Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2012, 20:26   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Ford EcoSport Preview : Auto Expo 2012 --

i am sure the actual production variant will have less bell and whistles. Lets hope they don't strip it too much to label it as usual "made for india tag"
SirAlec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2012, 20:31   #17
Senior - BHPian

One butch-looking vehicle that is.
Wonder where would one put the front number plate..? Understood this is NOT the production version but it is unlikely Ford would change the front-end (except the headlamp clusters), since the grill is DNA-built.

I doubt those headlamps would make it to the production version. Would feel great if I am wrong here.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 4th January 2012 at 20:36.
Old 4th January 2012, 20:36   #18
Senior - BHPian

Isn't it MUCH smaller than an XUV? It's supposed to be a sub 4-metre vehicle. That should really help the pricing bit. 118 bhp from a tiny turbocharged engine like that is impressive, but I can't help but be a bit skeptical about launching a new petrol-only model in a market where petrols are hardly moving.

What's Ford's new deal with unveiling stuff much earlier and then announcing the pricing and specifications later when the excitement has worn off? It's not like their Marketing team does too well to keep the buzz up in that time interval anyway. Case in point, the New Fiesta.
Old 4th January 2012, 20:49   #19
Senior - BHPian

I doubt,if we will get the 1.0 120PS motor.
Most probably it will come with fiesta's 90PS oil burner,which would make more sense.
Old 4th January 2012, 20:51   #20
BHPian

No diesel?

Without diesel it could not be surviving in India.

Hope to hear the complete story.

The styling is a bit overdone though. Not very pleasing.
Old 4th January 2012, 20:56   #21
Senior - BHPian

I was wondering why the ford guys think about putting the 1.4 diesel engine they have in India. But this is "Eco-sport". The 68 horses of the 1.4tdci engine wouldn't qualify it as "sport".

So asked the googal baba, whether the ford has any powerful iterations of the 1.4 tdci with them and voila here it is:
Ford DLD engine
Known as the tiger 1.4 (16V) pumps out 90PS, doing duty in the Citroen C3:
Citroën C3 - Engines

PS: lets dream!!!

EDIT: from the above links, I get to understand that the 90PS engine doesn't conform to the EURO IV standards!!! ............ the dream shatterer!!

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 4th January 2012 at 20:59.
Old 4th January 2012, 21:02   #22
BHPian

It cannot be bigger than Yeti in length (Yeti is not sub 4 m), but space could be the same or even better if it is wider, but the boot space may not be bigger than Yeti again, could be more in the league of Fusion.
Old 4th January 2012, 21:05   #23
Team-BHP Support

I love this concept of sub- 4m SUVs!

Parking space is getting increasingly difficult to afford (most houses/ flats available on rent has parking for small cars only). These SUVs could bring the SUV experience to lot of hatchback owners!

Here is my take on what it could end up looking like -

Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-1-dscf1779.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 4th January 2012 at 21:07.
Old 4th January 2012, 21:05   #24
BHPian

The vehicle looks great from front and back. But from full side-on perspective, to me it looks more like a 'car' mounted on really BIG wheels!!
Is that only me with a funny vision?
n_mouli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2012, 21:08   #25
BHPian

This probably a good replacement for a Fusion owner Its nice to see the Compact SUV market is getting hotter. Good move from Ford, hope they keep the price in Bracket and Max localization.
Old 4th January 2012, 21:08   #26
BHPian

Great looking vehicle and certainly will spice things up in the hatchback segment if priced correctly. People will certainly have the choice to buy this or say a top end i20 or VW polo and get more variety.

My two cents on the delay in launching this will be because they must have seen with the current fuel scenario in India a petrol based engine will be a very very hard cell, ecoBoost or no ecoBoost, the "common" man will not care. So as per their initial plans they are unveiling this but launch will be closer to the time when a good diesel can be fitted in.

Also worth noting is had they not unveiled it as per their plans, people would have thought there were some serious issues with the vehicle or the concept.

And ya, I would definitely sell my 2 month old black titanium tdci figo for this bad boy, love the figo but this is something altogether else
Old 4th January 2012, 21:15   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur View Post
Isn't it MUCH smaller than an XUV? It's supposed to be a sub 4-metre vehicle. That should really help the pricing bit. 118 bhp from a tiny turbocharged engine like that is impressive, but I can't help but be a bit skeptical about launching a new petrol-only model in a market where petrols are hardly moving.

What's Ford's new deal with unveiling stuff much earlier and then announcing the pricing and specifications later when the excitement has worn off? It's not like their Marketing team does too well to keep the buzz up in that time interval anyway. Case in point, the New Fiesta.
Vehicle is almost close to four meter. In case of sub 4 meter the spare mounted on the tail gate is not counted

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
I doubt,if we will get the 1.0 120PS motor.
Most probably it will come with fiesta's 90PS oil burner,which would make more sense.
I think 1.0 litre engine is wrong information. In eco-boost they have only 1.6 and 2.0 ltr engines that are scheduled to be launched with Ford Escape. They would not be developing an all new engine for such a small number of examples they are targeting. So i really doubt the 1.0 118PS. So might be 1.6 with 118 PS that is available with Fiesta else where or the well known New fiesta 1.5 engines

Last edited by Dhanu@DJ : 4th January 2012 at 21:16.
Old 4th January 2012, 21:21   #28
BHPian

This is really good looking. Any idea when it's going to launched and available for sale in India? I read somewhere that the pricing is going to be between 12L and 14L (but can't confirm it). If that is the case, it's competing directly with XUV and Yeti.
Old 4th January 2012, 21:27   #29
Senior - BHPian

Looks awesome. Really like the design. And this 3-cylinder, turbo-charged engine sounds excellent. Hope this is the start of more such engines in the Indian Market.
Old 4th January 2012, 21:27   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhanu@DJ View Post
I think 1.0 litre engine is wrong information. In eco-boost they have only 1.6 and 2.0 ltr engines that are scheduled to be launched with Ford Escape. They would not be developing an all new engine for such a small number of examples they are targeting. So i really doubt the 1.0 118PS.
Nopes, there is already a 1L I3 Ecoboost engine, developing 120ps and 170Nm and a impressive 1350-4500rpm.

Ford EcoBoost engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I wish they would plug it into Figo. That would be on hell of a hot hatch!
SkyWalker is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks