Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2012, 01:31   #1516
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Believe me, the forward visibility is excellent. The forward visibility also depends on the height of the driver. I'm 6' 2"and i was at home driving the Ecosport.
Does that mean the bonnet is visible? Without that, i dont feel like im driving a SUV. Badly spoiled by driving scorpio

Last edited by klassics45 : 19th October 2012 at 01:40.
Old 19th October 2012, 08:53   #1517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
As a rare species on this forum (New Fiesta owner) I can tell that there is turbo lag in new Fiesta (more than Figo) which is felt in 1st and 2nd gear mostly when pulling from standstill or really low speeds.

Cant quantify it, and dont really see the RPM at which it pulls, but it is wee bit noticeable, I am guessing 2-3 seconds in 1st gear and 2 seconds in second gear to get the car moving. The longer 2nd gear and tall gearing makes this more pronounce than it really is. Figo on the otherhand can pull from standstill even in 2nd, new Fiesta would stall in 2nd (had it happen to me sometimes) if started from standstill.

Having said that, once the car hits turbo than it pulls much more cleanly than Figo and much more strongly than Figo. In addition the engine is more refined than all other C segment cars I have driven. Absolutely revv-happy, vibe and noise free. A wee bit more power, and 300 nm of torque wont hurt though... but thats a natural aspiration of all humans, to ask and desire more!
I feel Ecosport to be better than ANF, they increased the torque in lower rpms...plz chk my earlier post with 1.5 Tdci configurations for Ecosport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bageherath View Post
Diesel Ecosport specifications for Argentina:

1.5 TCDi

Type 4 Cylinder In-line 8V SOHC
D(cc) 1498
PS/Rpm 90/3750
Torque 205/1750-2500 (Nm/Rpm)

Torque spec is different for All new fiesta

Torque 204/2000-2750 (Nm/Rpm)
Old 19th October 2012, 12:09   #1518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
That is true. I have not driven as an owner. But I test drove for about 30-40km amongst bumper to bumper traffic, open roads and bad roads.

I did feel the lag in the first and second gear as you mentioned, but some how never felt glued to it. It seemed much easier to get out of it.

Duster 85 is even more easier. It pulls just like a petrol. In that respect, it is easier to drive.
So, in the diesel car market (< 10lacs), i guess Swift wins hands down in terms of zip and driveability. I still love the Polo, sans the myriad of issues in *** that folks are facing
Old 20th October 2012, 13:27   #1519
BHPian

Eagerly awaiting this launch. I hope Maruti and Toyota come with mini-SUVs. That would make things even more exciting.
Old 22nd October 2012, 10:47   #1520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narenteam
Eagerly awaiting this launch. I hope Maruti and Toyota come with mini-SUVs. That would make things even more exciting.
Toyota could launch the RAV4 without much ado. Its a proven vehicle with bullet proof reliability and is just the right size for India. But that's off topic.

Anyone got any exact launch timing from ford dealer visits? Any chance of at least seeing it or test driving it during Diwali?
Old 23rd October 2012, 19:43   #1521
BHPian

Ford Ecosport 4WD showcased in Brazil

Quote:
Although the EcoSport is an urban SUV (an SUV top hat on the Fiesta platform) and has no business in the woods or the desert, four-wheel drive technology is essential to conquer snowy and slippery terrain. Regions which experience snowfall during the winter months need four wheel drive technology, not for adventure, but for the purpose of safety and security.

[Powershift technology is strapped on to the variant with 2WD; Both variants are based on petrol-engined cars]
4WD technology is also a sort of marketing gimmick on smaller vehicles. The marketing teams get bragging rights on television and poster ads. This technology, for ages, has differentiated the top-end variant from the usual variants.
Link: http://indianautosblog.com/2012/10/f...sao-paulo-2012
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33-fordecosport4wdrear.jpg  

Old 24th October 2012, 12:26   #1522
BHPian

Hi guys, can anyone confirm if the automatic ecosport picture posted earlier is a petrol one or a diesel one. Well a diesel compact suv with six airbags, sunroof, keyless entry, auto folding mirrors, leather seats and other regular features is my dream.
Old 24th October 2012, 12:55   #1523
Distinguished - BHPian

What's with the silver color door handles and mirrors in the above pic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil
Hi guys, can anyone confirm if the automatic ecosport picture posted earlier is a petrol one or a diesel one. Well a diesel compact suv with six airbags, sunroof, keyless entry, auto folding mirrors, leather seats and other regular features is my dream.
I will defintely NOT expect six airbags and sunroof in India spec model. Ford has to play the price game here and they will most probably bring in features compared to the competition. I expect them to keep essential features and get a decent price at the max.
Old 24th October 2012, 12:57   #1524
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil
I am afraid that it would remain a dream for some time.
As discussed earlier on the forum, the auto on the diesel will not be feasible enough for Ford.

Also, the model spotted is probably not even an ecoboost.
It's probably just a naturally aspirated engine.
Old 24th October 2012, 20:35   #1525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
My reading of the way Ford are shaping up is that the Auto gearbox will be offered only with the Ecoboost petrol & there is a good chance the highest end variant of this will offer 6 airbags & all the goodies. They have a Auto gearbox suitable for AWD & Diesel but use it only in the Kuga & above. Will they offer Diesel Auto in the Ecosport?- Going by the dribs of info leaking out it looks like they are trying to keep that combo slot reserved for the Kugaa.

If they manage a Ecoboost Petrol with AT Gearbox & AWD they will have a complete segment open to them exclusively!
Old 24th October 2012, 21:31   #1526
Senior - BHPian

Ford has got to do something about that panel gap back there. It looks like San Andreas fault running down the back.
Old 24th October 2012, 21:33   #1527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
If they manage a Ecoboost Petrol with AT Gearbox & AWD they will have a complete segment open to them exclusively!
That would be an optional feature, I guess, with the demand for AWD being close to non existent in India. But yes, it would be a segment first.
Old 25th October 2012, 10:13   #1528
Senior - BHPian

I dont know if this video has been posted in this thread before:

Its a video showcasing the design, testing and overview of the Ecosport.
Old 25th October 2012, 12:29   #1529
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault Duster ;

Less Marketing, less discussion, quick launch & Decent pricing - SUCCESS

M&M Quanto;

Less Marketing, moderate discussion, not much delay in launch & realistic pricing - SUCCESS

FORD ECO SPORT;

MASSIVE Marketing, MASSIVE Expectations, MASSIVE campaigning @ AUTO EXPO, & NO LAUNCH YETT !!!??!!

^ SUCCESS will be dependent on pricing only now

Last edited by karan561 : 25th October 2012 at 12:32.
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2012, 12:51   #1530

Hope the pricing is not a bummer like the Ford Fiesta that was launched last year.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks