Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2012, 16:58   #4186
BHPian

Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

I want to get a new blackberry. How is the 9790 vs 9810 vs 9900 ? How is the battery life, compared to a bold 3? I like the 9790. 9900 looks goo too, I've never used a 9810. What do you guys think? or is it better to wait it out for the new bb's. other option being I keep my current blackberry for bbm and get an iPhone 4
Old 6th October 2012, 17:59   #4187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
I want to get a new blackberry. How is the 9790 vs 9810 vs 9900 ? How is the battery life, compared to a bold 3? I like the 9790. 9900 looks goo too, I've never used a 9810. What do you guys think? or is it better to wait it out for the new bb's. other option being I keep my current blackberry for bbm and get an iPhone 4
promit, I use a 9900 and my wife a 9790. In my opinion, if budget is not an issue, the 9900 is by far the best blackberry in terms of build quality, materials and functionality. Having stated that general sweeping statement, there are some advantages to the 9790:
It does everything the 9900 does for lesser money.
It is lighter and not as wide as the 9900. (Some will say that is because it is built of cheaper materials and they are right.)
It uses the same battery as the 9900 to power a slightly less power-hungry chipset and slightly smaller screen, hence the battery life is better than the 9900.

The new blackberrys should be great but they are at least 4 months away (Q1 2013). So if you can wait, I suggest you do (you can check out leaked images and form factors at crackberry). As far as the iPhone is concerned, well, that's like changing your religion isn't it?

Last edited by StarScream : 6th October 2012 at 18:00.
Old 6th October 2012, 18:07   #4188
BHPian

Quote:
I want to get a new blackberry. How is the 9790 vs 9810 vs 9900 ? How is the battery life.............I keep my current blackberry for bbm and get an iPhone 4
I think u keep your current blackberry and go for the iphone. The iphone 4 and 4s are getting a price cut in India soon. The 8 Gb iphone 4 will be available around 28k.

http://technoholik.com/news/mobile/s...ndia-soon/4130
Old 6th October 2012, 19:36   #4189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Its a damn powerful feature especially if you have a PlayBook (in fact I bought the PB so that I could extend the BB's data connectivity on it!)
Infact its best to use 3G + blackberry bridge with bluetooth while using the PlayBook with a BB. Uses much less battery than just using it as a hot spot.

Last edited by aghosht : 6th October 2012 at 19:40.
Old 6th October 2012, 20:23   #4190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinmaybaikar View Post
I think u keep your current blackberry and go for the iphone. The iphone 4 and 4s are getting a price cut in India soon. The 8 Gb iphone 4 will be available around 28k.

http://technoholik.com/news/mobile/s...ndia-soon/4130
Want to put down some reasons why to switch to an iphone? There's a BB clan out there that sincerely believe that a BB is better than an iphone when ig comes to emails!
Old 6th October 2012, 20:40   #4191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghosht

Infact its best to use 3G + blackberry bridge with bluetooth while using the PlayBook with a BB. Uses much less battery than just using it as a hot spot.
I have a Playbook and used 3G for a month. The speeds are awesome, but the battery used to die in about half a day, so switched back to 2g. I am on bb 9780.
Old 6th October 2012, 21:29   #4192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghosht View Post
Want to put down some reasons why to switch to an iphone? There's a BB clan out there that sincerely believe that a BB is better than an iphone when ig comes to emails!
Well nowadays BBs are good only for bbm and email. There's nothing much you can do in a BB except basic internet stuff and all. No good games or apps or anything.

Infact I have been using my Curve since more than a year now and I'm a heavy texter and use bbm and whatsapp throughout the day.

Now, android and iphone come with so many features and apps and such stuff that if you use one of these phones once, then you start feeling that your bb is quite boring.

I'm not denying that BBs are good phones. I'm a big bb fan. Now when I'm planning to get a new phone, I considered the Bold 9790 and the Torch 9810. But then I feel that if I spend close to 25k on a phone that can't do much more than internet surfing, music and texting, I feel that there are much more better phones available in the same price.

So I just decided that I'll buy an android for about 15-20k OR an iPhone 4 for my regular usage.
Even these phones have email functionality, albeit not as fast as bb maybe, but still it serves the purpose.
I thought I'll miss out on bbm if I buy any other phone, but then almost everyone now uses whatsapp so that doesn't matter much.

But yes, if the newer BBs come with apps and stuff similar to androids, then obviously many bb users who migrated to android or iphone will most probably come back to bb.

Last edited by StrangeWizard : 6th October 2012 at 21:41.
Old 7th October 2012, 07:57   #4193
BHPian

Quote:
The current BB you are using can serve you for mails, bbm and all. Even if u buy a high end BB
it is not going to do anything different other than bbm and mails. So why not an apple with those infinite apps and games on the app store. Also iphones and androids are not behind now when it comes to push mail. They sync the mails in the same time compared to a BB.
Old 7th October 2012, 08:52   #4194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
I have a Playbook and used 3G for a month. The speeds are awesome, but the battery used to die in about half a day, so switched back to 2g. I am on bb 9780.
2 things I do to ensure that battery is conserved and still get to use 3G. Always use the latest OS (berryshout.com) and switch over to 2G if I'm not using blackberry bridge.
Old 7th October 2012, 18:37   #4195
BHPian

Having used both BB & iPhone, and being an iPhone fan no doubt, I experience more comfort with a physical key board while emailing & texting. Besides, enterprise emails are much faster on my BB than iPhone. For latest apps, bells & whistles, its the iPhone. BB has gone back to being a device for BB boys (office use), if at all.
Old 11th October 2012, 10:56   #4196
Distinguished - BHPian

Just referring to a prior post for the thread, about a TBHP BBM group.
Is that defunct now?
Old 11th October 2012, 11:16   #4197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Is that defunct now?
I had sent a request to join the group about a fortnight ago,but i still havent recieved any confirmation it still shows waiting for join response so i presume the group is defunct.
Old 11th October 2012, 15:56   #4198
BHPian

Quote:
9900 is totally awesome. definitely best one so far. And I am telling that from experience of using almost 5 of their offerings.

Quote:
It depends on why you need the phone. If you are looking for a no-nonsense device. Nothing beasts it. If you need an all in one solution which will let you do part of everything, go for Android or iPhone. I personally like the Apple devices a lot but somehow, all touch screen phones don't do it for me. I need a phone, not a gaming console or navigation device and for that I am more than happy with BB.

Cheers!
Old 11th October 2012, 16:00   #4199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Is that defunct now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit choudhary View Post
I had sent a request to join the group about a fortnight ago,but i still havent recieved any confirmation it still shows waiting for join response so i presume the group is defunct.
Its not defunct!. Its reached the maximum capacity of a bbm group,thats 30 members.
Old 26th October 2012, 11:14   #4200
Distinguished - BHPian

Ever since ( 6 months ago) I moved to a corporate/enterprise package of blackberry, I am having issues with logging into App World. It works smoothly for a few months and then suddenly i get error message and unable to enter the app world

Last time, it was some number "34XX and got a nice solution on this thread to enter payment page and cancel and then app world works.
Since last few days, Whenever i click a link to upgrade the app to newer version, it takes me to log in page of app world and when i type the right password, it gives an error " Unable to Log you in". Note, there is no error id or number.

How do i resolve this issue? I am still on 7.0. version and havent yet upgraded to 7.1 OS

To be honest, I am a huge blackberry fan but, some of these issues are making me begining to think if my loyalty towards blackberry is a thing of past

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks