Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2011, 19:48   #286
BHPian

Re: Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks

the problem is i was displayed that upgrade was successful but on restarting it, i found it was bricked
Old 24th April 2011, 18:27   #287
BHPian

Guys, after about two weeks of silent research, I finally took the plunge and placed an order for a Samsung Wave 2 !! The race boiled down between Wave 2 and Motorola Defy. Eventually, Wave 2 won the race as I'm not too much into apps! Now, somebody please tell me that I took the right decision .This phone will be replacing my 1.5 year old n79.
Old 24th April 2011, 21:10   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibzi View Post
Guys, after about two weeks of silent research, I finally took the plunge and placed an order for a Samsung Wave 2 !! The race boiled down between Wave 2 and Motorola Defy. Eventually, Wave 2 won the race as I'm not too much into apps! Now, somebody please tell me that I took the right decision .This phone will be replacing my 1.5 year old n79.
Welcome to the club. You won't regret the decision. Do post a review once you get the phone.
Gandhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2011, 09:58   #289
BHPian

I think that there is a problem in my three week old Wave 2. Whenever I put the phone in silent mode, the vibration these days makes a rattling sound (not a silent vibrating buzz as was there in the first few days of ownership). But whenever I get an alert, the vibration is normal, only when chaining to vibra mode or listening to an alarm does the phone make this weird noise. Now I am worried, as I have to give me 'almost brand new' phone to Samsung Service (which I have not heard any great stories about). Great, so I spend 16k on a handset and withing 3 weeks the so called 'great' build quality turns out to be defective. Also, the battery is expanding a bit under the cover (this used to happen in my cousin's old Samsung too), even with normal charging (no overcharging).
Old 25th April 2011, 11:14   #290
BHPian

Hello All,

I have a wave 533. Is there any free IM application, which has chat features for Yahoo, Gtalk, Facebook etc all rolled into one?
Pls help.
Old 25th April 2011, 11:29   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Chaand View Post
Hello All,

I have a wave 533. Is there any free IM application, which has chat features for Yahoo, Gtalk, Facebook etc all rolled into one?
Pls help.
Try utalk. It is a java app and supports many protocols.

Download uTalk for Samsung GT S5333 Wave
Old 25th April 2011, 11:38   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post
I think that there is a problem in my three week old Wave 2. Whenever I put the phone in silent mode, the vibration these days makes a rattling sound (not a silent vibrating buzz as was there in the first few days of ownership). But whenever I get an alert, the vibration is normal, only when chaining to vibra mode or listening to an alarm does the phone make this weird noise. Now I am worried, as I have to give me 'almost brand new' phone to Samsung Service (which I have not heard any great stories about). Great, so I spend 16k on a handset and withing 3 weeks the so called 'great' build quality turns out to be defective. Also, the battery is expanding a bit under the cover (this used to happen in my cousin's old Samsung too), even with normal charging (no overcharging).

There are samsung service centers where the service engineers will open the mobile in front of you and repair it. I went for a firmware upgrade for my wave S8500 and was pleasently surprised to see this approach. It was in BTM layout for your information. Towards your right when you come from silkboard.
Old 25th April 2011, 11:43   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
An update to the FaceBook app is available now. Go to SamsungApps on your phone and you would see an update for Facebook app.

New version now supports chat feature too. Its smoother than the older version.
I am unable to see this update. Any link to download from?
Old 25th April 2011, 12:25   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Chaand View Post
I am unable to see this update. Any link to download from?
There is no link to download from. I think it is device dependent, so you might not see it.
Old 25th April 2011, 12:45   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Try utalk. It is a java app and supports many protocols.

Download uTalk for Samsung GT S5333 Wave
Doesn't the Palringo App cover all the IM requirements? Is there any additional benefit of using this utalk?
Old 25th April 2011, 13:06   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Doesn't the Palringo App cover all the IM requirements? Is there any additional benefit of using this utalk?
For some unknown reason, palringo doesn't connect on my phone :(
I receive the error: "unable to connect to palringo server"
Old 25th April 2011, 13:30   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Palringo doesn't support all the services. uTalk has better coverage in this area. However, Palringo is much more stable compared to uTalk.

Palringo - uTalk -

Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks-20110425132702.jpg Samsung "bada" OS thread - Tips, Tricks and Hacks-20110425132743.jpg

EDIT: I was running older version of Palringo which didn't support all the services. I updated it by going to palringo.mobi on my mobile and now the interface is same as uTalk. I think both are same.

Last edited by Gandhi : 25th April 2011 at 13:49.
Old 26th April 2011, 12:17   #298
BHPian

is there any way that gprs is always on in wave? though mine is still bricked, i would like to know
Old 26th April 2011, 13:58   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwetanshu View Post
is there any way that gprs is always on in wave? though mine is still bricked, i would like to know
What do you mean by GPRS on? Do you mean a setting where you can turn it ON or OFF? Such setting is in Menu -> Settings -> Connectivity -> Use Packet Data.
Old 26th April 2011, 14:07   #300
BHPian

My friend has a Wave with 16GB SDCard. When he connects it to the PC, the SDCard is detected but doesnt show the inbuilt folders. The inbuilt folders does show from the Phone. Music/Videos/Images/Others
And if we try to copy anything to it, it copies and from the phone it shows outside the inbuilt folders.

Have tried with kies too, but of no use. Any help?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks