Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2012, 11:35   #76
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i20 Face-Lift (2012) Spotted for the first time in India on Pg. 2

Guys,any idea how extensive this facelift is going to be??Are they going to redesign/rectify the steering rattle problem for good atleast this time?

Last edited by KINI : 11th February 2012 at 11:36. Reason: Grammatical error
Old 11th February 2012, 22:59   #77
rmk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINI View Post
Guys,any idea how extensive this facelift is going to be??Are they going to redesign/rectify the steering rattle problem for good atleast this time?
No idea bro. The pics show that there is not much change to the interiors. But there is a posiibilty that they'l add cruise control this time. A premium hatch like i20 deserves it. If so, the steering assembly will be redesigned. Extensive mule runnings hints the same. Also they seem to have worked on the suspension. The mule has 15inchers and still the wheel is so fit in the arch. They mightve tightened the suspension.

Well. Are you planning to buy an i20 or any diesel??
rmk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2012, 23:06   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmk

No idea bro. The pics show that there is not much change to the interiors.

Well. Are you planning to buy an i20 or any diesel??
Well we might be in the market for a premium hatch or a C segment sedan soon.And yeah the facelifted i20 could be one of the contenders, if they can solve the rattles problem and stiffen up the suspension!!
Old 12th February 2012, 07:07   #79
BHPian

Re: New Hyundai i20 Face Lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakthi350 View Post
Hi Foks ,

I Think this should be the upcoming face lifted i20.This car was launched some time back in Europe.

Source= Hyundai's EU Website : http://www.hyundai.com/eu/en/Showroo...228120205.html.

Mod team note: Please use Search before opening a new thread, Thanks.
i dont think so, They have the current i20 in the lineup, this looks smaller version of it.
Old 12th February 2012, 15:24   #80
BHPian

Just came back from one of the Hyundai showroom. Person in showroom mentioned that there is chances of new face lifted i20 coming out in March / April. However they are still taking the bookings.

He also mentioned that once launched, new version might have waiting of 4-6 months (not sure but this could definately be a trick to get booking done earlier and clear existing stock).
Old 12th February 2012, 17:06   #81
rmk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1amit View Post
Just came back from one of the Hyundai showroom. Person in showroom mentioned that there is chances of new face lifted i20 coming out in March / April. However they are still taking the bookings.

He also mentioned that once launched, new version might have waiting of 4-6 months (not sure but this could definately be a trick to get booking done earlier and clear existing stock).
No way. Its just one of their dirty tricks. I'l tell you what happened to me when i went to book the car yesterday.

Ive bargaining on my deal to apco and ktc hyundai , calicut for almost a week. Atlast both of them offered me cars at @7.65l onroad (hyundai increased the prices by rs 10000 this feb ). So it was a sweet deal. And also KTC had offered me seatcovers. So me and my father went to KTC, paid the amount Rs50000/ and was waiting for the receipt. And then we were talking and i insisted on taking insurance from outside and their faces turned .
Then after sometime , he gave a total quote of Rs. 7.8L. There was a column others-10000/.

I asked what that others is for. He said "procedure" and accesories. I got angry and asked, why the hell should i pay him rs 10000 for his poor seatcovers when i can get good aftermarket ones. He said ok, but was saying that the amount is Rs. 7.78L even if i take or give up seat covers.

It was so evident that it was some undertable dealing. And also when i asked him to show the car, he refused saying that outsiders will not be allowed in yard. I said him that i had visited ktc's yard three times last year, he said rules were changed after some customer caused a scratch or something.

I got sick. 10 min after the paying the advance, we cancelled it. Went straight to Apco, and fortunately that one last piece was in the yard. Booked it. Happy haapy
Old 13th February 2012, 18:07   #82
BHPian

Guys, any updates on the facelift? I might end up booking an i20/punto within a week or two, was wondering if i should wait for the formal facelift announcement or go ahead with the booking. Can I hold the booking for the new model (if it gets launched) if I am allotted a car before the launch?
Old 14th February 2012, 10:25   #83
rmk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
Guys, any updates on the facelift? I might end up booking an i20/punto within a week or two, was wondering if i should wait for the formal facelift announcement or go ahead with the booking. Can I hold the booking for the new model (if it gets launched) if I am allotted a car before the launch?
Answers : the new model will be launched in the geneva motor show (along with the new i30 and fluidic santafe).And yes, you can reject the old one and buy the new one, if you have not registered the vehicle(TR).

Are you planning for diesel or petrol?
Old 14th February 2012, 20:59   #84
Senior - BHPian

Things I expect in the updated i20:

Stiffer suspension
reduced turbo lag in U2 1.4
VVT in 1.2 and decent engine caliberation
Elimination of dreadful steering mechanism design
Elimination of crappy AC unit and improvement in AC vent design which is so 80s
15" wheels
Improvement in rear comfort.

Big wishlist, eh? Because the whole i20 is such a flawed car now.
sidindica is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2012, 22:20   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Sid, though I quite agree to some of the points mentioned in your wishlist, the above comment is not acceptable at all. Please do not think that I am trying to find fault with you, but this generalized statement about the i20 is unwarranted. More than 7000 customers every month won't be plonking in their hard-earned money in this car if it is so flawed. Yeah, there are issues, as pointed out by many i20 owners in this forum, but that's just a sample out of many thousands running on the road. Not one, not two, 5 of my friends own an i20 and every one of them are so happy with the car.

But again, as you mentioned, it would be great if Hyundai resolves the problems that you have mentioned in the i20 Facelift since it has cropped in a lot of cars since its launch.
arvi86 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 08:41   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Elimination of dreadful steering mechanism design
Knowing Hyundai's Ostrich like attitude towards this issue, I seriously doubt whether they have been able to address the issue in the facelift , unless of course they completely re-design the entire steering. system. Many of us how remember how Hyundai chaps were running around claiming they addressed the issue in 2010 and later 2011 models, however it was proven t be lie.

Quote:
Elimination of crappy AC unit and improvement in AC vent design which is so 80s
A friend of mine observed that apart from the weak compressor, the placement and design of the A/C vents may itself be a cause for the lack of proper cooling.

Quote:
Agreed. A car that has a pathetic steering, horrible a/c, poor suspension - if it can't be called flawed, I don't know what else can be.

Another issue in the i20 is a horrible rattle from the front passenger seat. The whole backrest vibrates badly if no one is sitting on it and the car is driven on bad road or if the engine is close to stalling on high gear. One of these days I am going to post a video of the same. These are the long term issues in the car.

How many people actually know of the steering rattle issue? Hardly a fraction of the people who buy the car. In case some unsuspecting customer raises the issue, he ill be told "it is normal". Only if you stand you ground and say that it isn't normal, will they doing the steering rattle fix "dance".

Everytime when I used to take my car to Junagadh for fixing the steering rattle issue, I could see atleast one i20 that came in with steering rattle complaint( on the hydraulic lift , front wheels dismounted, steering rack opened) and that itself tells the story. Here on team-bhp there have been so many complaints. God only knows a how many owners went into HYundai workshops with steering complaints.

Last edited by skanchan95 : 15th February 2012 at 08:56.
Old 15th February 2012, 09:21   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
Another issue in the i20 is a horrible rattle from the front passenger seat. The whole backrest vibrates badly if no one is sitting on it and the car is driven on bad road or if the engine is close to stalling on high gear. One of these days I am going to post a video of the same. These are the long term issues in the car.
Hi skanchan95,
About the front passenger seat rattle, are you sure about it? I also faced this problem (or so I thought). Then I found that it was not the seat, but the seatbelt that was rattling against the B-pillar. Do a check. Buckle the seatbelt (with no passenger) and see if this rattle is present. That will clear up whether its coming from the seatbelt or the seat.
Old 15th February 2012, 09:23   #88
BHPian

Quote:

I think its high time now, that Hyundai should consider a whole new re-design of various integral part of i20.
However going with the past experience of Hyundai, I certainly doubt that all these issues would be addressed properly. We would not be wrong in considering the Korean engineering (particularly i20) to be flawed.
Everyone makes mistakes, but they should be rectified within time.
Old 15th February 2012, 10:02   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Hi skanchan95,
About the front passenger seat rattle, are you sure about it? I also faced this problem (or so I thought). Then I found that it was not the seat, but the seatbelt that was rattling against the B-pillar. Do a check. Buckle the seatbelt (with no passenger) and see if this rattle is present. That will clear up whether its coming from the seatbelt or the seat.
I am 100% sure it isn't from the seatbelt. In fact when the front passenger seat is unoccupied, I make sure that the seatbelt buckle is pushed all the way up so that it doesn't rattle against he B-pillar.

As I posted earlier, I see the backrest vibrating(which is the cause of the rattle). If the backrest is pushed all the way back( in a semi-sleeper position), it doesn't rattle. However, if the backrest is at its normal "seat" position, it rattles. I will post a video of the front passenger seat vibration/ rattle soon. IIRC there were couple of others too who had said they were facing the same issue with the front passenger seat.

Even seen an airliner's wings flex in turbulent weather? That's how the front seat rattle looks like. The only difference is the airliner's wings flex up & down, the car's seat "flexes" black & forth with a irritating rattle sound.
Old 15th February 2012, 10:37   #90
BHPian

Turbo lag and rear seat comfort ?
I don't really thing the crdi engine has got that as a big issue since the lag is very much under control. It is as good or even better than our national multijet engine.
Nor is the rear seat comfort a problem. It is pretty comfortable
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks