Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2012, 20:21   #886
BHPian

Re: The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al)

there are other sites you can pick up ainol novo , but you could wait for the ainol hero and see the reviews , Always nice to have more screen real estate , check out ebay
Old 27th November 2012, 09:43   #887
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippu View Post
there are other sites you can pick up ainol novo , but you could wait for the ainol hero and see the reviews , Always nice to have more screen real estate , check out ebay
Hi. Yes, lots of sites are selling the Ainol Novo. I'm particularly picking those that ship the 'Flame', which is configured with the english settings and english manual, out of the factory gates. 'Fire' is the chinese version that comes with Chinese settings in the tab and a chinese manual.

Why don't you list some sites that you're speaking of/referring to. Might help if they haven't been considered yet.

Almost every website out these of Chinese resellers, have bad customer service and no guarantee of positive shipping and delivery experience. Spemall customers seem to be a bit more satisfied than Pandawill. Ainol-Novo and such other sites have terrible customer service. Even after paying for priority HK DHL shipping, individuals haven't got the tablet in 6 days. So one must use extreme discretion on where to buy from.

Right now, Spemall seems to fit the bill with the Flame version, good accessories in the box and a fair price [speak to their CS via chat and they throw in a goody or two, too].

I'm only looking for a economical 7" tab now, so not keen on the Hero. If a buy a 10" tab, it will most certainly be the Asus Transformer Infinity Pad.

Thanks.
Old 27th November 2012, 10:29   #888
BHPian

Guys if you want to grab a Google Nexus 7 32 GB tab for almost the same price as US, click on this link:http://www.dealsupto.com/electronics...64-112443.html

This is a limited period offer from homeshop18 which is an established e-commerce site.
Old 27th November 2012, 23:29   #889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian
Guys if you want to grab a Google Nexus 7 32 GB tab for almost the same price as US, click on this link:http://www.dealsupto.com/electronics...64-112443.html

This is a limited period offer from homeshop18 which is an established e-commerce site.
Thanks but I think its expired already :-(. Please let us know if they run something like this again.

Last edited by shreeps : 27th November 2012 at 23:48.
Old 29th November 2012, 13:57   #890
BHPian

Any body has ordered or recevied the Aakash tablet?

I had booked earlier, and now got an email saying that they have started shipping and if i pay up in the next 72hrs they will ship in 10days!
Old 30th November 2012, 11:26   #891
Senior - BHPian

Have ordered the Ainol Novo 7 Flame tab from spemall.com, with expedited shipping. Should most likely be with me by next Friday..

It's a well spec'ed tablet, looking forward to it. My first tablet.

Cost - US$164.99 + US$18.26 for 3-5 working days shipping. Discount - US$3.3. Final price paid - US$179.95.

I got to know about Ainol brand from member Madbullram's post, so thanks to him as I've landed a good tablet. Otherwise, might have gone ahead with Micromax Funbook Infinity..

Last edited by k_ajay : 30th November 2012 at 11:28.
Old 30th November 2012, 13:25   #892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Have ordered the Ainol Novo 7 Flame tab from spemall.com, with expedited shipping. Should most likely be with me by next Friday..

It's a well spec'ed tablet, looking forward to it. My first tablet.

Cost - US$164.99 + US$18.26 for 3-5 working days shipping. Discount - US$3.3. Final price paid - US$179.95.

I got to know about Ainol brand from member Madbullram's post, so thanks to him as I've landed a good tablet. Otherwise, might have gone ahead with Micromax Funbook Infinity..
Do post a brief review for everyone's benefit once you get the tab.
Old 30th November 2012, 13:59   #893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeps View Post
Thanks but I think its expired already :-(. Please let us know if they run something like this again.
Here is another one: 16 GB for 14K odd http://www.dealsupto.com/electronics...60-113209.html
Old 2nd December 2012, 11:28   #894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Anybody with some experience with WickedLeak Tablets? A model called wammy desire seems very good.
Dual Core 1.5 Ghz, 1GB RAM. For 6500 only.
From the benchmark results on websites, it is twice as fast as the competing tabs from lava, micromax etc.
But only available online. Please share if you have info. About these tabs.
I came across Wammy Desire tablet (http://www.wickedleak.org/180-wammy-desire.html) yesterday, while scouting for worthy competitors to Micromax. My dad is looking to buy a budget tab and someone suggested I look at Karbonn (though I'm not too keen on that brand as a friend has had bad experiences with battery and spares).

Here's the review http://tech2.in.com/reviews/tablets/...-review/554402

Anyone here who has bought/seen/used this tablet? It seems this tab is only available online!

Alternatively, what options do I have vis-a-vis Micromax Funbook in 10 inch? I'd prefer a 1 GB RAM model.

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 2nd December 2012 at 11:30.
Old 2nd December 2012, 12:02   #895
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi
I came across Wammy Desire tablet (http://www.wickedleak.org/180-wammy-desire.html) yesterday, while scouting for worthy competitors to Micromax. My dad is looking to buy a budget tab and someone suggested I look at Karbonn (though I'm not too keen on that brand as a friend has had bad experiences with battery and spares).

Here's the review http://tech2.in.com/reviews/tablets/...-review/554402

Anyone here who has bought/seen/used this tablet? It seems this tab is only available online!

Alternatively, what options do I have vis-a-vis Micromax Funbook in 10 inch? I'd prefer a 1 GB RAM model.
Thanks but i had already read the review, i was asking more about real life experience with the tab
Old 2nd December 2012, 14:25   #896
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari

Thanks but i had already read the review, i was asking more about real life experience with the tab
Buddy I didn't quote your post for sharing the review. No one had responded to your query since a week. And I noticed this tablet today. Instead of a new post I thought of continuing your post.
Old 2nd December 2012, 20:41   #897
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
Do post a brief review for everyone's benefit once you get the tab.
Sure, will do, but don't expect it to be a detailed technical review [with benchmarks and that type of stuff]..
Old 3rd December 2012, 17:46   #898
Senior - BHPian

Google Nexus 7 tablet [16GB] available for Rs. 14,799/- until stock lasts AND till 11.59am tomorrow.

http://superdeals.homeshop18.com/dea...=lenovo-xperia
Old 3rd December 2012, 18:20   #899
Senior - BHPian

Anyone got the experience to share with Microsoft Surface RT (pro is yet to come)?
I hardly see a mention in this thread. Its a quality product indeed, saw good reviews on gadget guru, lets see once we start getting some users to provide practical reviews /inputs on that.
Old 4th December 2012, 22:35   #900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Google Nexus 7 tablet [16GB] available for Rs. 14,799/- until stock lasts AND till 11.59am tomorrow.

http://superdeals.homeshop18.com/dea...=lenovo-xperia
Deal expires in 90 minutes odd. Quick Question: These guys say that it comes with a one year manafacturers warranty.

Do they expect us to take it to the US to claim warranty? ASUS wont honour that here.

Most Viewed