Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2013, 10:54   #436
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Ultimate B2-Segment Hatchbacks Comparison!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Renault Pulse is the exact same car as the Micra. However there is a serious issue with the Car.
There is no Nissan Sticker on the car.
I have been told, that Nissan sticker, being Japanese has a chi energy flow which envelopes the engine, the transmission and suspension, and acts like a quantum flux force field, with warp problem transport mechanism.

So this does not allow any problem to come, and any problem which comes, gets transported through a space-time warp to a parallel universe, so end result is "no problem"

I am told, when you take an indica, and stick a Toyota sticker, the field gets activated, and the Japanese chi field protects it from all problems. That is the reason you will see so many cabs with Toyota and Honda stickers, even though they are Indica.

If you are looking at the Renault Pulse, make sure you take a nissan stickers and put it anywhere.
Even though its the same car is Micra, it won't be as reliable as its not protected by the Japanese Chi field.
For sure there is a lot of Quantun space science in there. Never knew the french did so much R & D in their cars. How wrong i was to think that they let the Italians do all the work and simply decide to have a Renault Van that is exactly similar to the Ivaco van and the Seat van and not to be left behind Citroen had the same van too but at buy 1 get 1 free ! Yes Sir it was a 1+1 offer from Citroen, they actualy did this ad!

In the same light I am looking for an explaination that why do autorickshaws ' Maruti Vans, tempos, Gios, Magic and santros of Delhi sport yellow Ferrari stickers on them ? What galatical energy shield deflection effects does this have ?

Also in Delhi some voodoo stuff going on with a couple of Tiger paw imprints, now where is this errant tiger leaving its pug marks on cars ?
Old 12th July 2013, 14:40   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Since you've shortlisted 4 and your requirements are pretty clear, one of them being that the car will be primarily driven on the highways, I would go for the VW Polo if I were you. Tank like built. Very stable on the highways and fulfills almost all of your requirements. With the other three you will have to make some compromises.
Actually it will be primarily used in the city - Cedia will be used for highway runs. Although i may use the hatch a couple of times in a year for highway runs. I am tending right now towards the i20 - Polo is perfect except that dead engine :(
Old 12th July 2013, 16:09   #438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Actually it will be primarily used in the city - Cedia will be used for highway runs. Although i may use the hatch a couple of times in a year for highway runs. I am tending right now towards the i20 - Polo is perfect except that dead engine :(
Out of the 4 you've shortlisted and if to be used mainly in the city, then I recommend the i20 too! We've got one and it's the perfect commuter car with equipment levels exceeding one's requirements. The super light steering is actually a boon and with the automatic climate control setup and bluetooth and audio controls on the wheel will mean you won't have to take your hands off it. With its mediocre pickup from standstill, it does feel a little sluggish but once you get to decent speeds it just potters around without any complains. FE in the city is around 11-13 kmpl assuming you drive with a light foot.

Last edited by 9thsphinx : 12th July 2013 at 16:15.
9thsphinx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2013, 17:51   #439
BHPian

@9thsphinx.
+1 on that. I agree with you.

As an i20 owner, I feel that its still one of the best hatchbacks one can look for. The equipment levels too are fantastic. But, when it comes to driving dynamics it lacks behind especially the petrol i20 (Yes, I have the petrol one). The performance is just about adequate. The handling, suspension and the super light steering being the only fly in the ointment.

The i20 was never built to be a driver's car. It doesn't like to be driven enthusiastically. But when u drive it with a light foot and with a little bit of care, you will enjoy it the most!
GreyAsta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 18:14   #440
BHPian

New hatchback below 6L OTR

I am now in the market for a new hatchback. I am currently driving a 2003 Indica DLS. I purchased it second hand in 2006 when it had 30 K on the meter and since then I have added another 80 odd kilometres to it. The car has been giving good service with very few complaints and no breakdowns. But as of late the visits to the garage have increased and so I want to look for a new car.

Since my 5'11 largish frame has been accustomed to the Indica, space is a major criteria. Daily running is not more than say 30-35 km. Safety is a must and airbags will be given preference.

We are swaying between petrol, diesel and cng. CNG is a good option but when I see the long waiting lines at the filling stations, I want to think twice. As far as budget is concerned, somewhere around 6L OTR in Pune. We have thought about Indica eV2, Vista from the Tata stable and Ritz, Swift and WagonR from Maruti.

What do you guys think ? Please help me decide since we are planning to make the purchase in a month's time.
Old 26th July 2013, 09:09   #441
Senior - BHPian

Re: New hatchback below 6L OTR

@luvdriving

Looking at your monthly running and the specific space reqmt, I would suggest stick to the Maruti Tall boy cars i.e Wagon R or Ritz. there are some fantastic discounts being available on the Maruti petrol cars and I guess you are int he market at the right time. Plus in future also it you plan to add CNG it will be economical as Maurti cars are CNG mod friendly too.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2013, 09:46   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvDriving View Post
Since my 5'11 largish frame has been accustomed to the Indica, space is a major criteria. Daily running is not more than say 30-35 km. Safety is a must and airbags will be given preference.

We are swaying between petrol, diesel and cng. CNG is a good option but when I see the long waiting lines at the filling stations, I want to think twice. As far as budget is concerned, somewhere around 6L OTR in Pune. We have thought about Indica eV2, Vista from the Tata stable and Ritz, Swift and WagonR from Maruti.

What do you guys think ? Please help me decide since we are planning to make the purchase in a month's time.
You're running doesn't warrant a diesel or CNG,I'd say stick to petrol and enjoy the car.
From the choices you've laid out,only the Ritz suits your requirements as Tata petrols aren't the greatest.Also,as you have given safety preference the Swift ZXi might be out of your budget.
There are other manufacturers' cars like the Micra and Figo which would also be good if you're willing to look at them.

I would recommend you to wait a couple months if you can as there are a lot of new launches that are going to happen in this space.There is the new i10,WagonR Stingray and maybe a new Vista
Marauder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2013, 10:29   #443
Senior - BHPian

Your driving is 80k/7 years = almost 12k per year. I'd say you can surely consider diesel. This is because when you go for selling, as the price difference between petrol and diesel will be there, you are bound to get a higher price.

WagonR CNG tank eats up all the boot space. You can't keep even a small bag in it. For any storage, only the top rack (to be fitted) is an option. Consider this as well. Also is CNG availability good in Pune? My Mumbai friend had to wait 1 hour at the Kothrud CNG station for filling up his WagonR for return trip to Mumbai. For diesels, you will never face this problem.

After Indica, WagonR will feel small, because Indica has large space inside, especially the back bench. None of the Maruti's will have such long back bench. Also, it's engine is 1L vs indica's 1.2L (?).

However, I feel you should consider Ritz. The new version is nice. New Ritz diesel can come under 6L.

Chevy Sail UVA is specious too, you may want to check that.

Seeing how you have kept your car for 7 years, I will suggest Ritz, as the present version is new in market.

Last edited by ani_meher : 26th July 2013 at 10:31.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2013, 11:42   #444
Senior - BHPian

Micra Active. Great Value for Money proposition. Plus good reliability.
2000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2013, 13:08   #445
BHPian

If you have slight flexibility in the budget, I suggest go for Swift. Absolutely value for money and very good on all fronts. Space is very good in the front for large sized drivers. The rear space if you compare with the other hatchbacks, is good. Spares and servicing are no issues as this is a Maruti. Its quiet rugged and powerful, capable of carrying entire family through ghat sections as well as highways without second thought. Most importantly, very good resale value. Going by the current discount spree by the manufacturer, check it out how much you can get it down by haggling.
Old 26th July 2013, 13:21   #446
BHPian

Thank you everyone !

The consensus so far seems to be to go for Ritz or Swift. I am interested in the Swift diesel. I have also driven the Ritz (Petrol) owned by a friend from Pune to Nashik and back. I found it to be a good, responsive engine.

The thing is wifey does not like the looks of Ritz. Also since we are used to the space, we are treading warily. My Indica has been maintained by a friend of mine whose family business has been operating a garage for the Fiat Padmini / 118NE and later on included maruti and tata cars too.

One more thing on the budget front - has anyone seen this : http://emifreecar.com/dreams.html ?

I do see some cars (private ones) with advertising stickers on the way to Hinjewadi.

We have planned to go for test drives this weekend. Once we get an idea then we can form more concrete opinions. Another thing is that this car is going to remain with the family for a long time hence careful thought. Dzire is another car which had caught my fancy but now with Amaze in the market I will give a thought to that too.
Old 26th July 2013, 14:35   #447
Senior - BHPian

Since you have been used to the space and have no issues with buying a Tata, shall I suggest the Indica Vista?

The only think Vista and old Indica share is the name - otherwise, it is totally a new car.

It is very spacious, uses the national diesel engine and offers a comfortable ride. Since you already know a garage who works on Tatas, I think you are well covered on that front, if you need to look for a service center outside TASS.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2013, 14:54   #448
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
One more thing on the budget front - has anyone seen this : http://emifreecar.com/dreams.html ?

I do see some cars (private ones) with advertising stickers on the way to Hinjewadi.
Related thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ery-month.html

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2013, 15:01   #449
BHPian

Quote:
I am currently driving a 2003 Indica DLS. The car has been giving good service with very few complaints and no breakdowns. But as of late the visits to the garage have increased and so I want to look for a new car.

Since my 5'11 largish frame has been accustomed to the Indica, space is a major criteria. Safety is a must and airbags will be given preference.
@luvDriving :- I was in the exact situation [ 2003 Indica V2 DLS(sold 2013) & Largish Frame among others ] & picked up a VW Vento in Dec 2012.

Beside the 'space', you should also consider the 'under thigh support' & 'suspension setup' requirements from your side.

Sometimes, the Indica gets so addictive that one does not look at other aspects that constitute a vehicle. As it appears you are inclining towards keeping it for a longer term, I would advice you to spend enough time test driving the newer cars. They are way different to the 2003 DLS.

For example - the Naturally Aspirated Engine on the DLS & these days you have Turbo's mostly. The way these engines drive are way different.

Another is the Hydraulic Power Steering on the DLS. Its is Electric & Electronic these days. To reiterate - spend enough time.

If you want inspiration, you could check my thread. Spent 2 yrs test driving.
My eventual choice might not match with yours as my requirement was a Sedan. Link.

My guess on which car you might pick (In Diesels):- Liva, Vista, Ritz, Micra (in that order) (Only based on the fact that you like the Indica very much.).

I am novice when it comes to Petrol cars.

Cheers & All the Best !

Last edited by DieselDon : 26th July 2013 at 15:06.
DieselDon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2013, 18:34   #450
BHPian

I would suggest to stick to diesel. After the Indica, the petrol prices would pinch you. Also, cars like Wagon R would feel a serious downgrade in terms of space. Do check out the Figo Titanium. It is a well balanced package at a great price. Even I replaced a 2003 Indica DLS to a Figo in 2010. I am 5.11 tall with large frame and I don't find any issues in fitting inside. The boot space, handling is among the best in the segment. Also, the vista quadrajet would be a good alternate choice. TATA has Initiated several steps for improving the service. So the service should not be a major concern now.

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 26th July 2013 at 18:37.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks