Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2013, 21:43   #571
BHPian

Re: The Ultimate B2-Segment Hatchbacks Comparison!

uthra, Welcome to T-BHP. Just for a change, why don't you TD the Nissan Micra Active XV Safety Pack? It's the High End model and is priced 4.71 Lakhs with complete package including ABS, 2 Airbags, Music System and other goodies. And the Mileage is 19.49 which could be great advantage for the city drivers like you.
Wildy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2013, 17:12   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I am in the market to replace my 100000 kms covered Ritz VDi. Had short listed the Swift ZDi; Ritz ZDi and Liva D. Ruled out the Liva for it's interiors, Ritz was ruled out as I don't want a repeat. So my choice now is the Swift ZDi and this is what I am buying. Anurag.
Downgrading from a smarty Ritz to piggy lookalike Switz? Isnt Swift and Figo two ugliest hatch on Indian Roads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uthra View Post
i would not touch the company with a bargepole wrt service.
You call overcrowded, and no personal attention MASS as quality service.
The companies you consider providing barge pole service, just ask the owners how many times they need to take their vehicles to service centres and cost of actual ownership.
Just TD a Brio before taking a call whether its comparable to good old waggy or upgrade, I am sure you will change your opinion. Amongst the B2 hatch I will rate Europeans way ahead of Asians except Brio and Micra (I dont consider Nissan as Asian anymore). My 2 cent advice is TD top end Micra / Pulse , Polo and Brio before taking a final call.
( and in case you are adventurous type, TD Punto as well in their newly set up Fiat Caffe's and just ask them about their service schedule and warranty terms )
Old 7th September 2013, 17:37   #573
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhare View Post
Downgrading from a smarty Ritz to piggy lookalike Switz? Isnt Swift and Figo two ugliest hatch on Indian Roads?
Piggy!

Now that is the worst comment I have heard for the Swift.

I wont comment further as looks are subjective and a strong final opinion can't be brought to so it is to each of his own.

I feel the Swift is better than the Ritz in looks and features (the ZDi) and no other comes close to the Swift and MASS.

Quote:
I rate as MASS the best. Let it be troubleshooting or any sales, after sales problem. No one in India can beat their service by miles.

Yes they are overcrowded due to the name they have created for themselves and so people go for them. But till date in my life I have never heard any complaint from my dad for MASS.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 7th September 2013 at 17:40.
Old 7th September 2013, 17:45   #574
BHPian

Well, Like good old Molly Hatchet Southern Rock song, One man's pleasure is another man's pain. So, it's all depends on one's tastes. However, decide the best that you think according to your tastes and budget and take a ride. Always, the buyer is the best.
Wildy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2013, 14:24   #575
BHPian

[quote=rkhare;3230924]Downgrading from a smarty Ritz to piggy lookalike Switz? Isnt Swift and Figo two ugliest hatch on Indian Roads?

Smarty ritz and ugly swift? I have heard a lot of thuings about swift but "ugly" sure isn't one of them!!! As for Ritz, smart isnt exactly the word I think of when I look at it!

Quote:

I rate as MASS the best. Let it be troubleshooting or any sales, after sales problem. No one in India can beat their service by miles.

Anurag.
I second Anurag. MASS is crowded, but not over-crowded. That's understandable, since maruti has a lot more cars out on the roads than anyone else! And I haven't had any complaints from them all these years. Neither have I heard anyone else complain.

Quote:
The companies you consider providing barge pole service, just ask the owners how many times they need to take their vehicles to service centres and cost of actual ownership.
Just TD a Brio before taking a call whether its comparable to good old waggy or upgrade, I am sure you will change your opinion. Amongst the B2 hatch I will rate Europeans way ahead of Asians except Brio and Micra (I dont consider Nissan as Asian anymore). My 2 cent advice is TD top end Micra / Pulse , Polo and Brio before taking a final call.
( and in case you are adventurous type, TD Punto as well in their newly set up Fiat Caffe's and just ask them about their service schedule and warranty terms )
I was talking about GM...and I have an owner at home (my husband drives a UVA) so I know exactly how "brilliant" their service is or how often the car needs to go to the service centre, what is the cost of ownership etc etc, as you pointed out. And it sure doesnt beat MASS.
Brio...I already explained was in terms of the size. Driving is definitely better (have driven a friend's) but definitely not an upgrade either way. The Europeans may be fine but for India, the Asians do pretty well (Indians, Japanese, Korean...). And not to forget, the top end of Polo and Punto go way out of the league of the other makes -- and only give extra power on the roads. Which is something anyone would love to have, except that we don't have teh roads to put the power to best use!
Old 9th September 2013, 17:24   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildy View Post
uthra, Welcome to T-BHP. Just for a change, why don't you TD the Nissan Micra Active XV Safety Pack? It's the High End model and is priced 4.71 Lakhs with complete package including ABS, 2 Airbags, Music System and other goodies. And the Mileage is 19.49 which could be great advantage for the city drivers like you.
How does the Micra Active compare to the new model or the Renault Pulse ?. Am considering these cars and also the Etios Liva & Polo. Any actual owner feedback ?.
Old 9th September 2013, 18:15   #577
BANNED

Quote:
I second Anurag. MASS is crowded, but not over-crowded. That's understandable, since Maruti has a lot more cars out on the roads than anyone else! And I haven't had any complaints from them all these years. Neither have I heard anyone else complain.
I would say Maruti, Hyundai and Toyota have the largest vehicular population.

What I feel is the worst is with Toyota as compared with the other two. Toyota has only three dealers and ASC's for the whole of Hyderabad, so imagine the crowds there. But never I have heard a complaint from toyota owners. The best reliable car and ownership experience I say.

Quote:
I was talking about GM...and I have an owner at home (my husband drives a UVA) so I know exactly how "brilliant" their service is or how often the car needs to go to the service centre, what is the cost of ownership etc etc, as you pointed out. And it sure doesnt beat MASS.
+1

Anurag.
Old 10th September 2013, 09:02   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivriti View Post

How does the Micra Active compare to the new model or the Renault Pulse ?. Am considering these cars and also the Etios Liva & Polo. Any actual owner feedback ?.
Both engines are same except Micra Active has a little lower bhp. Apart from that, size and performance wise micra active and pulse are almost identical. But active is really a true value for our money and can be easily handled in city traffic. Moreover it got nice looks and good space and boot too. You may go for top model which cost you lesser than many basic models. I didn't like Liva for it's taxi kind of interiors. Polo is great looker if you got good money but my vote goes for micra active. All the best.

Last edited by Wildy : 10th September 2013 at 09:04.
Old 10th September 2013, 17:42   #579
BHPian

Hi everyone, between an i10 grand petrol magna and ford figo exi diesel which one is a better choice? Current running doesnt really warrant diesel, however with some good discounts the ford is really tempting. Please advice
Old 10th September 2013, 18:49   #580
BHPian

ok, so now, the plans have changed a bit. My folks no longer want the Wagon R (they have decided it isn't worth getting worried about it and maintaining when they can hire a taxi for the rare times they need to drive off far) and I have decided to look at selling it off. I have received different valuations at three Maruti True value dealers (70k, 80k and 90k respectively), besides the 20k exchange bonus. Is it worth it? Or should I try and sell it off myself? I don't expect more than 1.25 in the open market, which would be about 15k more than the best offer. What say, experts?
also, the waiting time for my chosen colors at this particular dealer (DD Motors, Maya Puri) is 15 days and one month respectively. only thing is, it is quite a distance from my residence (I decided to check up with them simply because my Waggie was brought there). Suggestions please!
Old 10th September 2013, 19:35   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiler View Post
Hi everyone, between an i10 grand petrol magna and ford figo exi diesel which one is a better choice? Current running doesnt really warrant diesel, however with some good discounts the ford is really tempting. Please advice
Figo would be more appropriate. But, I would recommend Titanium diesel instead of ZXI. The difference is less than 50,000. But you would get 2 Airbags, ABS+EBD, Alloy Wheels, Driver Seat Height adjustment, Electrically Adjustable ORVMs, Rear Wiper, Fog Lamps etc. Isn't that a damn good deal for less than Rs. 50,000 more?
Old 10th September 2013, 19:39   #582
BHPian

May be this is already answered in previous posts, looking to buy a Swift or i20 for my parents. This will be driven by my driver bhai. I personally like the Swift, but parents seem to like the i20 better.
Are there any other cars I should look out for?
Trying to keep the budget in 5-6L range
Old 10th September 2013, 20:07   #583
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiler View Post
I would say the Ford Figo. Please go for the Top End Titanium variant.

Since you get good discounts then choose the Ford.

Quote:
ok, so now, the plans have changed a bit. My folks no longer want the Wagon R (they have decided it isn't worth getting worried about it and maintaining when they can hire a taxi for the rare times they need to drive off far) and I have decided to look at selling it off. I have received different valuations at three Maruti True value dealers (70k, 80k and 90k respectively), besides the 20k exchange bonus. Is it worth it? Or should I try and sell it off myself? I don't expect more than 1.25 in the open market, which would be about 15k more than the best offer. What say, experts?
also, the waiting time for my chosen colors at this particular dealer (DD Motors, Maya Puri) is 15 days and one month respectively. only thing is, it is quite a distance from my residence (I decided to check up with them simply because my Waggie was brought there). Suggestions please!
Why don't you try getting a quote from outside. If the prices you get is better than the three True Values guys then sell if off outside else sell it Maruti.

Look for convenience also while selling and buying a new car as you should not get a headache with the travel latter on. Which car have you chosen and which colour that has a such a long waiting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraft.wagen View Post
Are there any other cars I should look out for?
Trying to keep the budget in 5-6L range
Petrol or Diesel bhai?

I would say the Swift first but would suggest you the Figo too. The titanium model rocks and is in your budget too (may be you'll have to stretch a little bit for the Figo).

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 20:20   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Petrol or Diesel bhai?

I would say the Swift first but would suggest you the Figo too. The titanium model rocks and is in your budget too (may be you'll have to stretch a little bit for the Figo).

Anurag.
Oops forgot to mention that.. Petrol
Old 10th September 2013, 20:23   #585
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraft.wagen View Post
Oops forgot to mention that.. Petrol
1)Ford Figo
2)Swift VXi
3)Honda Brio.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks