Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2011, 22:02   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al)

The transformer Prime review is out for those who are interested.

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime review -- Engadget

This one is not running ICS though. Hope the update comes soon.

Also found some unanswered questions like which video/audio formats it supports, how good is memory card reader. Also there is a button on dock which enables/disables the dock which they seem to have overlooked. Also the keyboard on the dock is a 'chicklet' keyboard which is very popular in most laptops like Mac/Lenovo/HP/Asus. So i think it will be upto individuals to see how comfortable they are with these kind of keyboard.

Overall, a great effort by ASUS.

Last edited by chevelle : 1st December 2011 at 22:18.
Old 1st December 2011, 23:45   #227
BHPian

@deralte, Re reading my post does make me come across as a MS afficianado (not that i am not one since most of my computers run one). I should have re ordered the sequence as

1. what form factor would you like

:-)

Last edited by sreedotk : 1st December 2011 at 23:48.
Old 2nd December 2011, 09:05   #228
Distinguished - BHPian

I am having some issues in setting up my brand new BB Playbook.

For initial set-up you need a wi-fi connection which I have got installed at home

Set-up process :-

Step 1 : Connect to wi-fi. It connects easily to my new wi-fi connection

Step 2: Screen info has setting up automatic update of date and time

Step 3: Drop down menu with 3 options ( US, Canada, French) and when you select US the Blackberry ID Agreement has to display and I need to select ( I agree) and proceed to next screen. I am stuck on this screen/step

Tried quite a few times and it throws up an error saying, cannot display agreement, please select your country and language ( no option for this) and try again

Wi-Fi signal is strong and its a 3MBPS connection and I tried it on my phone, laptop and works perfectly

Dont know whats the problem?......Any inputs?
Old 2nd December 2011, 10:20   #229
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I am having some issues in setting up my brand new BB Playbook.

For initial set-up you need a wi-fi connection which I have got installed at home

Set-up process :-

Step 1 : Connect to wi-fi. It connects easily to my new wi-fi connection

Step 2: Screen info has setting up automatic update of date and time

Step 3: Drop down menu with 3 options ( US, Canada, French) and when you select US the Blackberry ID Agreement has to display and I need to select ( I agree) and proceed to next screen. I am stuck on this screen/step

Tried quite a few times and it throws up an error saying, cannot display agreement, please select your country and language ( no option for this) and try again

Wi-Fi signal is strong and its a 3MBPS connection and I tried it on my phone, laptop and works perfectly

Dont know whats the problem?......Any inputs?
This:
BlackBerry Playbook: "ID Agreement" Unable to cont... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

or something frm here:
Search - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2011, 16:52   #230
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks! The first link helped and thereafter setting up my playbook was a breeze.

Btw, this happens to be my first post here via my playbook
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2011, 17:00   #231
Senior - BHPian

Navin ji,

My doctor bought an iPad2 as a replacement device for Galaxy Note. and he had compared Galaxy Tab as well. Considering that I don't expect Asus to have done much wizardry with their interface either - thought the data point would be useful for you

/he's buying a phone separately!
Old 6th December 2011, 12:28   #232
BHPian

Re: Amazon Kindle - Touch & Tablet Version launched

Hi All,

Good to see a thread for Amazon Kindle.

I had pre-ordered the new Amazon Kindle Fire tablet, which was delivered to my friend who is in US. He will be coming to Mumbai in January, so will get it that time.

Anyone else here who has ordered or already received the Kindle Fire tablet?

Amazon has not yet opened the access to Kindle App Store in India, so i have asked my friend to load as many good apps as possible , which i can then use here in India.

- Sushil
Old 6th December 2011, 16:24   #233
BHPian

All,

I am planning to buy iPad 2, basically for games (for my daughter), browsing and to read e-books. There are few (sparingly) used iPad 2 with WiFi are available for 24k. Is it a good buy?

From your experience is WiFi enough and have you ever felt the need of 3G?

Appreciate your feedback on this.

-Selective
Old 6th December 2011, 17:38   #234
Senior - BHPian

iPad 2 for 24k is a very good buy. I have a Tablet with WiFi, and it serves the purpose.

If you do need internet when you are on the road, you can share 3G connection of your phone with iPad by installing an app on your phone.
Old 6th December 2011, 23:14   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selective View Post
All,

I am planning to buy iPad 2, basically for games (for my daughter), browsing and to read e-books. There are few (sparingly) used iPad 2 with WiFi are available for 24k. Is it a good buy?

-Selective
If you don't need internet on the go and are ok with a smaller screen, I suggest you look at the Amazon Kindle Fire or B&N Nook Color/Tablet. Will do what you are looking for at half the cost of a used iPad.
Old 7th December 2011, 09:52   #236
BHPian

Quote:
All,

-Selective
yup. more than enough. i bought a samsung tab 10.1 recently. ipad vs other tabs?

if you have made up your mind on ipad i can advise you to go for wifi as 3g is not a absolutely essential feature and one can access internet when required through gprs.
Old 8th December 2011, 06:53   #237
Senior - BHPian

The final canard against the iPad2 is now gone:
Adobe kills Flash for mobile devices, proves that Apple was right
Old 8th December 2011, 19:52   #238
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Hi Friends,
i have a IBM R51 running on peppermint os2 and also have win7 ultimate, but never use it. as i need to replace my laptop, i have made some choices - would like all your advices on selecting the right machine for me.

since most of my useage is email, fb/tweet, word processing, some adobe photoshop and audio/video editing, i find a 10" tablet to be most suitable. i have listed some tablets below - pls assist in helping me choose the best suitable one. (i dont use tablet/laptop to play games or watch movies - have seperate systems for that). i already have a dedicated GPS and smartphone so these features are not required on my tablet. my next machine is essentially a replacement to my laptop - to be specific.
1. Asus Transformer TF 101 - with and without the dock
2. Asus Slider SL 101
3. Viewsonic Viewpad 10s - wifi + 3G model
all these 3 tabs are running on android honeycomb 3.2 upgradeable to ICS 4 version.
thanks in advance for all your tips/info. users who have the above machines pls chirp in on their advantages and disadvantages.
best regards.

Last edited by shekaran : 8th December 2011 at 19:59. Reason: spell check
Old 8th December 2011, 20:05   #239
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekaran View Post
Hi Friends,
i have a IBM R51 running on peppermint os2 and also have win7 ultimate, but never use it. as i need to replace my laptop, i have made some choices - would like all your advices on selecting the right machine for me.

since most of my useage is email, fb/tweet, word processing, some adobe photoshop and audio/video editing, i find a 10" tablet to be most suitable. i have listed some tablets below - pls assist in helping me choose the best suitable one. (i dont use tablet/laptop to play games or watch movies - have seperate systems for that). i already have a dedicated GPS and smartphone so these features are not required on my tablet. my next machine is essentially a replacement to my laptop - to be specific.
1. Asus Transformer TF 101 - with and without the dock
2. Asus Slider SL 101
3. Viewsonic Viewpad 10s - wifi + 3G model
all these 3 tabs are running on android honeycomb 3.2 upgradeable to ICS 4 version.
thanks in advance for all your tips/info. users who have the above machines pls chirp in on their advantages and disadvantages.
best regards.

If you're looking for a laptop replacement the new Transformer is your best bet, check out the acer iconia series if you don't need a keyboard?
Bluengel180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2011, 10:21   #240
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
All,

-Selective
If your ok with just Wi-fi as internt connectivity then go for a 16GB Blackberry Playbook. If you look around for deals, you can pick up one for 15K-16K

Btw, If you use a blackberry phone its internet connection can also be used to browse the web on the playbook

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks