Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2013, 15:34   #1171
BHPian

Between Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (yet to arrive in market) and Asus Nexus 7 - 3G + 32gb (available at Reliance Digital for Rs 21900), which is the best device to go for? I already have Note 2. Thanks in advance.
Old 16th April 2013, 17:08   #1172
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Asus Nexus 7 - 3G + 32gb (available at Reliance Digital for Rs 21900),
When did Nexus 7 3G come in officially? is it available at Reliance Digital with B&W? Play store is still showing only 16GB wifi.

Sorry. Just checked on Reliancedigital site. 32GB wifi & 32GB 3G Wifi both are on sale. Didnt know.

Coming to your question, the way i see it, Nexus 7 & Note 8 are 2 different things all together. They both belong to different price brackets as well as technical specifications. Also with Google I/O sometime in coming months, there is a possibility of something new coming in. If you not in a hurry, wait till samsung note 8 hits indian shores.

Since you say you already have Note II, the S pen is not a "new" thing for you. I would say Nexus 7 it is.

Regards,

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 16th April 2013 at 17:19.
Old 16th April 2013, 17:25   #1173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post

When did Nexus 7 3G come in officially? is it available at Reliance Digital with B&W? Play store is still showing only 16GB wifi.
Nexus 7 - 16gb Wifi only version was launched through play store. Later Asus launched the 32gb Wifi (18999) and 32gb Wifi+3g (21999) version in Indian market. I my self saw the 3g version in Reliance Digital today. It has 'Imported by Asus India and the price is printed in Indian rupees. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 16th April 2013 at 17:27.
Old 17th April 2013, 13:13   #1174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiusPitar View Post
Jkdas, have you tried streaming flash videos on either? Especially the mm infinity? How is the experience? Like couchtuner.com or putlocker videos?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Ainol, ya! But read some bad review. Do check.

And those asked for Skype/gchat, that too I would check in few days.

Skype was good; did using 3G. Didnt try gchat.

My colleague saw IPL last day live and said it was quite good.

HP Slate 7 Hits UK Shelves Priced At £129
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/HP-...l#xtor=RSS-980

Last edited by jkdas : 17th April 2013 at 13:15.
Old 18th April 2013, 22:46   #1175
BHPian

For those interested, HS18 has sent a mailer just a little while ago, and the Samsung Tab2 Wifi only version costs just less than INR 8500/- (after claiming the voucher.)

Hope it is useful for someone :-)

And, no, I am not a part of HS18
Old 19th April 2013, 00:50   #1176
Senior - BHPian

I picked a Samsung Tab 2 from Homeshop 18 super deals. I know its not the best one out there but matches my needs perfectly and now at this price, its even better. I was about to buy it last week but got delayed due to some reasons and it seems what eve happens, happens for good. Final price paid after applying Discount Code is ₹ 8486.

They say it will be shipped out to me in 4-5 days. Hoping to receive the same by mid next week.

Also, interesting news for the Sony Tablet S users here,

Sony Xperia Tablet S Jelly Bean update going live tomorrow
ANDROID CENTRAL | APRIL 18, 2013
http://pulse.me/s/kIrnN

Android 4.1.1 OTA update starts April 18th 9-10am PST Sony has just announced through their community forums that Jelly Bean is coming soon to the Xp... read more

Regards,

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 19th April 2013 at 00:57.
Old 19th April 2013, 11:12   #1177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I picked a Samsung Tab 2 from Homeshop 18 super deals. I know its not the best one out there but matches my needs perfectly and now at this price, its even better. I was about to buy it last week but got delayed due to some reasons and it seems what eve happens, happens for good. Final price paid after applying Discount Code is ₹ 8486.

They say it will be shipped out to me in 4-5 days. Hoping to receive the same by mid next week.

Also, interesting news for the Sony Tablet S users here,

Sony Xperia Tablet S Jelly Bean update going live tomorrow
ANDROID CENTRAL | APRIL 18, 2013
http://pulse.me/s/kIrnN

Android 4.1.1 OTA update starts April 18th 9-10am PST Sony has just announced through their community forums that Jelly Bean is coming soon to the Xp... read more

Regards,
Can you please share more details on why you narrowed down on this ? I am also looking for a tablet for my son, Mostly ok with Wifi only versions. iPad mini is just plain expensive at 20K+

And there are only likes of Micromax south of 10-12K range. I was surprised to see Samsung pricing it so low. Just want to know how this device compares against others in the market

1. Do we know the processor ? Is this an old HW that wont play many of the games ?
2. how is the camera quality ?
Old 19th April 2013, 11:57   #1178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Can you please share more details on why you narrowed down on this ? I am also looking for a tablet for my son, Mostly ok with Wifi only versions. iPad mini is just plain expensive at 20K+

And there are only likes of Micromax south of 10-12K range. I was surprised to see Samsung pricing it so low. Just want to know how this device compares against others in the market

1. Do we know the processor ? Is this an old HW that wont play many of the games ?
2. how is the camera quality ?
Reasons i narrowed down to this one

1. Didnt want a generic brand Tablet. So MMX, Karbon etc rulled out. (NO OFFENCE TO ANYONE)

2. 7" Was a must. Ease of carrying around during travel.

3. wifi only is more than enough as 99% times this is going to be used either at home or in office.

4. Wanted something with SD Card as i keep swapping the card between the Tab and the iMito MX device which is connected to my LCD at Home.

I know Tab 2 is quite outdated in terms of spec compared to the current day tablets, But i cant complain as ₹8400/- is a bargain and meets my requirements pretty well.

Regards,
Old 19th April 2013, 12:03   #1179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Reasons i narrowed down to this one

1. Didnt want a generic brand Tablet. So MMX, Karbon etc rulled out. (NO OFFENCE TO ANYONE)

2. 7" Was a must. Ease of carrying around during travel.

3. wifi only is more than enough as 99% times this is going to be used either at home or in office.

4. Wanted something with SD Card as i keep swapping the card between the Tab and the iMito MX device which is connected to my LCD at Home.

I know Tab 2 is quite outdated in terms of spec compared to the current day tablets, But i cant complain as ₹8400/- is a bargain and meets my requirements pretty well.

Regards,
Agree with you. BTW i saw its 10499 on homeshop and flipkart.
infibeam is selling for 9949.

is this a generic coupon you applied which you can share ?
Old 19th April 2013, 12:08   #1180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Agree with you. BTW i saw its 10499 on homeshop and flipkart.
infibeam is selling for 9949.

is this a generic coupon you applied which you can share ?
Sure,

Here you go

http://superdeals.homeshop18.com/dea...expresso-canon

"Use Gift Coupon GC9P98BPTGED" on check out.
Old 20th April 2013, 13:39   #1181
BHPian

Hi People,

Two days before i purchased Samsung P5100 10 inch Tab, the issue i am facing with the TAB is that its Screen Timeout is NOT working. Even at setting at timer of 1 min inactivity the screen light still stays on which is consuming the battery, every time i have to manually hit the switch off button.

Please Help!!!

Thanks

Amit
Old 22nd April 2013, 21:07   #1182
BHPian

Bought the iberry corex4 3G from their website. Delivery was really fast.

The tab surprisingly came with zero charge on battery and refused to switch on.

Charged for about 15 mins, and switched it on. First impression on the display and touch responsiveness are good. But the fit and finish is clearly a budget tablet. There was a slight gap between the touch panel and the plastic body. I had to press and click it back to shape. Dust accumulation can be a problem without a good case.

The charging indicator led appears to be slightly displaced away from the transparent region. The led Light easily leaks and can be seen at the border of the panel and plastic.

Tried a Bsnl sim(without 3g) but it wasn't able to get a network connection, even after searching for a long time . Will try again tomorrow with a different sim. Now have left it charge fully.

Wifi works well and browsing was a very good experience. Best thing is, my dad for whom I had purchased the tablet liked it very much.

Now, a couple of questions to corex4 owners:
What case, screen gaurd etc are you using? Where did you buy those?

Any chance of ipad2 cases fitting this tab?
Old 23rd April 2013, 11:08   #1183
BHPian

Can anyone recommend a good case (preferably book type) for my recently bough Samsung galaxy Tab 2 (with 3G). If I go for a case, is screenguard a necessity then?
Old 23rd April 2013, 11:28   #1184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus View Post
Can anyone recommend a good case (preferably book type) for my recently bough Samsung galaxy Tab 2 (with 3G). If I go for a case, is screenguard a necessity then?
I got my tab 2 WIFI 16GB yesterday. absolute VFM device considering i paid ₹8486/-.

I too was looking for a cover for the same and ended up ordering one from ebay.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Samsung-Galax...#ht_3305wt_906

NOTE: I AM NOT RELATED TO THIS LISTING AT ALL. JUST ORDERED SAME SO SHARING INFO HERE.

Regards,
Old 23rd April 2013, 12:15   #1185
Distinguished - BHPian

Can someone recommend a good Hybrid(Tab+keyboard) for roundabout 25k?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks