Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2012, 17:29   #226
Senior - BHPian

re: The Ultimate B2-Segment Hatchbacks Comparison!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
Just talked to the dealer in Pune. The pricing and the display car will come to them on 2nd November. He also mentioned that the pricing of the top end model will be at par with Swift VDI. So, looks to be around 7.5L OTR, if I am not wrong.
Swift vDi is around 8L OTR Pune, correct? Or is that zDi? Do check out the brakes, if you are comfortable with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
Haha... Just got married 3 weeks ago. . Yes, The Liva is an option worth trying . I would have loved to have the Jazz as its my fav hatch , but due to budget constraints have to forgo it.
Congrats! see if you are open to the idea of buying a preowned Jazz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Do check out the Sail U-VA petrol. Just like the Liva, it has got its fundamentals bang-on. Lots of space, decent engines and a good ride.
You-know-who needs to be contacted by Chevy for being their Sail mascot!

Last edited by selfdrive : 5th November 2012 at 17:30.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2012, 17:48   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Swift vDi is around 8L OTR Pune, correct? Or is that zDi? Do check out the brakes, if you are comfortable with that.
Swift ZDI is about 8.1L OTR Pune. I am not comfortable with Swift due to the lack of rear space and unreasonable waiting time.
Old 6th November 2012, 10:01   #228

Hi
Swift Vxi is not 5.46 OTR in Thane. If it was then i'd hv booked it. Its sumwhere around the 6 mark i think. Figo I liked the car, but friends say Ford maintanance cost is very high. Any idea how is the maintanance cost of Toyota ??
Am even considering the Ritz Vxi. Has the same engine as swift, but has more rear leg room and a tall boy stance.
Old 6th November 2012, 12:16   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRed
Hi
Swift Vxi is not 5.46 OTR in Thane.
Extremely sorry about the price, seems I was misinformed.

Quote:
Figo I liked the car, but friends say Ford maintanance cost is very high.
Have you had it straight from the horse's mouth? We have a total of three Ford vehicles in our extended family, 2 Fiestas and a Figo (all diesels). And I can vouch for the ownership experience being 1st rate.
Sure, parts are that much costlier, but in their defence, they last that much longer too! And I'm only talking about the diesels, which are traditionally known to have more maintenance costs than petrol engines.

I'd still suggest you take a closer look at the Figo (its recently had a face-lift too). Its A.S.S is really not the deal-breaker you think. Besides, apart from the 2-yr warranty, if you opt for the 5-year extended Ford complete-protection plan (or whatever its called, don't remember), why, you will have nothing but wear-n-tear parts to worry about for 5 years.

Entirely upto you, but I still suggest you talk to a Figo owner you know. Thanks for reading.

Quote:

Any idea how is the maintanance cost of Toyota ??
Never had a first hand impression, but being Japs, I think Liva will have lower maintenance costs. Not to forget the world-acclaimed Toyota reliability.

Last edited by Harshal.Bhosale : 6th November 2012 at 12:19.
Old 6th November 2012, 12:17   #230
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
You-know-who needs to be contacted by Chevy for being their Sail mascot!

I must say though, I'd probably never buy the Sail. I will advocate it, especially over a Swift. Simply because IMO it's better in nearly every respect! It's a great car and everything, but it just doesn't suit my requirement.

Besides, I absolutely hate the steering because it completely lacks feel. But that's me. I'm sure others wouldn't have a problem as it's light and easy to use in the city.

Chevy would have done well to target the Liva / Figo rather than looking to target the Swift and under-cut it by 20k in the hope that people will see the light.
Old 8th November 2012, 12:36   #231
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Friend needs a petrol hatchback with a budget of 5.5 lakhs on-road Mumbai. He is also looking at factory fitted LPG/CNG. Have suggested him the WagonR CNG(green) Lxi. Are there any other cars worth considering for that price?

I wonder if there is any CNG option on the i10 ? On the Hyundai website, it says contact the nearest dealer for CNG option! i10 1.1 LPG is also available.

Which among the 2 is the better deal?

Also if looking only for petrol, Figo & Brio seem value for money. Car will be self driven most of the time.
Old 8th November 2012, 12:40   #232
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS
Friend needs a petrol hatchback with a budget of 5.5 lakhs on-road Mumbai. He is also looking at factory fitted LPG/CNG. Have suggested him the WagonR CNG(green) Lxi. Are there any other cars worth considering for that price?

I wonder if there is any CNG option on the i10 ? On the Hyundai website, it says contact the nearest dealer for CNG option! i10 1.1 LPG is also available.

Which among the 2 is the better deal?

Also if looking only for petrol, Figo & Brio seem value for money. Car will be self driven most of the time.
For LPG, you could also look at the Beat.
If a petrol only, Swift and Brio will be my recommendation.
But thanks to the price, the Brio is a superior product.
Old 8th November 2012, 13:10   #233
Senior - BHPian

Premium hatchbacks? The only ones selling in India are Fiat 500 / VW Beetle and Mini (not too sure if its a hatchback or not).

Premium = pricy. Period.
Old 13th November 2012, 17:57   #234
BHPian

Hi guys,

Here I am with the same question that's been asked here million times already.
"Which car to buy?"

To make life easier, I have already shortlisted 4 cars. Figo, Sail, Pulse and Brio.
The budget is 5.5 lacs OTR, Baroda and looking for petrol version only.
I am going to test drives all the cars after 3 days, since showrooms are on holidays now. But before that I needed suggestions from you guys.

So please send in your valued words.

PS: Wishing all the members a very happy diwali

Last edited by indianvirus : 13th November 2012 at 17:59.
Old 13th November 2012, 18:49   #235
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianvirus
Hi guys,

Here I am with the same question that's been asked here million times already.
"Which car to buy?"

To make life easier, I have already shortlisted 4 cars. Figo, Sail, Pulse and Brio.
I am going to test drives all the cars after 3 days, since showrooms are on holidays now. But before that I needed suggestions from you guys.

For petrol, the Brio would be the best option.
Best engine, great dynamics at a competitive price
Old 13th November 2012, 19:12   #236
jpm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianvirus View Post
Hi guys,

Had the same confusion a week ago. Exclusive Petrol Hatch. Mileage not an issue.

Swift and i20 were not in contention.

Figo was offered at 5.2L OTR for ZXi variant. Competent city car c Decent performance. However, if every second car in my town is a swift, every third is a figo and every fourth is an i20.

Didnt consider Sail at all, as from the official review I felt it was too spartan inside out.

Initially zeroed in and almost paid advance towards Brio S at 5.09L OTR.
Peppy engine, quirky looks and in a place like ours - unique unlike i20s, swifts and figos. After some unpleasant dealership experience, literally tore off the cheque.

Pulse was expensive at 6.08L OTR with not much of discounts for RxL.

Frustrated with Honda experience, Checked out tbhp reviews and ownership reports. Thats about it. Micra ticked all my needs. Bought a Cherry Red Nissan Micra XL Petrol over phone and had it delivered to my home in 5 days. OTR quoted was 5.59L.

Pleasant and Enthusiastic Sales experience. City Car. Decent Performance. Well kitted. Nice interiors. It also seems frugal (avg. 13.5kmpl) in my 400km odd (city80%+highway20%) so far which can only improve with time.

Nissan did a super thing too. They announced a festival offer of 50K exchange bonus+14k insurance free +6k corp discount for the Micra Petrol variants thereby effectively reducing my OTR to 4.89L OTR; making my deepavali that much more sweeter.

My advice would be to look at Brio S (O)/S MT first. If that doesn't work out, check out the Micra. If you feel its too girly, go for the pulse. Have fun.
Old 13th November 2012, 20:12   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I assume the space of the aforementioned cars suits you. In that case, the brio would be the best of the lot. It has the best handling and lowest TCO. Yes, the looks are the most oddball of the lot with the glass hatch, but there is very little negative about the car.
Old 15th November 2012, 00:44   #238
BHPian

Thanks agam, jpm and pganapathy for your prompt replies.

Brio is a good car, I have got words about its peppy performance and good fuel efficiency, but I am concerned about lack of rear leg room, lack of boot space and cost of spares. I plan to keep the car at least for 5 years. I will decide after taking the TD day after tomorrow.

Btw offer on micra seems good, worth checking it out.
Old 15th November 2012, 01:03   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Brio is a good car, I have got words about its peppy performance and good fuel efficiency, but I am concerned about lack of rear leg room, lack of boot space and cost of spares. I plan to keep the car at least for 5 years. I will decide after taking the TD day after tomorrow.

Btw offer on micra seems good, worth checking it out.
I dont think leg room is much of an issue in Brio. i mean, there is adequate legroom at the rear. Although the car looks small from outside, its more spacious than we would expect. it has more legroom than Swift as well.

Since you want a a petrol hatch, i advise you to stick to Honda/Maruti. Swift is a good choice IMHO. Ease of maintenance and totally worth the price.Further, you can look at Polo petrol as well. There may be good offers on it. But, i think Brio is the best one , followed by Swift and Polo.
Old 16th November 2012, 20:20   #240
BHPian

Hey all,

I went to check sail today. Checked the car inside out. Couldn't test drive since their vehicle wasn't insured yet. Ample space all around. Gears were nice with short throw.
OTR cost for base model is Rs. 522372.00

Ex showroom : 453867
Accessories pack : 21480
Comp. insurance : 16645
RTO : 25380
handling and logistics : 5000

Accessories include, MP3 player with 4 speakers, Mud flaps, floor mats, scuff plates, central locking with remote and reverse parking sensor

What do you guys think of this offer?

Apparently all other showrooms are still closed, so couldn't check any other cars.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks