Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2022, 13:19   #841
BHPian

Re: Honda India : The Way Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
On objective differences for the top end[list][*]

Like I have suggested in other threads, if its mid Model; City V is better value than the Slavia Ambition (1.5 L difference). If its top end (ZX and Style - close to 70k difference onroad), one should decide based on the above features depending on individual priorities on feature weightage. Not to forget which engine suits which buyer.
Can you please confirm how did you get a difference of 70K on ZX and Style ?

I am also in Mumbai and in the same conundrum right now. Slavia 1.5 TSI MT I was given a quote of 19 L and ZX MT was quoted at 16.5 L, thats a whopping difference of 2.5 L.

Regards
Dieseltuned
Old 29th March 2022, 15:31   #842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
Can you please confirm how did you get a difference of 70K on ZX and Style ?

I am also in Mumbai and in the same conundrum right now. Slavia 1.5 TSI MT I was given a quote of 19 L and ZX MT was quoted at 16.5 L, thats a whopping difference of 2.5 L.
I was comparing the City with 1.0 Slavia which is more like to like. 1.5 Slavia is in a different category with no apple to apple sedan competitor.
Old 29th March 2022, 17:16   #843
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda City Hybrid launch on April 14th.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 20:48   #844
Distinguished - BHPian

With the New Chief at Honda, Product India plans are renewed.

- Honda said it is going to launch its first mass-market electric hybrid in India with the Honda City e:HEV in May.

- Honda to drive-in India focused SUV in 2023.

- No plans to launch a full-fledged battery electric vehicle (BEV) in India at the moment.

Takuya Tsumura, President & CEO, Honda Cars India :

Quote:
We don’t have an SUV line-up in India at present. Not only here, but globally the SUV market is growing. We will launch an SUV in India next year, that’s our plan now
Quote:
We are in the development stage right now. We are sure that the SUV will meet customers’ expectations
Quote:
The new SUV is being developed mainly for India, considering factors such as price sensitivity of buyers, design and size preferences, and affordability needs
Quote:
in India, we will start by reinforcing the City brand with the launch of the e:HEV. In the future, we may consider many other alternative (technologies) in our product line-up, but as a first step, we are launching an hybrid with a mainstream model which will be locally produced in India from next month

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 14th April 2022 at 20:57.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 06:44   #845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
With the New Chief at Honda, Product India plans are renewed.
- Honda to drive-in India focused SUV in 2023.
Good decision by Honda, but whenever any company says “tailor made for India” it screams severe cost cutting measures. I will be happy to be proven wrong if Honda manages to bring in a winner.
rakesh_r is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 08:09   #846
Senior - BHPian

All future Indian Hondas will get Honda Sensing safety assist technologies.

Source: City Hybrid unveil (6:06).

Quote:
Honda aims to introduce Honda Sensing technology in all future model launches in India.

Last edited by ron178 : 15th April 2022 at 08:29.
Old 18th April 2022, 18:19   #847
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda Jazz likely to follow Volkswagen's Polo, as the hatch is rumoured to be axed in 2023.
There will be no replacement of the hatchback in the product portfolio as the company will focus on its upcoming Hybrid SUV.

Name:  1.JPG
Views: 671
Size:  86.6 KB
Old 2nd May 2022, 11:47   #848
Senior - BHPian

Honda Cars India sold 7,874 cars in April 2022, 13% down compared to April 2021.

Name:  20220502_114528.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  64.5 KB

Link
Old 19th May 2022, 10:58   #849
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda's current WR-V to be replaced in 2023.

Honda compact SUV coming next year, midsize SUV (Creta rival) by 2024.

Honda’s two all-new SUVs being developed on Amaze platform; Compact SUV to replace WR-V, midsize SUV to take on Creta.

Link (Honda readying two new SUVs for India - A Creta rival & a sub-4m SUV)
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 13:22   #850
BHPian

And then in 6 months we'll see the news "Honda drops plan to launch compact SUVs based on Amaze platforms and will now concentrate on EVs instead"

I've given up after Honda suddenly axes Civic, CRV and even the HRV plans. All promising and aspirational cars for current C segment owners down the drain in one fell swoop.

Now I'll only believe it when I see these supposed new SUVs in the showrooms. Past and disappointed owner of Honda Prelude, OHC, Civic & ANHC here.
reppy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 10:21   #851
Senior - BHPian

Two more senior executives quit Honda Cars India

Quote:
Ashish Kaul, head of sales and network development, HCIL, and Nishith Agarwal, General Manager- IT Strategy, System Planning & Development, HCIL, are the latest to resign from Honda Cars India.
Source
Old 15th July 2022, 13:46   #852
BHPian

Someone please change the thread title from "Way Forward" to "Backward".
This thread started in 2011 and now it's 2022. I do not see Honda going forward.

Jokes apart, Honda is really struggling globally. I was big fan of Honda machines once upon a time and now all competitors are offering much better engines and technology. Honda did make smart move to bring full hybrid to City, but without SUV's in showroom it's losing the market.

Hope they bring some game changing SUV's into our market and people like us will be definitely interested to invest our money.
GRAND23 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 13:58   #853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Two more senior executives quit Honda Cars India
Source
Great news ! All people considered as seniors should leave Honda, so that some new team might join and they will decide the strategy for Honda India. I really wonder how come the existing management fail to catch the pulse of current generation Indian customers. Honda has not launched any worthy product in the last decade, excluding City Hybrid.
Old 15th July 2022, 14:02   #854
BHPian

It could be a sign of impending closure of Honda India too. Apart from Honda City and Amaze, they have no performing models in India.

Last edited by fawad0222 : 15th July 2022 at 14:05.
fawad0222 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 14:19   #855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
Great news ! All people considered as seniors should leave Honda, so that some new team might join and they will decide the strategy for Honda India. I really wonder how come the existing management fail to catch the pulse of current generation Indian customers. Honda has not launched any worthy product in the last decade, excluding City Hybrid.
Unless Honda decides what it should do; no "team" will be able to help. With products being reduced and existing products except City not getting a "market oriented refresh" and no new products coming in. WR-V missing out on the CVT. Basically the Head of Honda has been sleeping for a very long time, if and when he wakes up from his slumber all he does is bring in prohibitively priced CBU's which market just isn't interested. CR-V, Civic could have done well but the company killed it with pricing, engine and transmission options. Present Jazz must have been deleted long ago, instead it still is around. They could have brought the new Jazz, they can price their products competitively.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks