 for something without trying, and also that many of my friends can see the maps without paying a dime, they confirmed that they would be sending my IMEI to Samsung so that a 30 day trail Worldwide navigation license gets pre-activated on my phone.

Guess samsung forgot to pre-activate. Lol.

The response time of Route66 customercare was awesome. I sure hope that is the last of my dealings with Samsung CC.
Old 6th March 2011, 22:54   #203
BHPian

Ok, so I finally too joined the Bada gang, I bought a Samsung Galaxy 3 in November, nothing against the phone, it's an excellent buy for that price, but felt too small for my fingers. SO went to buy Galaxy Ace, it was available for 14.2K , but inevitable happened and I saw the Wave II and when I held both in my hand, Wave II was the obvious choice for the hardware it has. All I was losing was Android but the kind of usage I have it was ok.

So bought the Wave II for 15.7k and the shopkeeper gave the screen guard for free, so i guess it was a good deal. The phone is amazingly fast and the screen is very good too, so far no issues. Now 2 questions for Pros :

1. I have configured my 2 exchange accounts but am not able to find the Sync frequency setting so that I can chose when I want my e-mails to sync.

2. I'm looking for a case ( don't like the pouch like cover they give along ), I want a plastic case like the ones we have for I phones, where can I get one for Wave II?
Old 7th March 2011, 10:18   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseled View Post
Ok, so I finally too joined the Bada gang, I bought a Samsung Galaxy 3 in November, nothing against the phone, it's an excellent buy for that price, but felt too small for my fingers. SO went to buy Galaxy Ace, it was available for 14.2K , but inevitable happened and I saw the Wave II and when I held both in my hand, Wave II was the obvious choice for the hardware it has. All I was losing was Android but the kind of usage I have it was ok.

So bought the Wave II for 15.7k and the shopkeeper gave the screen guard for free, so i guess it was a good deal. The phone is amazingly fast and the screen is very good too, so far no issues. Now 2 questions for Pros :

1. I have configured my 2 exchange accounts but am not able to find the Sync frequency setting so that I can chose when I want my e-mails to sync.

2. I'm looking for a case ( don't like the pouch like cover they give along ), I want a plastic case like the ones we have for I phones, where can I get one for Wave II?

Congrats and well come to BADA Gang though i own Wave 723, would say you have made a good choice nothing against Android i my self was backing for android but ended up buying Wave 723 so for so good it is sufficing my need and battery back is very good compared to my E 71
Old 10th March 2011, 15:29   #205
BHPian

Thanks driving_smartly, Others I need suggestions, especially for Point #1
Old 10th March 2011, 15:39   #206
BHPian

@Dieseled - try the following
1. Goto My Accounts
2. Select the Exchange ActiveSync (the account to want to set)
3. You will get the menu which has the setting wheel below the email id.
4. Tap that wheel and it will take you to the Sync Schedule.
Hope this helps
Old 13th March 2011, 00:19   #207
BHPian

Got it Yajamn , thanks for your help.
Old 14th March 2011, 10:34   #208
BHPian

Dudes
I want to buy Samsung Wave 533 for my wife.
But AFAIK; the handset doesn’t have a processor (Only 300 mHz). Actually this pulls me back from this set

She just wants the following
Should have physical QWERTY
GPS facility
Internet capable
don’t much interested in games
Budget below 10K
Good battery

Is anybody using the handset?
Any Help will be highly appreciated
Old 14th March 2011, 21:48   #209
BHPian

Hi Guys

Am in a conundrum about choosing a phone to replace my trusty but ageing Nokia E51. First I thought of android... the Optimus One seemed an obvious choice, but have heard too many niggling issued about it. At 11k, it is the cheapest option, though.
Then came the Blackberry Pearl 9100... love the keypad and the small touches (like the excellent audio quality, call/sms notification light and ambient light sensor) but given the Indian govt's stand on Blackberry, I don't know whether to take the risk or not.
Samsung Galaxy Ace is good... for overpriced for 15k (plus I heard its battery life is average at best).

The Wave 2 I think may be the best option. Granted, it is 2-3k over my budget (max 13k), but I need this phone to last reliably like my E51 (i.e. at least 2-3 years).

Apart from the lack of apps, (no Angry Birds?), the Wave 2 seems to fit me needs... Good Battery Life, amazing screen and build quality, reliability, excellent video and audio playback... I also need the phone to have good social networking skills, and internet browsing as well. I heard that the speaker (when making calls) is also loud, which is a relief in noisy Indian conditions. (unlike my E51 and the Optimus One).

Just two questions... is the lack of apps really such a letdown (I used an ipod touch before, and frankly, did not use too many apps on it), and secondly, will a new version of Bada come out with improved functionality (will Samsung persist with bada and not let it die, unlike the fate which seems likely to befall Symbian).
Old 14th March 2011, 22:09   #210
BHPian

Hi, I also joined the BADA gang. I have purchased Samsung Wave 525. Its excellent. The only thing I dont like is the white background. Can it be changed to black.?? I also would like to know some websites from where I can download widgets and themes. It really feels great to be a part of this gang.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks