Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2012, 09:46   #301
BHPian

Re: The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
Motorola zoom?Its for 21k
Just checked after seeing your post, the Motorola xoom is now available for 19k. Such a steep price drop
Old 13th January 2012, 22:16   #302
BHPian

guys i am looking for a tablet for browsing purpose mostly, so does 800*480 resolution 7" inch screen could display a whole web page properly. And any suggestion for a cheap tablet under 10k rs with capacitive screen??
Old 13th January 2012, 22:36   #303
Senior - BHPian

Samsung 8.9" will be priced approx 20k rupees. I feel, if priced that way, it will be a great tablet. Much better than xoom's, pb's.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 Price - Buy Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 Price in India, Best Prices n Review
Old 14th January 2012, 00:48   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Motorola zoom?Its for 21k
Good suggestion! And apparently its getting the ICS update soon.

Ice Cream Sandwich update dripping out to Motorola Xoom | Crave - CNET

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Samsung 8.9" will be priced approx 20k rupees. I feel, if priced that way, it will be a great tablet. Much better than xoom's, pb's.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 Price - Buy Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 Price in India, Best Prices n Review
Are you sure? Isn't it priced marginally lower than the 10.1 version? If yes, looks like Samsung is trying to capture sales before the 7'' Asus with Tegra3 hits the market.

Last edited by GTO : 17th January 2012 at 14:05. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 14th January 2012, 01:40   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit View Post
Are you sure? Isn't it priced marginally lower than the 10.1 version? If yes, looks like Samsung is trying to capture sales before the 7'' Asus with Tegra3 hits the market.
i am pretty sure it should be same price. If we put in tax then it will be around 22k or so. Even at 22k-23k its an excellent price and tablet since most 7 inchers are 20k. 2" more is nice!
Old 14th January 2012, 02:26   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post

Samsung 8.9 is for 31k at flipkart and letsbuy. Samsung has relaunched the old Galaxy tab which is priced at 20k. it is ancient and to be avoided.

Samsung is horribly overpriced currently.With Motorola/HTC/Asus having better tabs at much lower rates.

You cant go wrong with the motorola zoom.It has a 10.1 inch screen and has already got an official ICS update.All of that for 19k
Bluengel180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2012, 03:01   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Samsung 8.9 is for 31k at flipkart and letsbuy. Samsung has relaunched the old Galaxy tab which is priced at 20k. it is ancient and to be avoided.

Samsung is horribly overpriced currently.With Motorola/HTC/Asus having better tabs at much lower rates.

You cant go wrong with the motorola zoom.It has a 10.1 inch screen and has already got an official ICS update.All of that for 19k
If its 31k, i would stay a feet away from it. That's for sure. I was hoping it will be priced competitively. Guess samsung India haven't yet woke up to the competition. ASUS TP is really good competition, but not the 1st gen.

Flyer, Xoom and PB are priced that way because they are on their way out and no body buys those at 31k. They will be replaced by newer models soon so that's why this clearance sale. Personally, xoom is a pain to use. Not as good as i hoped for. What's the price of Sony S-Tablet? Is it around 30k too or did it go down?

It makes sense instead to get these from USA. Great prices going on right now for samsung tab 10.1 and Sony s-tablet. Both are now only $400 which is ~20k. Bang for the buck. The 7-inchers are now $200 only, be it Fire, Flyer or PB.

Also news of ipad 3 have started circulating with a possible release in March-Apr. Most buyers will postpone the purchase.

Last edited by chevelle : 14th January 2012 at 03:02.
Old 16th January 2012, 16:49   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samy3660 View Post
guys i am looking for a tablet for browsing purpose mostly, so does 800*480 resolution 7" inch screen could display a whole web page properly. And any suggestion for a cheap tablet under 10k rs with capacitive screen??
Hey i have bougth preowned samsung tab wifi, its a good one with nice features for beginners. Ok so does 2.3 is available for it?
Old 16th January 2012, 17:45   #309
BHPian

Rooting the iberry BT10 [How to]

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekaran View Post
i bought a viewsonic viewpad 10s from singapore. it had the 2.2 froyo OS, rooted it and installed android honeycomb 3.2 (the kernel of the samsung Gtab is 3.1). this 3.2 is presently OE in Asus Transformer only as far as i know. see attached pic on present condition.
BTW, honeycomb rocks and to be frank, my tab is equal to my laptop - in browsing, fb, email etc.,.All features are working in the rooted OS and even GPS and 3G works at amazing speeds. the best part is the HDMI clarity of the screen.
Cheers. Happy New Year Wishes to all.
Dear Shekaran ( or any other T-Bhp mate who may help)

Please share the step wise method you use to root and install android honeycomb 3.2.
I am having iberry BT10 (android 2.3 presently) and would very much like to do the same.

thanks in advance
Cheers

Last edited by sanagg1 : 16th January 2012 at 17:48.
Old 17th January 2012, 09:53   #310
BHPian

BB playbook 16gb and 32 gb seems to be out of stock on all sites. The 64gb version is now available for 20k on Flipkart. Is the offer good enough ? Any chances of the prices going down even further ?
Old 22nd January 2012, 18:13   #311
BHPian

online news paper for tablets

Hi,
I don't know if these has been asked before or is it in proper forum.
But I was wondering if anyone reads news on there tablet. Well I just recently bought a tablet and was trying to read epapers but they are not optimized for tabs. So was wondering if someone knows any good site for latest news. I tried downloading pdf version but that too is not much of help.

Thanks
Old 22nd January 2012, 18:58   #312
Senior - BHPian

Re: online news paper for tablets

Some weeks back our condominium was having certain issues with the newspaper vendor and we all were getting our newspapers quite late, thus upsetting our daily routine/schedule.

I mentioned about this predicament on my FB and most suggested that I should read the newspaper on my iPad.

Well, I tried for two days and gave it up...
gd1418 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2012, 19:43   #313
BHPian

Haha that's the case with me too. I don't feel the effect of hardcopy on the tab. I think news with blog type entry will be well suited for tabs, but is there any good website doing that either.
Anyway news.google.com is good but not making the cut.
Thanks. Well browsing the net on tab is good enough, as you can see I am posting this from my tab.
Old 23rd January 2012, 03:15   #314
BHPian

It really depends on if you want to replace the print papers and go completely online. I use iPad mostly for consuming news and there are plenty of apps to make reading on the tab intuitive and fun. Most news houses are compatible with tabs, and there is no reason to stick to static epapers. WSJ, NYT, TOI, ET, HT etc., have all dedicated apps, but few require subscription. I also like Flipboard as news aggregator, it's simply amazing and really shows the potential of tablets as authenticated news readers. Despite all the news in the digital format hitting us left, right and centre, I still cant start my day without ogling at crispy morning edition along with a cup of steamy coffee

Last edited by doxinboy : 23rd January 2012 at 03:17.
doxinboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 08:12   #315
sun
BHPian

most of the Malayalam news papers have tablet compatible editions.
sun is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed