Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2012, 16:32   #1651
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport Preview @ Auto Expo 2012. EDIT : Indian Spy Pics on Pg. 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild child View Post
Hi Bhpians

Got a news that Ecosport will be launched on February 13, 2013 !

Whoa !!

W_C
Thats great news, couldnt find any such news on the internet. Is this something that you heard from inner source?
Old 26th November 2012, 16:47   #1652
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Bhpians

Got a news that Ecosport will be launched on February 13, 2013 !

Whoa !!

W_C
Thank you for sharing the much awaited info regarding the launch !
Have you got any info on the price ?
The hype for this vehicle is such that a good pricing strategy would make Ford Ecosport an unopposed benchmark in the compact SUV segment.
Old 26th November 2012, 19:33   #1653
BHPian

Last saturday I gave my Ford Fiesta for service, and on my way back I thought of enquiring about Ecosport launch and delivery time as I had booked the vechile unofficially in Last Aug'12.

Spoke to sales manager in Hyd...

According to him launch will be in Feb. But, Ecosport delivery will start from April 1st week.

A team from Ford India visted their showroom to make them ready for ecoport lunch as volumes will be more and how to handle the bookings and delivery and brief about product.

-Bagheerath
bageherath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2012, 08:30   #1654
BHPian

Guys

The source who gave me the launch date is as reliable as reliable could be!
Petrol Ecosport should cost some where close to 6-7.5L ex-showroom and the diesel sibling would cost between 6.5-8.5L ex-showroom.
Yes, the expectations are very high and I guess Ford showroom guys are being trained on how to handle propective customers.
EcoSport is sure to give Duster, Quanto and Nissan's Duster look alike a run.
I have a gut feeling that Bolero's sales figure could also be shaken owing to better body dimensions of the EcoSport, pricing and build quality ( Mahindra's Achilles heel ).
Well, the countdown has begun. Let's wait for the curtain at Ford to raise

Cheers
W_C
wild child is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th November 2012, 10:11   #1655
BHPian

Quote:
Guys

The source who gave me the launch date is as reliable as reliable could be!
Petrol Ecosport should cost some where close to 6-7.5L ex-showroom and the diesel sibling would cost between 6.5-8.5L ex-showroom.
Yes, the expectations are very high and I guess Ford showroom guys are being trained on how to handle propective customers.
EcoSport is sure to give Duster, Quanto and Nissan's Duster look alike a run.
I have a gut feeling that Bolero's sales figure could also be shaken owing to better body dimensions of the EcoSport, pricing and build quality ( Mahindra's Achilles heel ).
Well, the countdown has begun. Let's wait for the curtain at Ford to raise

Cheers
W_C
If the price that you have quoted is anywhere near what the Ecosport will end up costing, then bye bye Duster et al!!. I still think 8.5 Ex Showroom is not realistic. The top end diesel with 6 airbags, Ford Sync, ABS, EBD, Traction control etc will definitely cost more than that.
Old 27th November 2012, 10:16   #1656
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
+ 1 for the price of the base versions. An friends who is in Ford told us a few days back that it will cost ~7L on road for the entry versions.
Old 27th November 2012, 13:10   #1657
BHPian

Minus "SUV premium", This pricing looks logical, not very low, if compared with other cars in excise benefit bracket (i20,Dzire etc.)

For petrol heads, Honda city base model and Ford Classic Titanium cost around 7lac ex. showroom, therefore EcoSport 1.2 with at least ABS and front airbags should not cost more than 7-7.5.
I somehow feel that ABS etc. may not be expected in base versions with this pricing.

Big IF is, if Ford really goes with this prizing and doesn’t follow Duster’s path (by charging SUV premium).
Old 27th November 2012, 13:15   #1658
Team-BHP Support

They may price it low on base version. But what remains to be seen is how they equip these base versions.
If its a bare bones version, then we know how it would sell.

The main point I feel is that they need to price the "potential" best selling trim correctly and also equip it decently.
Because thats where their numbers would come in. They can touch the sky for the high end. People who want the
high end would any way go for it. Its the "potential" customer that Ford needs to swing, to its showroom with a
cheque book.

Last edited by ampere : 27th November 2012 at 13:16.
Old 27th November 2012, 13:18   #1659
Team-BHP Support

The Duster also sported a 7-ish lakh price-tag when it was introduced initially. But as we all know, the variants we WANT would be in excess of 10 lakhs, whichever way you look at it.

As long as Ford undercuts the Duster's ex-showroom price, variant-for-variant, they'd have done well.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2012, 13:23   #1660
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307
The Duster also sported a 7-ish lakh price-tag when it was introduced initially. But as we all know, the variants we WANT would be in excess of 10 lakhs, whichever way you look at it.

As long as Ford undercuts the Duster's ex-showroom price, variant-for-variant, they'd have done well.
7.2 lacs ex-showroom was the price of a model that nobody has even seen.
For the EcoSport , we are talking 7 lacs on -road for a model that you and i can get our hands on.
I think its a pretty different case.
Old 27th November 2012, 13:37   #1661
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
For the EcoSport , we are talking 7 lacs on -road for a model that you and i can get our hands on.
I think its a pretty different case.
7 lakhs OTR Bangalore? Fat chance!

Do you know what you'd get for 7 lakhs OTR Bangalore? You'd get the base Liva diesel and possibly, the mid-variant Ford Figo diesel. I highly doubt that I'd be able to buy a base EcoSPort for the same price.

I'm guessing OTR prices start at nothing less than 8.5 lakhs in Bangalore and it will go into double-figures once you go higher in the variant list. And I'm thinking optimistically.
Old 27th November 2012, 14:48   #1662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post

Do you know what you'd get for 7 lakhs OTR Bangalore? You'd get the base Liva diesel and possibly, the mid-variant Ford Figo diesel. I highly doubt that I'd be able to buy a base EcoSPort for the same price.

I'm guessing OTR prices start at nothing less than 8.5 lakhs in Bangalore and it will go into double-figures once you go higher in the variant list. And I'm thinking optimistically.
I completely agree. A diesel medium variant with probably ABS added will definitely cost near to 10 Lakh OTR Bangalore. Anything lesser than that is a steal for this car.
Adding to suhaas - what we get even for even 9.1 Lakh in Bangalore is a cramped DZire ZDI.
If you ask me if I would like to buy ecosport with ABS @ 10 LAKH OTR Bangalore. My answer would be YES - not because its worth it, but because this is the best I can get for 10 Lakh in bangalore
sunilg33 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2012, 15:29   #1663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishal.R
Minus "SUV premium", This pricing looks logical, not very low, if compared with other cars in excise benefit bracket (i20,Dzire etc.)

For petrol heads, Honda city base model and Ford Classic Titanium cost around 7lac ex. showroom, therefore EcoSport 1.2 with at least ABS and front airbags should not cost more than 7-7.5.
I somehow feel that ABS etc. may not be expected in base versions with this pricing.

Big IF is, if Ford really goes with this prizing and doesn’t follow Duster’s path (by charging SUV premium).
What do you mean by ecosport 1.2?
Old 27th November 2012, 15:33   #1664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
+ 1 for the price of the base versions. An friends who is in Ford told us a few days back that it will cost ~7L on road for the entry versions.
A reliable source similar to yours (can't disclose) estimated >7. and <9.5 lacs for petrol and >8.5 and <11 for diesel.

Also it seems AT is only in Petrol for the time being.

I think the pricing is spot on if it's even 95% within the target! (+/- 5% i.e. )

Duster, soon-to-be-launched Nissan CUV & Quanto better watch out.
Old 27th November 2012, 16:11   #1665
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307

Sure, the tax in karnataka is higher than other states but in other places with saner tax, 7 lakhs could be achievable, at least for the petrol base
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks