Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2013, 11:04   #976
BHPian

Re: The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vskesavan View Post
Thanks Acurafan. You endorsed my thoughts. Ofcourse, after waited for the past 3 months for surface I decided to give up and go for some other tab. I finalized to go for Asus Transformar TF 101. Now you are suggesting prime. I will check with that. Thanks again.
Sorry I misspoke. I meant TF101. Prime is the more expensive version which costs close to 50K. I think you have decided well. I like ASUS Transformer, it is a solid product.
Old 8th January 2013, 11:16   #977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acurafan View Post
Sorry I misspoke. I meant TF101. Prime is the more expensive version which costs close to 50K. I think you have decided well. I like ASUS Transformer, it is a solid product.
yes. I checked it. Prime Comes around Rs.46,000/-. So, I will stick to TF101.
Old 8th January 2013, 12:47   #978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please suggest a tab for purely business use with less entertainment. Doing a lot of works in 'word'. Hence, need a key pad also. Budget is up to Rs.30,000/-
Is tablet a mandatory thing. If not do check latest 11", 12", 13" ultrabooks. They are much much more business friendly and easily portable. However for these you may have to stretch your budget by 10-15k for a decent spec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
it is Iberry Core X4. if you are really out for 10.1, then it offers good specs against competitors. the only downside is resolution which is 1024 x 768 which will not look great on 10.1'' screen.
if you are OK with 7'' size then go for iberry Core X2 3G. it will give you 1280 x 800. it will surely look stunning.
I just want to see how the screen is. 1024 * 724 is not great but I guess it is hopefully manageable. At 16000 INR, a A9 quad core with 2 GB RAM is a rocking spec. Similar spec models retail for near 30k+. Am sure iBerry RnD or their supplier Rnd, testing might not be as good as Samsungs but the price difference is too wide.

Last edited by dipen : 8th January 2013 at 12:54.
Old 8th January 2013, 13:19   #979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Is tablet a mandatory thing. If not do check latest 11", 12", 13" ultrabooks. They are much much more business friendly and easily portable. However for these you may have to stretch your budget by 10-15k for a decent spec.
Alas. I am just now crossing over 'netbooks' and reaching 'tabs'. But, even before that 'ultrabooks' come in . So I am searching web to know more about them.
Old 8th January 2013, 13:45   #980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Alas. I am just now crossing over 'netbooks' and reaching 'tabs'. But, even before that 'ultrabooks' come in . So I am searching web to know more about them.
To give your a starting idea, ultrabooks are more powerful (nearly as laptops) with way superior built than the netbook and are complete feature packed including wifi, webcam, usb 2.0 , 3.0, (maybe hdmi), bluetooth (rarely), lan port, dvd drive (maybe) etc. Some high end ones have SSDs too. but these would be beyond the price you would be looking at.

They are complete laptops in a small package, but way superior than netbook in terms of hardware. If I come across decent ones in the 40k range, will post.

Edit - Acer Aspire S3 should be in the range of near 45k.
Sony VAIO T Series SVT13113EN Ultrabook for around 38k

To add , these ultrabooks are similar to Macbook Air to give your a size perspective.

Last edited by dipen : 8th January 2013 at 14:02.
Old 8th January 2013, 13:55   #981
BHPian

Quote:
If I come across decent ones in the 40k range, will post.
please post at the earliest possible . I am helpless because of my netbook lcd problem, unable to use/correct it now. Unable to borrow vaio from my daughter. Planned to buy a tab/ultrabook on coming Saturday.
Old 8th January 2013, 14:14   #982
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
please post at the earliest possible . I am helpless because of my netbook lcd problem, unable to use/correct it now. Unable to borrow vaio from my daughter. Planned to buy a tab/ultrabook on coming Saturday.
Acer Aspire S3 should be in the range of near 45k.

try this >> go to flipkart.com >> search for ultrabook >> do a sort from price low to high. This should give you most model details. The prices for laptops seem slightly on the higher side. You might be able to find one locally for 2-5 k less usually.
Old 8th January 2013, 17:23   #983
BHPian

Quote:
Acer Aspire S3 should be in the range of near 45k.

try this >> go to flipkart.com >> search for ultrabook >> do a sort from price low to high. This should give you most model details. The prices for laptops seem slightly on the higher side. You might be able to find one locally for 2-5 k less usually.
Sure, I will try that. By the way I am using Logitech wireless mouse and key board in my laptop. Is there any chance I can use them for any of tabs?. In such case I can go for a tab without keyboard support.
Old 8th January 2013, 19:24   #984
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Sure, I will try that. By the way I am using Logitech wireless mouse and key board in my laptop. Is there any chance I can use them for any of tabs?. In such case I can go for a tab without keyboard support.
It works via USB on my Sony. I think others with a USB or micro USB out will also support it.
Old 8th January 2013, 19:53   #985
Senior - BHPian

Got the Note 10.1. The final three was Note 10.1, Ipad and Nexus 10. The screen was not a deciding factor and went with note. Not a big fan of Apple so dropped it once Nexus 10 was available.

Got OTA update of JB and i am now on 4.1.1. Been here for few days

Pros -

- Very light
- Good speakers
- Pretty fast
- Multi window is actually usefull.
- Decent specifications and with a 3G BSNL Card does its job
- Paid 33.4K through some offers here.
- Got a simple screen gaurd to just protect. Not a big fan of screen guard.

Cons

- probably the screen resolution. Does not impact ones usage experience. But side/side with an Ipad, loses out much.
- Need some better photo editing software to make full use of the spen.
Old 8th January 2013, 20:27   #986
BHPian

Quote:
Microsoft Surface is the perfect solution for you. Sadly it is not available in India. For Android I have found ASUS Transformer Prime to be a good business tablet with the dock.
just now I read almost all back-pages of this thread, including your review on Surface. Your review tempted me again for Surface. To be precise, typing and printing are essential for my profession, for which Surface is very much suitable and that's the reason for my long waiting. I will try to ship it through my friends/relatives from USA. Now, all I want to know is, what will be the exact price (INR) of Surface?
Old 8th January 2013, 23:21   #987
BHPian

Quote:
Now, all I want to know is, what will be the exact price (INR) of Surface?
Surface with Keyboard will be $599 = 33K INR. It will also depends on where your friend is buying as the sales tax can go as high as $50.
Old 9th January 2013, 06:04   #988
BHPian

Quote:
Surface with Keyboard will be $599 = 33K INR. It will also depends on where your friend is buying as the sales tax can go as high as $50.
Thanks Acurafan.It very good suits my budget. My cousin is in NJ. I will have to check with him the price etc.
Old 9th January 2013, 12:13   #989
BHPian

If you are importing from US, you can also check out few of the Atom based Windows 8 tablets too. But none of them have the build quality of Surface. Also I would suggest you to think/list what you will be doing with the tablet and then decide whether you need a Ultrabook or Tablet. Ultrabooks are indeed more value for money compared to any of the tablets, only problem is that they are more expensive. But they are cheaper in US compared to India.
Old 9th January 2013, 12:46   #990
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
- Paid 33.4K through some offers here.
- Got a simple screen gaurd to just protect. Not a big fan of screen guard.
How did you get it so cheap?

Does it support calling?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks