Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2012, 00:14   #4081
BHPian

Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
Okay so now there are 2 white lines appearing on the screen. Does anyone know some fix?
You may try a battery pull, or probably the lcd screen has become defective.
Old 23rd July 2012, 00:22   #4082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicha View Post
You may try a battery pull, or probably the lcd screen has become defective.
I have tried the battery pull many times. I dropped the phone many times so I think I've damaged the lcd. I'll live with it for a couple of months until I buy a new phone.
Btw does warranty get void if we change just the outer housing? Bcoz while removing a screw I had to remove a small blue sticker on the inside.
Old 23rd July 2012, 00:44   #4083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
I have tried the battery pull many times. I dropped the phone many times so I think I've damaged the lcd. I'll live with it for a couple of months until I buy a new phone.
Btw does warranty get void if we change just the outer housing? Bcoz while removing a screw I had to remove a small blue sticker on the inside.
I guess the warranty is void, and the blue sticker is usually the liquid damage/inspection sticker used to check if the device has been tampered with.
Old 23rd July 2012, 12:01   #4084
Senior - BHPian

Gonna wait? My sources say that they have started production.
Old 24th July 2012, 09:59   #4085
Senior - BHPian

@jk dude that is a developers unit which RIM has been handing out so that devs can start making apps and what not. The expected launch as was revealed by their CEO is in Q1 2013. So be ready for a long wait. Have fun with your Atrix till then
Old 26th July 2012, 15:13   #4086
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Richa gto View Post
Posting on behalf of a friend. He needs to buy a Blackberry and is confused between the 9900 and the 9790. Which is a better phone.
=========
Also he wanted to know how much he can expect for his old E72 and Bold 9000 which he wants to dispose off.
Saholic seems to be the cheapest option here. How's Saholic? Or is it better to pay a bit more and get it from Flipkart. The shops are more expensive and not giving anything much for the old phones.
Old 27th July 2012, 03:10   #4087
Senior - BHPian

^^^As I'v said before - Saholic has reasonably good reputation. Consider buying if price is lower than Flipkart. However, you will be at a disadvantage if your order develops into a problem case; like if you get a defective handset. AFAIK, they will point you in the direction of the service center and wash their hands off the issue, unlike Flipkart and others with more friendly return policies. I guess you will also have to pay Octroi, if applicable, unlike Flipkart and others which offer an all inclusive price.

Last edited by Raccoon : 27th July 2012 at 03:13.
Old 31st July 2012, 10:43   #4088
BHPian

Just got a blackberry curve as a gift. Am a complete noob as far as blackberry is concerned.

Currently am using 2G gprs plan for internet and it costs me just Rs 98/month for 1GB.
My query is would this work on the BB or is it compulsory to activate a BB specific plan. BB plans would cost around 300/400 if am not mistaken and i do not need it.

I do understand that the speed would be vastly different but i do not mind it.
Old 31st July 2012, 12:16   #4089
BHPian

Quote:
hi Vdi,
Have faced this issue once when I tried changing the sim, looks to me like a session id timeout.Had to re-register the device with the network again using the old sim and its working ok at the moment

You could try this:

Click on payment options and you'll be asked to log in. You can cancel out once logged in on payment options, then go to "My World"..

Error ID: 30702 - HELP!!!! - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

or
go thru the below article

KB28212-"Unable to login to your BlackBerry ID account" or "Unable to update your BlackBerry ID account information" error occurs on a BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry 7

regds
Thanks a ton helped me as well.
Old 31st July 2012, 12:37   #4090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post
Just got a blackberry curve as a gift. Am a complete noob as far as blackberry is concerned.

Currently am using 2G gprs plan for internet and it costs me just Rs 98/month for 1GB.
My query is would this work on the BB or is it compulsory to activate a BB specific plan. BB plans would cost around 300/400 if am not mistaken and i do not need it.

I do understand that the speed would be vastly different but i do not mind it.
Yes, for BB services to work you need BB specific plans.I guess the post paid plans available are 299 PM(emails/IMs/No browsing) & 599 PM (emails/IMs/browsing enabled) across various service providers.Prepaid plans would be around 399 PM.Which model of BB do you have?For devices with OS 6 and above, usually Gtalk/BBM/Ychat etc work via wifi (again this usually varies from service providers/country).
Old 31st July 2012, 15:48   #4091
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, for BB services to work you need BB specific plans.I guess the post paid plans available are 299 PM(emails/IMs/No browsing) & 599 PM (emails/IMs/browsing enabled) across various service providers.Prepaid plans would be around 399 PM.Which model of BB do you have?For devices with OS 6 and above, usually Gtalk/BBM/Ychat etc work via wifi (again this usually varies from service providers/country).
Can I use the BB to browse internet thru gprs without availing BB plans? I dont need the BB services. BB plans are too costly for my purposes.
Old 31st July 2012, 16:55   #4092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post
Can I use the BB to browse internet thru gprs without availing BB plans? I dont need the BB services. BB plans are too costly for my purposes.
I guess browsing is possible, (you need to verify the APN settings incase), also you could use wifi to download/install Opera mini, and probably browse using it.You could also use third party apps like logicmail (LogicMail for BlackBerry) to configure email.You may go through the link and see how it could be configured on a normal data plan.I believe there are other third party apps that can be used for email services over normal data plans.HTH
Old 31st July 2012, 21:56   #4093
Senior - BHPian

I had given my Blackberry Bold 3 (9790) as the keypad was acting crazy. Keys would get pressed automatically. Redington told me that there was liquid damage and that they wouldn't fix it. My question is where can I get a good Blackberry repair center outside the authorised ones?? I'm located in Kolkata. Any pointers would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

-Regards, Shamik
Old 1st August 2012, 08:22   #4094
BHPian

Quote:
Offlate some providers have also been offering BBM only plans. i.e no email just BBM. You may want to call your opertator and check.
Old 1st August 2012, 09:03   #4095
Senior - BHPian

Attention all techie boys - I am currently living in Finland and strangely, there aren't any Blackberry services providers. Some have barely known its existence even. Sad but true. Now my BB 9300 is crippled. Is there a work around to have internet working on it with BIS?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks