Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2011, 14:17   #3226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
one question: who is moderating the T-Bhp BB group?
Is it still existing ? I had started the BB group an year back or more. When it came to around 35 members, many had a tough time on overflowing inbox with images, messages etc and a slowing down handset, frequent beeps that led to disturbed sleep etc. Finally I quit the group and it was re-created by someone else. May be someone could update here whats the latest status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I have only one problem with BB. There are no freebies to move your phonebook across, etc.
Same pain I went through when I wanted to move my phonebook to Vivaz. Tried many things and end of a week long struggle, had to manually feed all the contacts. I think many things are related to 'secured', 'filtered', 'encrypted' strategy of BB set up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchan View Post
...the unlimited BB services are not applicable on international roaming.
Its a different ball game with a BB in international roaming. Unless the company pays for it, one better use the wi-fi features for communication than getting shocking data charges on return.
Old 16th March 2011, 14:49   #3227
Senior - BHPian

@shajufx: thanks for the info. I think i will cancel the request and will join if the group becomes active again.
Old 17th March 2011, 14:45   #3228
Distinguished - BHPian

The 9700 Official OS 6.0.0.461 seems to be corrupted

My SMS icon has disappeared and phone displays a 'nullpointer' error on startup.

Anyone else have this problem? Whats the solution ?
Old 17th March 2011, 21:41   #3229
BHPian

I bought the Blackberry Bold 3 today, and subscribed to the Docomo 399 plan. Its unlimited browsing+email+video download on handset.
Old 18th March 2011, 00:54   #3230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
The 9700 Official OS 6.0.0.461 seems to be corrupted

My SMS icon has disappeared and phone displays a 'nullpointer' error on startup.

Anyone else have this problem? Whats the solution ?
Sahil,
Well, i had the same issue. The fact is, os6 is not compatible with 9700. The ram is less for the software to work effectively.
My clear advise would be re-installing the software, or even better switch to 9780 asap. Have been using it since a month now and Os6 works like a charm on it, unlike the 9700.
Hope this helps.

p.s: Thankfully, i back-up my phone every week so didn't happen to lose any data.
Old 18th March 2011, 02:34   #3231
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Machine View Post
Sahil,
Well, i had the same issue. The fact is, os6 is not compatible with 9700. The ram is less for the software to work effectively.
My clear advise would be re-installing the software, or even better switch to 9780 asap. Have been using it since a month now and Os6 works like a charm on it, unlike the 9700.
Hope this helps.

p.s: Thankfully, i back-up my phone every week so didn't happen to lose any data.
Ive been running OS6 for about 2 weeks, and have no issues with it so far. Except that the battery life has decreased, and with 3G it is horrible. Otherwise it is perfect, no lag, no hanging. Sahil I suggest you try reinstalling it.
Old 18th March 2011, 08:02   #3232
Senior - BHPian

Guys I recently lost my age old warrior 8310 and hence switched to 8520. The handset is running OS 4.6.1.314
On surfing the net, I saw that OS 5.0 is available for 8520 but trying to upgrade from the BB site or through using the Wireless Update on the handset gives me "NO Upgrade available".

Please help and let me know how do I upgrade my OS.

Cheers
Old 18th March 2011, 11:23   #3233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Guys I recently lost my age old warrior 8310 and hence switched to 8520. The handset is running OS 4.6.1.314
On surfing the net, I saw that OS 5.0 is available for 8520 but trying to upgrade from the BB site or through using the Wireless Update on the handset gives me "NO Upgrade available".

Cheers
Hey,

you can download the OS5.x.x.x from the Blackberry site and run the update tool using your Blackberry Desktop Manager. See link Below

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...96EB9410.node1

Guys,

Has anyone tried watching Live TV on their Vodafone 3G? I am trying to download the app but its not supporting.

Can anyone shed some light on this please.
Old 18th March 2011, 11:44   #3234
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Ive been running OS6 for about 2 weeks, and have no issues with it so far. Except that the battery life has decreased, and with 3G it is horrible. Otherwise it is perfect, no lag, no hanging. Sahil I suggest you try reinstalling it.
I did reinstall. Problem went. After a few days/batter pulls its back.

Everything besides that is running perfectly. Seems like this version of the software is corrupted. I'll probably just have to wait for the next update.

I don't see the point in shifting to the 9780. These versions of the OS6 have been customized for the 9700 just need to get these bugs sorted. I was of the same opinion before that the RAM would fall short but if that was the case, the 9700 would lag or hang. Fortunately it has been running super quick.
Old 18th March 2011, 14:50   #3235
BHPian

I'm using my trusted BlackBerry 8820. But it is showing its age now (3 years old). Though I am not changing my BB8820 immediately, I am contemplating to do so probably in 3 months time as the phone is getting noticeably slower and I am someone who likes superfast navigation on my phones. Hence need to start checking out the latest models available by BB in India. Unfortunately, none of the BlackBerry's boast of a superfast OS. Most probably I would be moving to 8520 because of the cost factor, but would also be keenly following this thread to understand how other models are faring.

See you around...
Old 18th March 2011, 14:57   #3236
Senior - BHPian

I agree with Akshay. Even Ive been using the OS6 on my BB II (9700) for more than 2 weeks now. It works like a charm. I agree on the battery life being better with the OS6, but initially thought it was my mind playing tricks.
Old 18th March 2011, 17:12   #3237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post

Cheers
MC, you can download the latest "official" OS for 8520 from this link: Latest Official OS: 8520 5.0.0.1036 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
Then follow the steps written below:

1. Download the OS and install it on your PC. (Make sure you have already removed any older OSes you have installed on your PC by going to Add / Remove Programs in Control Panel)

2. Delete the vendor.xml file (located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader)

3. Backup your 3rd party applications ( optional recommended step )

4. Connect your BB to your PC and right click on a file named Loader (located in the same place where you found the vendor.xml > C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Loader.exe) and select '' Run As Administrator ''

5. Follow the prompts. The Loader will backup and restore your data by default
Old 18th March 2011, 22:30   #3238
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
I agree with Akshay. Even Ive been using the OS6 on my BB II (9700) for more than 2 weeks now. It works like a charm. I agree on the battery life being better with the OS6, but initially thought it was my mind playing tricks.
Swanand, which release are you running?
Old 19th March 2011, 11:56   #3239
BHPian

good news guys!BB phones are more desirable now,there is a huge price drop in curve 8520,curve 9300 3g,9800 torch,
8520-9890
9300-14190
9800-28500

blackberry has really become aggressive in pricing,i wonder what will be the faye of the competitor qwerty keyboard phones?
Old 19th March 2011, 17:14   #3240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandishpal View Post
good news guys!BB phones are more desirable now,there is a huge price drop in curve 8520,curve 9300 3g,9800 torch,
8520-9890
9300-14190
9800-28500

blackberry has really become aggressive in pricing,i wonder what will be the faye of the competitor qwerty keyboard phones?
was waiting for this news. I am getting one on Monday from QRS ( the BB dealer here! and TBHPain !)

And move to DoCoMo ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks