Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2013, 15:32   #1201
Team-BHP Support

If you are looking at the 7 inch form factor check out the Nexus 7. If that budget is fine it's one of the best Android tablets at that price point.
Old 9th May 2013, 16:53   #1202
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Quintessential Tablet PC Thread (Android, Apple, BB et al)

Please suggest car charger for Samsung Tab 2.

Rohan
Old 9th May 2013, 18:51   #1203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
I have been using the playbook for over an year now .

For 11k go for it. It is an amazingly capable tablet.
Yes. Good option for 11K, although I am not sure about the warranty part ("International Warranty" is probably incorrect on that grabmore site). I think standard BB India warranty is 18 months.)

The specs don't mention about GPS, but it seems the hardware is inbuilt. That is a bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
ALthough, it says you can sideload Android apps, not all work smoothly. and the native apps are pretty less.
Yes, sideloading won't give me all the apps (e.g. Templerun 2 does not work as I read somewhere.
The only positive side here is that with BB10 OS coming to the Playbook by end of this year, there is a chance that JellyBean apps are supported via sideloading.

Solid build at 11K with good internals is what sets this thing aside. But... Kindle Fire HD seems even better (see below).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
If you are looking at the 7 inch form factor check out the Nexus 7. If that budget is fine it's one of the best Android tablets at that price point.
Yes. But I have to stretch myself further for that one.

Some research also pointed me to the Kindle Fire HD 7" tab. It has the best sound and video quality in the 7" segment as I understand. Best fit for an entertainer.
However the open issues are:
1. No warranty in India
2. No AppStore in India (so far). Without this, the tablet is useless unless there is a workaround (e.g. using some proxy?)

Grabmore is offering this at 14.5K (wall charger is extra cost).
Amazon is not willing to ship this to India (else it is just around 10K)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Please suggest car charger for Samsung Tab 2.

Rohan
How about this one?
http://www.tradus.com/samsung-oem-st...AMAYGF6XFMCSBT

Just note that Samsung tablets need 2 Ampere current so standard USB output (500 mA) will not work.

Alternative is to use a Belkin power/ travel adapter and use existing Samsung tablet charger with it.
Old 10th May 2013, 10:25   #1204
Senior - BHPian

How is Nexus 7 (pre-owned, invoice dated 30 March via Playstore India) for 14K?
This is 16 GB. The owner claims it is unused, but I have to check it in person today.

This comes with 12 month India warranty I guess. I hope this is transferable to the second owner and not restricted to the first owner (like Blackberry warranty).

The other option is an older Nexus (bought in January for US) for 12K.
Old 10th May 2013, 12:37   #1205
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
How is Nexus 7 (pre-owned, invoice dated 30 March via Playstore India) for 14K?
This is 16 GB. The owner claims it is unused, but I have to check it in person today.

This comes with 12 month India warranty I guess. I hope this is transferable to the second owner and not restricted to the first owner (like Blackberry warranty).

The other option is an older Nexus (bought in January for US) for 12K.
The first option isn't very attractive considering that it is available at 16K right now. For just 2K extra, new one is much better deal.

When bought from US, it would have cost under 11K(199 USD), if you can get it for 10K, it would be a fair deal if it is working alright and visually OK

BTW, I saw a Quad core Ainol on eBay, looked mighty impressive for 7K price only. Even had a good resolution of 1024x600 on a 7 inch display +HDMI. Shipping from Mumbai, so no problems in custom etc.
Search for Quad core Ainol on ebay, it seems pretty good

Last edited by agambhandari : 10th May 2013 at 12:43.
Old 10th May 2013, 12:50   #1206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The first option isn't very attractive considering that it is available at 16K right now. For just 2K extra, new one is much better deal.

When bought from US, it would have cost under 11K(), if you can get it for 10K, it would be a fair deal if it is working alright and visually OK

BTW, I saw a Quad core Ainol on eBay, looked mighty impressive for 7K price only. Even had a good resolution of 1024x600 on a 7 inch display +HDMI. Shipping from Mumbai, so no problems in custom etc.
Search for Quad core Ainol on ebay, it seems pretty good
The quad core Ainol is reported to perform below the dual core versions of other companies. I think the CPU that they use is not very great.
I will have to check where I found that.
Old 10th May 2013, 13:08   #1207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binzone View Post
Bought the iberry corex4 3G from their website. Delivery was really fast.

The tab surprisingly came with zero charge on battery and refused to switch on.

Any chance of ipad2 cases fitting this tab?
Hi Binzone

What other options did you try before closing on this?

Also are you happy with the purchase? Any thing specific that you found irksome?

Asking you specifically since you had mentioned that your need was similar to mine. I am yet to buy one though..
Old 10th May 2013, 14:26   #1208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How about this one?
http://www.tradus.com/samsung-oem-st...AMAYGF6XFMCSBT

Just note that Samsung tablets need 2 Ampere current so standard USB output (500 mA) will not work.

Alternative is to use a Belkin power/ travel adapter and use existing Samsung tablet charger with it.
Thanks for the suggestion.

This 2A charger is not present on Samsung India website. Is this not sold in India with bill and warranty ? It is available with a few online stores, but there is no mention of warranty.

Also, can I use this 2A charger to charge mobile phone using a USB to micro USB cable ? I hope the higher current rating would not damage smaller devices.

Rohan
Old 10th May 2013, 14:54   #1209
BHPian

Guys, need advice on Android tablet. Recently I was in Bangkok where I came across a cheap andriod tab. It was branded as Samsung Tab2, but it was a fake. But i liked touch sensitivity, screen and response, so I bought it.

When I installed Anti-virus on it, it reported that device is rooted. Is it safe to use such device? Is there any precaution I have to take?
Old 10th May 2013, 16:32   #1210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This 2A charger is not present on Samsung India website. Is this not sold in India with bill and warranty ? It is available with a few online stores, but there is no mention of warranty.

Also, can I use this 2A charger to charge mobile phone using a USB to micro USB cable ? I hope the higher current rating would not damage smaller devices.

Rohan
If you want the original one, and don't want it from a third party site, then get it from the Samsung showroom in your city.
I have charged a normal mobile with the 2A charger. Nothing exploded. :0
In theory, the mobile will draw current as per the needs. The charger has capacity to supply upto 2A current. So, if mobile supports fast charging, then the 2A charger will be able to help.

I have not tested if the 2A charger can charger faster than the 850 mA charger for my phone.

@agambhandari: Is 20% off MRP (16000) good for a month old Nexus 7?

Last edited by S_U_N : 10th May 2013 at 16:33.
Old 10th May 2013, 16:49   #1211
BANNED

Quote:

@agambhandari: Is 20% off MRP (16000) good for a month old Nexus 7?
Looks good, so about 12-13K. 12K is a very good price, if you can make sure everything is working OK.
BTW, where are you finding so many deals on used N7? any website other than eBay, swappa?
Old 10th May 2013, 17:58   #1212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks good, so about 12-13K. 12K is a very good price, if you can make sure everything is working OK.
BTW, where are you finding so many deals on used N7? any website other than eBay, swappa?
Well, I have not got anything so far, I was getting a price estimate.
There are many people selling stuff on olx, sulekha, quikr, etc.
Old 10th May 2013, 20:20   #1213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post

Hi Binzone

What other options did you try before closing on this?

Also are you happy with the purchase? Any thing specific that you found irksome?

Asking you specifically since you had mentioned that your need was similar to mine. I am yet to buy one though..
Overall am satisfied with the purchase. Well actually bought this did my dad and glad that I bought a 9.7 instead of the 7 inchers.

The build quality is not up to the mark, the outer cover definitely doesn't inspire confidence and you have to be careful how you handle it.

And you just don't have a choice when it comes to covers and cases, because of its unique dimension. I didn't like their portfolio cover.

I had a bit of a struggle with the mobile network option to get it to start recognising my dad's Bsnl sim, but eventually did and is working fine.

Camera is good for nothing, but I didn't have much expectation there, so it's fine.

Apart from that I simply love the tablet. It's blazing fast, the display is good. Though am not a hardcore gamer, stuff like temple run, beach buggy etc didn't have any lags. Browser was good.

Watching hd movies on the tablet as well as the TV through a hdmi cable is superb.

Battery life is good.

Before you finalise on this take a look at the new zync tab too, at around 10k, with almost the same specs, but without 3g.
Old 11th May 2013, 06:25   #1214
BHPian

A week ago, I bought a tablet for my mom - micromax funbook p275. The Wi-Fi disconnects and doesn't connect on its own. I've tried to fix by changing the sleep setting to never in the advanced mode. It worked fine for one day. Now again it's not happening.

Has someone fixed this ? Any suggestions
Old 11th May 2013, 07:57   #1215
BHPian

Quote:

Rohan
http://www.ebay.in/itm/261190816150

I use this ,comes with a free cable too. Works fine with my tab 2 p3100 in my car. Original Samsung, hope it helps

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks