Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2011, 09:12   #3076
BHPian

Re: Blackberry Phones and Services in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Guys I need help, For one of my configured emails, I am getting old mails pulled out & shown as new & they are completely random like today morning it pulled mails from late October, 2 days it was from early October.

This is happening only for one of the mails (rediffmail id), not sure if this could be the reason but a few days ago I had selected 'Reconcile Now' option.
I had a similar problem with my yahoo id. i was told to remove the account on the berry, update the service book, and then add the account, and update the service book again (on airtel.blackberrry.com) Try doing that. Worked for me.

I'm not sure what the reconcile now option does, anyone else knows what it does?
Old 15th January 2011, 23:54   #3077
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for your suggestion but what is a service book?
Old 16th January 2011, 00:46   #3078
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeta View Post
I was using Blackberry since one year and I was wondering that it will work as a GPS device or not. But now I have found a free application "Waze" which is providing a good navigation facilities.
Geeta, you can download Google Maps as well. The coverage is fantastic with an accuracy margin of 3 meters when connected to Satellites else it uses Mobile Signals to detect your location in few hundred or even thousand meters (sometimes).
Old 16th January 2011, 10:07   #3079
BHPian

@technocrat main menu>options>advanced options>service books

But an easier way to do that is to look at the menu item just above service books. Its called Host Routing Table. Which is basically your client side port access record. It tells your phone what has to connect where depending on your network. And your service books are the indepth version of the same. Basically connection settings for your email IM Web Access etc.

So what I think you are being asked to do is delete the account. Open Host Routing Table as mentioned above. The click BBKey and select register now. You'll receive a message saying your handheld has been registered. Then add the account and do the same again.

Reconcile Now is basically when due to some network issues a mail which should have come has not arrived and you are asking the system to check for any new mails. Or you are pre-empting the email server for emails. That has nothin to do with suddenly receiving emails. In the *simplest terms* reconcile now is your check email key from Outlook/thunderbird.
Old 16th January 2011, 10:25   #3080
Senior - BHPian

Thanks again this clears matters & yes I can now see the service book.

Btw the host routing table has tons of entries & am not sure which one should I select & choose 'Register now' for

Do you know why I(& slicvic too) faced the old emails being showed as unread new emails issue?

Thanks for the 'reconcile now' clarification too
Old 16th January 2011, 11:42   #3081
BHPian

@Technocrat the BB services are only supposed to pick up emails post provisioning. Sometimes when the provisioning doesn't happen correctly the service is only verifying the last know message not delivered to handheld that is on the server and starts pushing it. The same issue is also faced on desktop. To correct it normally you have to change the POP forwarding settings to only push emails from the current or predefined date.

And in the host routing table it is the first one that you need to hit register now.
Old 18th January 2011, 14:56   #3082
Distinguished - BHPian

Is the Bold3 9780 available in white via redington here?

BTW, check this link out guys http://www.bgr.com/2011/01/13/exclus...n-waiting-for/

The mother of all BB's...First Bold styling with touchscreen,full QWERTY and a super impressive hardware spec !

I was planning to switch my Bold2 for the Bold3 but I guess I'm just going to wait for the Dakota now. Hope it comes soon !

Last edited by Sahil : 18th January 2011 at 15:11.
Old 18th January 2011, 15:23   #3083
Distinguished - BHPian

Any way to use the GPS functionality without activating the dataplan/GPRS? If so, which app should I go for?
BTW, I use BB Storm 9530
Old 18th January 2011, 15:25   #3084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Guys I need help, For one of my configured emails, I am getting old mails pulled out & shown as new & they are completely random like today morning it pulled mails from late October, 2 days it was from early October.

This is happening only for one of the mails (rediffmail id), not sure if this could be the reason but a few days ago I had selected 'Reconcile Now' option.
Even I had similar experience, that too with rediffmail. Yesterday I received 2 emails which were dated back in December.

Yes those were not delivered earlier.
Old 18th January 2011, 15:35   #3085
Distinguished - BHPian

Blackberry 2011 line-up RIM’s 2011 BlackBerry lineup | BGR | Boy Genius Report

Some good stuff coming up !
Old 18th January 2011, 21:54   #3086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Flipkart have it for sale here:
Buy BlackBerry Bold 3 9780: Price, Reviews: Flipkart Mobiles (White)
It states it comes with 1.5yrs warranty. To my knowledge, all flipkart phones comes with official manufacturer warranty.
Old 18th January 2011, 22:07   #3087
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post

BTW, check this link out guys Exclusive: BlackBerry Dakota gets pictured; the touch and type BlackBerry you’ve been waiting for | BGR | Boy Genius Report

The mother of all BB's...First Bold styling with touchscreen,full QWERTY and a super impressive hardware spec !

I was planning to switch my Bold2 for the Bold3 but I guess I'm just going to wait for the Dakota now. Hope it comes soon !
The Bold 3 is available officially in white now. No idea about the price though.

Hmm, that dakota looks interesting. Guess ill wait for that and upgrade then. Going by BB I think we can expect it sometime mid year.
Old 19th January 2011, 17:19   #3088
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
Flipkart have it for sale here:
Buy BlackBerry Bold 3 9780: Price, Reviews: Flipkart Mobiles (White)
It states it comes with 1.5yrs warranty. To my knowledge, all flipkart phones comes with official manufacturer warranty.
Their prices seem good. Is it a reliable website ? Has anyone bought from them ?

@akshay- I am hoping the iPhone4 launches here soon as that will be the only way RIM will feel the heat to launch the Dakota sooner. For now I am hoping it launches anywhere in the world soon !
I ordered a new OEM battery for my 9700 yesterday as my battery life has been fading since it has been over a year. This sunday will visit colorMii and get some color on it. Those mods should resist my itch for an upgrade at the moment.

Last edited by Sahil : 19th January 2011 at 17:25.
Old 19th January 2011, 18:02   #3089
Senior - BHPian

^ I have ordered several books from Flipkart and their service+delivery is impeccable. Have not bought any mobiles from them, but going by the experience, I feel it should be good.
Old 19th January 2011, 18:54   #3090
BHPian

New phone means a habit of playing with its settings. Had heart in mouth situation yesterday, enabled encryption, restarted the phone, refused to start,.I was phone took sometime and became fine. phew!

Wondering what is the use of Firewall, enabled it last night. Was wondering why didn't I received even one single email today. Check firewall option, the firewall blocked all my emails, all 25 of them and I thought it would be like PC's firewall, had to eventually disable firewall. Either I am complete noob or RIM definition of firewall is to block every mail/sms.

One another issue is that the battery didnt last for more than 5 hrs after full charge, the use was heavy but not that heavy to drain battery in 5 hrs. Need to get a car charger. Want to know from fellow Curve 3G users, how long does the battery last in heavy usage(GPS navigation, emails, IM's, clicking pics etc)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks