Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2012, 19:36   #4126
BHPian

Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
My curve is 1 year old but I've already void the warranty but opening the phone up to replace the body.
Btw it started working properly today as if nothing has happened !
Btw if you type 7:28:55 PM and press space then it will display the exact time.
Ohh hahah that happens a lot. Opening the battery counting till 5 and resetting the phone is the answer to 90% of the problems with blackberry. The first time I called the helpline I thought they were kidding.

I just tried typing 7:28:55 PM. Nothing happened! Where should I type it?

Can you please tell me how to go about replacing the body and how much it costs and how good or bad it is. My phones side buttons have fallen off!
Old 25th August 2012, 19:47   #4127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Ohh hahah that happens a lot. Opening the battery counting till 5 and resetting the phone is the answer to 90% of the problems with blackberry. The first time I called the helpline I thought they were kidding.

Can you please tell me how to go about replacing the body and how much it costs and how good or bad it is. My phones side buttons have fallen off!
Well you typed RT and the time is showing in your post !
I changed the body once at colaba for 700 bucks and once in london on my own for 8. The side buttons suck man.
Old 25th August 2012, 20:41   #4128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
Well you typed RT and the time is showing in your post !
I changed the body once at colaba for 700 bucks and once in london on my own for 058. The side buttons suck man.
Its not RT. Its L D for date and L T for time. But without the spaces
Old 25th August 2012, 20:55   #4129
BHPian

The enter key stopped working on my Curve 8520. Is it a simple fix?
Old 25th August 2012, 21:20   #4130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post

Hey I just figured it out. You need to type LT and then space and then the time appears. I typed LT in my previous post but the current time appeared when I submitted the post. So I guess you got confused. Type LT and then press space.
Old 25th August 2012, 22:38   #4131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinmaybaikar View Post
Its not RT. Its L D for date and L T for time. But without the spaces
Sorry I saw your post now. Yes it is LT and I posted RT by mistake. It was a typo.
Old 25th August 2012, 22:55   #4132
BHPian

I was thinking of jumping on Blackberry bandwagon as my Nokia E72 has become very unreliable for emails.

Is Torch 9860 a good buy? I would prefer a touch screen as the screen real estate will make it easy to read long emails.
Old 26th August 2012, 09:12   #4133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi_k View Post
I was thinking of jumping on Blackberry bandwagon as my Nokia E72 has become very unreliable for emails.

Is Torch 9860 a good buy? I would prefer a touch screen as the screen real estate will make it easy to read long emails.
I'm no genius when it comes to blackberry's. I have heard the 9860's touch screen isn't very responsive and you really miss having a keyboard for hardcore users. A friend of mine bit the bullet sold his phone and bought a curve 9360. The phone isn't doing to well, and couple of months back it had a massive price cut. From some ~30k down to 20k. Don't fall for that. Look at the bold 9790,9900,9780. You can look at the torch 9810. It too has a biggish screen which is touch and combines a slide out keyboard.
Old 27th August 2012, 16:30   #4134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I use a 9810 and its best of both worlds. A touchscreen and a keypad. Its one of the best phones from blackberry ( barring ofcourse the new bold 9900) and camera quality is simply out of this world.

I used to use a 9800 before this phone and i somehow still like the 9800 over the 9810 despite everything is same about the phone except the processor speed and OS version.
Old 27th August 2012, 16:38   #4135
BHPian

Thanks promit & mobike008.

Once the cost reaches 25000/-, I start thinking if I should get a low end blackberry and a mid-range tablet. I might end up spending a bit more but this one will be flexible solution.What do you think of this combo?
Old 27th August 2012, 16:41   #4136
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Once the cost reaches 25000/-, I start thinking if I should get a low end blackberry and a mid-range tablet. I might end up spending a bit more but this one will be flexible solution.What do you think of this combo?
Sure. Nothing stops you from doing that too. Get yourself a 8520 ( starter BB handset) and a playbook. Both put together should not cost you more than 25K

You can then bridge both devices and enjoy your BBM, emails and many other features synched on each other.
Old 27th August 2012, 17:47   #4137
BHPian

There seems to be only 2 members in the bbm group which I joined by scanning the code on the penultimate page. Have members left already?
Old 29th August 2012, 13:24   #4138
Distinguished - BHPian

Ever since I moved to Blackberry Enterprise Services ( 6 months ago) I have been having issues with logging into AppWorld

Technically, when I click the Appworld, I should be able to just get inside the app without asking me for password etc which is usually a one-time affair.

But, last month it asked me password and when I type the password was getting incorrect password messages. I changed the BB password and it works perfectly on the blackberry website but, on phone it wasnt.

Customer service recommended me a total WIPE of the handset ( painful process in which i lose my Enterprise Emails and Enterprise IM which after approvals have to re-install) and after that i was able to log into appworld

Now from last week, I again have the same issue and unable to log into appworld

When I click the appworld Icon, I get an Error ID : 30702)

Can someone please help resolve this issue once for all?
Old 29th August 2012, 16:35   #4139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Can someone please help resolve this issue once for all?
You can always take a data back up before you do the security wipe.

Appworld has an upgrade available - download it via air / wifi - in my Bold3 it flashes a message to upgrade before continuing. I still haven't done that and i have not been asked for a password ever, while downloading any application.

Before downloading the upgrade, do a soft reset - with the phone on, pull out the battery and put it back in after 30 seconds. see if this solves the issue. Soft reset will not delete any data / bbm contacts / contacts / calendar / emails / messages

also try this:

Quote:
Click on payment options and you'll be asked to log in. You can cancel out once logged in on payment options, then go to "My World" again fine. I hope this works for you.
Source: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...P/td-p/1321185

Last edited by planet_rocker : 29th August 2012 at 16:44.
Old 29th August 2012, 17:00   #4140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Thanks this helped

Now i am able to log in to Appworld. Hope it continues to work well.

Guys, any recommendations for any MUST HAVE apps from appworld? It's been a while that I visited it. Will download a few good apps based on suggestions here.

Most Viewed

Copyright 2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks