Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2017, 08:23   #421
BHPian

Re: Hatchback options with Automatic Transmission

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
^ obviously Tsi is a turbo charged vehicle, so it has more torque

Ignis is AMT, not MT, unless you were referring to the same.
That is absolutely correct

We have taken the delivery of the same and already done 1000 km. Going pretty smooth so far. Gear transmission is good and the 5th gear gives a comfortable ride quality even at high speeds.

Just one thing though - the steering while being very light, gives absolutely no feedback. So its a problem on sharp turns, etc.
Old 4th November 2017, 13:34   #422
BHPian

Cross posting the link to my dilemma / question from the other thread. I apologize if this is against the rules.

Click Here
Old 16th November 2017, 16:40   #423
Team-BHP Support

Autocar Top Fives: Mid-size petrol automatic hatchbacks
https://www.autocarindia.com/auto-fe...chbacks-406572

Hyundai Grand i10 - 8/10
Suzuki Ignis - 8/10
Honda Brio - 7/10
Ford Figo - 7/10
Nissan Micra - 7/10

The list is not very helpful though, with only 2 line review for each car and all of them rated 7 or 8 out of 10
Old 28th March 2018, 21:32   #424
BHPian

Plan is to buy a Automatic.

Hatch or bigger is confusion.

Have a Vento Diesel which is into 7th year - may be itch is for real.

Should I get hatch and Keep Vento or sell Vento for what it's worth and buy a bigger Automatic.

If I keep Vento - then auto hatch less than 10 Lkhs is an option. Don't see anything exciting - probably will go with Baleno.

If I sell Vento - Could be looking at Creta or XUV too

Bouncing this off to get inputs & ideas to help me decide. What would you do if you were in my shoes.

Confused to max.

Appreciate your inputs
Old 29th March 2018, 11:42   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand_hc View Post

Have a Vento Diesel which is into 7th year - may be itch is for real.

Should I get hatch and Keep Vento or sell Vento for what it's worth and buy a bigger Automatic.

If I keep Vento - then auto hatch less than 10 Lkhs is an option. Don't see anything exciting - probably will go with Baleno.

If I sell Vento - Could be looking at Creta or XUV too

Bouncing this off to get inputs & ideas to help me decide. What would you do if you were in my shoes.

Confused to max.

Appreciate your inputs

We recently went through the same decision dilema and eventually bought the Creta AT . Honestly a 7 seater is only needed is you really need the extra seating . We have a ertiga at home too which seemed very agile until the creta came in . I prefer taking the creta out even for small errands and now the ertiga just sits doing nothing . While the Ertiga is easy to park and even easy to drive around in heavy traffic . the Creta even though a pseudo SUV with the ease of AT is more than what we could have asked for . XUV / HEXA is really a matter of want than need . We all WANT a HEXA or XUV but what we really need is a small size CRETA .

Just for your reference we are a small family of 3 , me wife and a 2 year old daughter who like jumping around all over the car . And most of the times we have our 3 dogs for company , 2 dachshunds who share the backseat with my daughter and all of them fit in pretty well .

We always had the Ertiga because we thought the Ertiga would just provide some extra space when the dogs and daughter needed their space .
gautamkhadse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 14:23   #426
Senior - BHPian

Time has come for a new car from mom. Hatchback and automatic are the two staple requirements. Beyond that, the car will also occasionally be used by my father as he is getting to the age where a small automatic would best suit his driving style. Everything from Tiago AMT to Micra CVT to Polo GT tsi is being considered.

Now obviously, it would be awesome if the resident car enthusiast (me) is able to approve of the car. I personally love small hatchbacks, but love them in manual guise. If you put a gun to my head I'd have to choose the Polo GT tsi but my only issue with that is Dad may not find it very comfortable for his heavy build. Can Polo owners comment on this? Is the car comfortable for heavier folks? I am 6ft tall and have issues with my left leg scraping the center console. Dad does not have my height issues but heft would come into question again. Secondly, would it be wise to wait for the new Polo? Either buy that or existing one at good discounts?

Any news on whether one can expect an automatic Punto? Fiat's pricing, ride comfort and build would make me recommend it blindly.
Old 29th March 2018, 14:38   #427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
choose the Polo GT tsi but my only issue with that is Dad may not find it very comfortable for his heavy build. Can Polo owners comment on this? Is the car comfortable for heavier folks?
You can also check out the Jazz if space and comfort is a priority. Has good amounts of space all around, though it will distinctly duller to drive than the Polo.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 15:00   #428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
You can also check out the Jazz if space and comfort is a priority. Has good amounts of space all around, though it will distinctly duller to drive than the Polo.
Not interested in an exciting driving experience as such, but good build quality is a must in order for the car to withstand years of abuse. This car will become the smallest car in our family and typically that would mean less attention and care given to it in terms of driving. Expecting a good workhorse over here and the build of the small Hondas, Marutis and even the new Figo, doesn't feel like it would last years. We are not a family that replaces their cars every 3 years or anything like that we expect to buy a small car that will be used till its last breath.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 15:09   #429
Senior - BHPian

The build quality may seem light, the track record of Honda and VAG cars suggest the Jazz will comfortably outlast the GT TSi. The after sales, reliability and low cost of maintenance is an added advantage.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 16:13   #430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The build quality may seem light, the track record of Honda and VAG cars suggest the Jazz will comfortably outlast the GT TSi. The after sales, reliability and low cost of maintenance is an added advantage.
I am talking from personal experience. No doubt the reliability of a Japanese car is not gonna be questioned. BUT I do not expect the monocoque chassis of the Jazz or the Ignis or the Swift to last let's say a decade and 2 lakh kms of abuse. If the Jazz were made like the older one or the Civic or if the Swift was made like the S-Cross or Kizashi, I would definitely go for them but as of now the only Japanese hatchback that seems sturdy enough to withstand 10 years of abuse to me, is the Micra.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 29th March 2018 at 16:15.
IshaanIan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 16:46   #431
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ The Micra is a good starting point.

You can also check the Wagon-R AMT. I've driven the car extensively and can vouch for its senior citizen friendly features. It is a no nonsense car.
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 17:19   #432
Senior - BHPian

The Micra is an excellent car no doubt, and I was very close to buying one. But can the same be said about the company ?
sajo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 17:41   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
You can also check the Wagon-R AMT.
We already have a WagonR which has been with us since 2004 it is a no nonsense car for sure and has served us very well. Just looking for something more well built and safe this time.

Quote:
The Micra is an excellent car no doubt, and I was very close to buying one. But can the same be said about the company ?
Exactly the dilemma I am going through. The Polo is in my opinion a bit on the expensive side considering Mom is probably not going to appreciate the DSG and extra power and also considering that it is a very old car with near useless amounts of interior space, and the Micra loses a bit of its inherent Japanese charm when you see how Nissan has been operating in our country. Right now Tiago XZA AMT is the top contender but the drive-train package leaves a lot to be desired. Hoping VW launches the new Polo in India sometime soon then maybe we could go for that (if the upgrades are found to be worth it) or benefit from a discounted price on the current Polo.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 18:08   #434
Senior - BHPian

How about the Ecosport Trend+ AT ? I guess it would be in the same ballpark figure of the Polo TSi, infact it is slightly cheaper OTR in Pune, as per carwale. That is also nearly a hatch, you sit high up and space would not be as much of a concern as it is in Polo.
sajo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 01:32   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand_hc View Post

Have a Vento Diesel which is into 7th year - may be itch is for real
It makes perfect sense to buy a smaller automatic for your city commute.
The Baleno as you stated is a good choice.
Having 2 cars can give you great flexibility.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks