Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2011, 07:47   #61
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
Attachment 594803

Will make a good GPS navigator for a car.what say?
For that price, definitely. Though googlemaps still isn't very detailed in metros, I did find that mapmyindia had better maps for the city areas, whereas googlemaps works just fine for interstate/intercity. You might be able to use MMI via the addon SDCARD if that's supported.
Old 18th August 2011, 11:50   #62
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
For that price, definitely. Though googlemaps still isn't very detailed in metros, I did find that mapmyindia had better maps for the city areas, whereas googlemaps works just fine for interstate/intercity. You might be able to use MMI via the addon SDCARD if that's supported.
Google maps was fairly accurate for me when I tried it out in Mattancherry area - Cochin.

Last edited by Technocrat : 19th August 2011 at 01:44. Reason: Splitting post across threads as per quoted posts, Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 22:55   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoenthusiast View Post
Do google provide voice navigation on Android devices in India? I own WinMo device, hence not much updated on the android developments.
As far as I know, Sygic and Ndrive has Android voice navigation apps. Sygic uses MMI maps, while Ndrive uses TeleAtlas. You will get more info on the gps thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
Attachment 594803
If you haven’t noticed till now, Beetel Magiq is actually a rebranded Huawei Ideos S7 Slim tablet with few upgrades and a capacative screen.
Are you sure it is a Capacitive screen? The Beetel site do not mention anything about the screen type.

Last edited by Holyghost : 22nd August 2011 at 22:59.
Old 25th August 2011, 17:39   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
Do google provide voice navigation on Android devices in India? I own WinMo device, hence not much updated on the android developments.
As far as I know, Sygic and Ndrive has Android voice navigation apps. Sygic uses MMI maps, while Ndrive uses TeleAtlas. You will get more info on the gps thread.
BrutMaps, in addition to 'hacked' Sygic, can give you voice guidance on google maps for free. They also provide the option of using the map offline - without any data connection. Map tiles can be downloaded at home through wifi.

Just saw this, Galaxy 10 now available to pre-book on flipkart for 36k! Official launch seems to be in 1st week of September. Anybody buying?
Prebook Galaxy 10 on flipkart
Old 26th August 2011, 12:40   #65
Senior - BHPian

MSI tablet?

MSI launches two WiFi tablets in India

Powered by Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread operating system, these tablets with multi-touch capacitive displays sport a 1.2 GHz ARM Cortex A8 processor and 512 MB RAM. They come equipped with a 2 MP rear as well as front camera for video calling. Adobe Flash 10.1 support is present and therefore no compromise has been made towards delivering a good web browsing experience.

Connectivity is achieved using Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 2.1. With an inbuilt storage capacity of 4 GB, these feature a microSD slot to add up to 32 GB. The 3.7 V 4000 mAh Lithium-ion claims to provide a battery backup of 5 hours for the 7" tablet and 4 hours for the 10" version. The tablets also feature ambient light sensor to help with a better battery life.

The only downside - no 3G!
Old 1st September 2011, 20:13   #66
BHPian

Re: The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al)

The no frills Android tablets

The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al)-andypadtablet1.jpg

AndyPad.co.uk

The tech specs are top-notch.and they deliver to india too

Plus this is cynogenmod approved

Last edited by Bluengel180 : 1st September 2011 at 20:16.
Old 1st September 2011, 20:17   #67
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if this qualifies, but MapMyIndia has launched a tablet called the CarPad. More details here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...et-carpad.html
Old 2nd September 2011, 07:23   #68
BHPian

Ordered Acer Iconia 10'' Android Honeycomb in ebay and got delivered in US. Waiting to get it here from my friend.
Old 2nd September 2011, 12:47   #69
Senior - BHPian

Mercury has launched mTab, their android based tablet with a 1.2Ghz triple core processor , 512 MB RAM, 4GB internal storage expandable upto 32GB via card slot, 3G etc, for a seemingly good price of 9.5k Rupees.

Mercury Launches Sub-10K Android Tablet

Sounds like a good VFM buy? I want just for timepass... There seems to be no online store stocking this though.
Old 2nd September 2011, 14:00   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Mercury has launched mTab, their android based tablet with a 1.2Ghz triple core processor , 512 MB RAM, 4GB internal storage expandable upto 32GB via card slot, 3G etc, for a seemingly good price of 9.5k Rupees.

Mercury Launches Sub-10K Android Tablet

Sounds like a good VFM buy? I want just for timepass... There seems to be no online store stocking this though.
+1 Found a video on Youtube. It looks value for money

driving_smartly is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2011, 18:53   #71
Senior - BHPian

Reliance 3G Tab

Anyone bought the new Reliance tab? Seems like a very good tablet running on Android 2.3 for just 13,000 bucks!! Reviews so far have been great. I'd like to know some user opinions as I am contemplating on buying one.

SPECS: Platform: Android 2.3.4; Processor: ARM11 800MHz processor; RAM: 512MB; Display: 7-inch TFT LCD, 800x480 pixel resolution; Memory: microSD card slot up to 32GB; Battery: 3400 mAh
Old 6th September 2011, 18:58   #72
Senior - BHPian

Re: Reliance 3G Tab

I will suggest you wait and watch. People are saying that one can get an equivalent Chinese model for around 4.5k.
Old 6th September 2011, 19:14   #73
Senior - BHPian

^^ No way you can that tablet for 4.5k, you may get something similar for 8-9k. But there is no service, relience you at least get service and support.
Old 6th September 2011, 19:17   #74
Senior - BHPian

+1, Chinese tabs that are available for 4.5K has resistive screens and slower CPU/lesser RAM.

These 4.5k tabs are fine and serve a purpose, but are not comparable to this tab.
Old 6th September 2011, 19:33   #75
Senior - BHPian

The manufacturer of this Reliance Tab is ZTE, which is a Chinese manufacturer and ranks amongst the top 5 mobile manufacturers in the world! The same tab(ZTE light) is also available in Australia,UK and SE Asia. So IMO this is a brilliant VFM tab with good build quality, unlike other Chinese tabs.

For everyone: Do not compare this tab to the Galaxy or Ipad or HTC Flyer. This thing costs half as much as those tabs!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks