Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2012, 22:49   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

If this is priced below 10 lakhs, I'll start preparing my ownership report now itself

Mini SUV with this looks is just the thing that I need.
Yeti and MiniXylo are really bad compared to this.

If it develops this power and torque, I would buy it even it were a 100cc vehicle

this will definitely do it for ford what Fusion could not do
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 23:55   #152
BHPian

Looks like a classy offering from ford.The 1.0 litre engine could be just the next big thing for ford in line with 1.2 Tsi, k12 series.If engine costs are not too high why not consider plonking it in the Figo and giving it a sporty facelift while still enjoying excise benefit compared to 1.6 mill.would make it an affordable hot hatch.well the ecosport looks tall in propotion meaning good interior space especially if seats are set high.
Old 7th January 2012, 10:19   #153
Team-BHP Support

I hope history is not repeated this time. The fanfare and all the euphoria looks so similar to the pre-launch days of the New Fiesta. The thread was filling up pages in an exponential pace, and once the pricing was announced all went cold.

I am not keeping unwanted hopes on the Ecosport. The key is Ford’s decision to introduce the 1.0L engine in India. It’s time that India starts seeing some of the new petrol engines like this.
Old 7th January 2012, 10:27   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san
I hope history is not repeated this time. The fanfare and all the euphoria looks so similar to the pre-launch days of the New Fiesta. The thread was filling up pages in an exponential pace, and once the pricing was announced all went cold.

I am not keeping unwanted hopes on the Ecosport. The key is Ford's decision to introduce the 1.0L engine in India. It's time that India starts seeing some of the new petrol engines like this.
I agree. Somehow I think people may find it small in the flesh, and fiesta type pricing could kill it. Personally I preferred the previous gen Latin American styling.
Old 7th January 2012, 12:10   #155
Team-BHP Support

As added to the first post of this thread :

A few of us got to have a short talk with Nigel Wark (Executive Director for Marketing, Sales and Service) and J Mays (VP Global Design & Chief Creative Officer) of Ford. Highlights :
  • Sub-4m for the EcoSport is confirmed. In their own words, it would be foolish not to squeeze the EcoSport into that bracket.
  • Why isn’t the EcoSport the Fusion? From Fords research, the Fusion just did not have the “package volume” (ie. Interior space) that was desired in countries like Brazil and India.
  • The Fusion is dead. There was a flat “no” when asked about the chances of it being revived in the Indian market.
  • Ford says that the EcoSport will look almost identical at launch. Only a few minor changes will be made. My guess on the changes : Less flashy front grille, headlamp redesign, smaller wheel/tyre combo (slightly reduced ride height), no spare tyre mounted on the rear tailgate.
  • Despite the “compact SUV” stance, Ford claims that they are focusing on making the EcoSport have the typical “fun to drive” character that their other vehicles are known for.
  • Fiesta S for the latest generation? Nigel Wark said “We all loved the old Fiesta S. Unfortunately, no one bought it!”. That explains Ford’s current thinking on the “S”.
Rehaan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th January 2012, 13:34   #156

I feel Tyre is bit bigger for this Car.
Old 7th January 2012, 14:02   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
no spare tyre mounted on the rear tailgate.
Though it doesn't gel with the design it's needed to give the SUV feel to a mini crossover like the Ecosport. Also where do they plan to put the spare wheel anyway?Will it fit inside the boot or is are the planned tyres that much small to be fitted into the boot space?

Quote:
[*]Despite the “compact SUV” stance, Ford claims that they are focusing on making the EcoSport have the typical “fun to drive” character that their other vehicles are known for.
Typical Ford.

Quote:
[*]Fiesta S for the latest generation? Nigel Wark said “We all loved the old Fiesta S. Unfortunately, no one bought it!”. That explains Ford’s current thinking on the “S”.[/list]
Sigh, market forces has again dampened an enthusiast venture from a company.
Old 7th January 2012, 14:48   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
I dont know when the car will be launched (will take at least 6 months) but diesel will launch simultaneously with the petrol. The power figures and torque figures for the diesel will be the same as the new fiesta's tdci. Do have a look at the ford website for the figures.
Mustang a launch in 6 months seems highly improbable. Today I was watching the CNBC TV18 Overdrive show. As per them the Ecosport is scheduled to be launched by the end of 2012 (which I guess could spill over to 2013). I believe the Renault Duster would be launched well before that.
Old 7th January 2012, 17:03   #159
BANNED

Some pics of the Ecosport that i secretly took yesterday evening using my phone.

Currently the wheels on display are 17"
Attached Images

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 7th January 2012 at 17:04.
Mustang.101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2012, 18:05   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I hope history is not repeated this time....... The key is Ford’s decision to introduce the 1.0L engine in India. It’s time that India starts seeing some of the new petrol engines like this.
Totally agree on this. If at the last moment, Ford decide to launch it with an anemic 'made for India' engine, all the excitement will wither down.

If they do launch this 1 Liter Ecoboost, will this engine also make its way into the Fiesta?
Old 7th January 2012, 18:27   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitg79 View Post
Totally agree on this. If at the last moment, Ford decide to launch it with an anemic 'made for India' engine, all the excitement will wither down.

If they do launch this 1 Liter Ecoboost, will this engine also make its way into the Fiesta?
IMO the use of this engine over a wider range of cars would/should benefit Ford (economies of scale?). Fingers crossed.
Old 7th January 2012, 18:45   #162
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitg79

There is no question of 'if'. The car will come with this ecoboost engine.

It 'probably' will be available on the fiesta as well but not at the launch of the ecosport.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 7th January 2012 at 18:46.
Old 7th January 2012, 18:48   #163
mxx
BHPian

Any confirmation about an all wheel drive version?
Old 7th January 2012, 18:58   #164
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx
Any confirmation about an all wheel drive version?
No, this is most probably going to be a FWD car only as far as the buzz goes.
Old 7th January 2012, 19:35   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Fiesta-S, yes nobody (far less) people bought it. But it added so much brand value. Made people yearn for one and perhaps settle for a lower variant (like me ).
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks