Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2011, 13:35   #331
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea - "Did You Know?" Series

Guys, got my Linea FTA MJD home on 23rd. Before writing my ownership experience let me learn more about the car. Couple of doubts which i want to get cleared.

1) When i change songs from USB, it changes to the next file. How do I change the folders?
2) B & M does not recognize my voice commands when i tell it to make a call
3) How should i check the version of B & M?

I do have more doubts coming, will clear it with you guys on later posts.

Thanks for the help.
Old 23rd March 2011, 15:02   #332
BHPian

Forgive me for being too lazy to read the manual, BUT how do you change the L/100km display in the MID to km/lit??
Old 23rd March 2011, 15:09   #333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman7 View Post
Forgive me for being too lazy to read the manual, BUT how do you change the L/100km display in the MID to km/lit??
First of all, I would like you to have a look at the pictures that I've attached in this post.

Access the setting by pressing the 'Menu | ESC' button, which is situated below the driver side A/C vent.

2) Then browse through the options and select 'Units'.
3) Select 'Consumptions'
4) Then select 'km/l'
5) Done!

I guess that I didn't end up confusing you!

Fiat Linea - "Did You Know?" Series-tfi_changing-consumption-units_fiat-punto_fiat-linea.jpg

Fiat Linea - "Did You Know?" Series-dsc01855.jpg
Old 23rd March 2011, 15:22   #334
BHPian

When the ouside temperature is less than 3'celsius the MID shows.
POSSIBLE ICE ON ROAD
Saw this when i had been to Mussorie earlier this year
And one more thing , whenever any bulb of the car stops working a symbol comes up in the instrument panel
and MID shows the error.
In my case the rear right fog lamp had gone bust , so MID showed,
CHECK REAR FOG LIGHT

Last edited by ishlinea7260 : 23rd March 2011 at 15:41.
Old 23rd March 2011, 17:17   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
First of all, I would like you to have a look at the pictures that I've attached in this post.

Access the setting by pressing the 'Menu | ESC' button, which is situated below the driver side A/C vent.

2) Then browse through the options and select 'Units'.
3) Select 'Consumptions'
4) Then select 'km/l'
5) Done!

I guess that I didn't end up confusing you!
More than helpful my friend. Thank you!! Infact right after I put up my earlier query I played with the Menu button. Just didn't know which option to select.

A full blown initial review of the Linea coming up shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
When the ouside temperature is less than 3'celsius the MID shows.
POSSIBLE ICE ON ROAD
Saw this when i had been to Mussorie earlier this year
And one more thing , whenever any bulb of the car stops working a symbol comes up in the instrument panel
and MID shows the error.
In my case the rear right fog lamp had gone bust , so MID showed,
CHECK REAR FOG LIGHT
In my case the front and rear parking lights of the right side went off. Both the bulbs and fuse were ok. The problem was traced to a assembly box below the steering column which needs to be replaced. replacement under warranty to take place in a few days since they didn't have this part.
Old 8th April 2011, 22:39   #336
BHPian

Today after having parked the car briefly at a shop, I got into the car and the ignition key wouldn't turn beyond MAR position. I couldn't figure what was wrong and after a few tries called up Fiat roadside assistance. And this is what I learned today:

Sometimes for security reasons the key gets locked and in such cases one can activate the ignition by turning the steering wheel and the key on opposite directions 'simultaneously'. I turned the wheel to left and ignition to right and 'bingo'; it worked again.
Old 9th April 2011, 00:01   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Drive View Post
Guys, got my Linea FTA MJD home on 23rd. Before writing my ownership experience let me learn more about the car. Couple of doubts which i want to get cleared.

1) When i change songs from USB, it changes to the next file. How do I change the folders?
2) B & M does not recognize my voice commands when i tell it to make a call
3) How should i check the version of B & M?

I do have more doubts coming, will clear it with you guys on later posts.

Thanks for the help.
to change folders you need to use steering controls. go to media player options and then you get the folder option. i know its tedious.

You need to speak in total US ascent, only then it recognizes properly.

you cannot check the version of blue and me. just download the latest 5.5 version from uk site and upgrade it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
Today after having parked the car briefly at a shop, I got into the car and the ignition key wouldn't turn beyond MAR position. I couldn't figure what was wrong and after a few tries called up Fiat roadside assistance. And this is what I learned today:

Sometimes for security reasons the key gets locked and in such cases one can activate the ignition by turning the steering wheel and the key on opposite directions 'simultaneously'. I turned the wheel to left and ignition to right and 'bingo'; it worked again.
this happens in almost all cars and also many bikes.

its not any security purpose or anything. its just that it gets locked in that position and levers cannot move. as soon as you move the steering it unlocks.
Old 10th June 2011, 11:22   #338
BHPian

Guys how sensitive are the wipers to speed change in intermittent position. I don't find much change at varying speeds (first monsoon since I purchased the car)
Old 21st July 2011, 18:12   #339
BANNED

Consolidated all your DYKs in a single document. I have a print of it in my car. Do you want to keep one?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Why Fiat.pdf (344.3 KB, 1194 views)
NSK123 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2011, 00:45   #340
BHPian

Super work NSK123! I think we should pin this file to the first post on this thread.
Old 30th July 2011, 15:52   #341
BHPian

All Lineas produced after 1st Jan 2011 have only 2 rear headrests rather than the usual 3 and the tool kit is now just a bag which lies in the left side of the boot rather than a thermocol cut out which was used before.
A bad move by Fiat I reckon.
Old 30th July 2011, 18:07   #342
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohittunga View Post
the tool kit is now just a bag which lies in the left side of the boot rather than a thermocol cut out which was used before.
Even my Linea, which has a VIN ending with JPZ meaning September 2009 manufacture, has tool bag fastened with velcro on the left side of the boot. However, my Linea has ash-tray, cigarette lighter, three headrests for the rear back-rest which is foldable and Microsoftt Blue&Me sticker on the rear windshield, which are not found in the new Lineas. Some cost-cutting indulged by FIAT India!

Last edited by J.Ravi : 30th July 2011 at 18:08.

Old 1st August 2011, 02:40   #343
Senior - BHPian

Pardon my ignorance if i have missed it somewhere, what is the bulb size for Fiat Linea? Is it H4? Mine is a petrol, 2009 model. In the states right now so was planning to get a HID kit for it.
Old 1st August 2011, 07:22   #344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Pardon my ignorance if i have missed it somewhere, what is the bulb size for Fiat Linea? Is it H4? Mine is a petrol, 2009 model. In the states right now so was planning to get a HID kit for it.
No Sir. For Linea, the bulbs will be H1 and H7. H1 for High beam and H7 for low beam.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2011, 16:57   #345
Senior - BHPian

Fiat Linea - "Did You Know?" Series

There are many things/features in the Punto/Linea which only its owner knows. Its not mentioned in any brochure nor in any magazine nor in any websites. You discover this when you live with your car, every day is a learning experience with FIAT, it seems!

Some features I have found out in my car (some features MAY BE present in other cars also, no debates on that!) -

1) Leave the cabin light ON & it will automatically switch off after some pre determined time to save battery.

2) Suppose your fog lamps are ON. Now, when you switch OFF your headlights, of course the fog lights will also switch off. But good feature is the fog lights wont automatically turn on the next time you switch on the headlights. that is because Punto does not have a manual switch for fog lights but it has a 'touch' button. Good thing if you keep forgetting to manually switch off fog lights. same applies for rear fog lights also.

3) Punto has hydraulic engine mounts to reduce noise & vibration.

4) Cool feature - If any of your warning lights such as brake light, turn indicators, boot light, tail lamp is not working, the car will display a message on the MID with a beep mentioning which bulb is not working.

5) Punto has a speed limit warning which you can manually set. even polo has this.

6) Many cars have door open warning. Punto shows you which exact door is open. For example, door open warning light on the instrument console with a beep followed by a message on the MID which reads "rear left door is open" or "boot is open".

7) Punto shows which track (entire track or album name) is playing or which radio station is set right in front of the driver's eyes, in the MID.

8) Blue & Me feature - Connect upto 5 phones with the car. It will download your entire phonebook from your phone into the car's memory. you can navigate your phonebook through the steering controls & the names will appear on the MID. Makes calls again from the steering & enjoy wireless conversation. This is really really convenient. Even when you are receiving calls, it shows the caller's name (or number) on the MID allowing you to accept or reject calls.

9) Voice commands - You can change tracks, folders, search songs, open phonebook, search contacts & even call you contacts just by talking to your car! Some scenarios -

Me: Call DAD
Punto: Call DAD now?
Me: Yes
Punto: tring tring

or

Me: call 123456789
Punto: call 123456789 now?
Me: Yes
Punto: tring tring

or

Me: Settings
Punto : Settings, Choose your options - car settings, phone settings, ....
Me: Phone settings
Punto: Phone settings, Choose your option - pairing, volume, code, ...

or

Me: Songs
Punto: shows songs on MID
Me: Folder
Punto: shows folders on MID
Me: Genre
Punto: shows genre on MID
Me: Radio
Punto: shifts to radio from USB!

Best part about Punto's voice commands is that there is no specific strict command as such for a function. for example, to listen to USB, you can say anything like "media player" or "music" or "songs" & it will still open USB folder for you!!! It even understands our Indian accent well, something which is a problem that I have noticed in the VW Passat.

10) Pull you headlamp stack once after car is switched off & key is taken out, follow me headlamp feature is activated. even that is customizable! pull lever once, headlamp stays on for 10 seconds. pull lever twice, headlamp stays on for 20 seconds, pull thrice, stays on for 30 seconds!

11) Unlock your car & the cabin light comes on. Open the door, sit inside & close the door & the light goes off in a nice progressive manner - theatre dimming style. Similarly, switch off the car & take the key out, the light comes on slowly. exit & lock the car, the light dims progressively.

12) I dont know if anybody has noticed this, but even after you exit & lock the car, the MID still remains ON for some 10 seconds. Dont know why. Have noticed this in the Polo too.

13) Attention to detail in a FIAT? The charging point has a light. you can see a nice dim orange light in the night when it is unused. Even the USB port inside the glovebox has a light so that you can locate it in darkness to connect your pendrive.

14) Rear wiper automatically starts when you shift to reverse, if front wiper is ON. this is present in many cars.

15) Punto has 5 years paint warranty & 5 years anti-corrosion warranty.

16) Punto has 4 years unlimited kms warranty.

17) You can download a software from the internet, copy it to your pendrive, insert the pen drive in the car's USB slot & then copy the contents to your computer. it will show your driving habits, how efficient you were & your car's carbon footprints. it will recommend how you can improve your driving to increase fuel efficiency & decrease pollution. I dont know whether this works in Indian cars though, never tried in my car.

Landing Page

Inviting other Punters to pour in their "discoveries" with the Punto. It will help us!

Last edited by raj_5004 : 14th November 2011 at 17:16.
raj_5004 is offline   (8) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks