Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2012, 17:25   #301
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012

I checked with Kalayani Motors, Bangalore and they said that the price of Ertiga may be 50K-75K higher than the SX4. Which means the bangalore on road price for a ZDI will be around 11.25-11.75 Lacs. They are not taking any bookings for now.

Last edited by arun_josie : 24th March 2012 at 17:27.
Old 24th March 2012, 18:08   #302
Senior - BHPian

Re: Test Drive - Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak View Post
Here are some snaps clicked using mobile phone. Hope this information helps you.
Thanks for the pics and review. Do you have any more pics of that blue Ertiga? It seems to be wearing a nice body kit.

And how many people were on board the car when you drove it? Does it pitch too much under braking?
Old 24th March 2012, 19:50   #303
Senior - BHPian

@Gurudatta Nayak - Thank you for those initial impressions. The car is pretty impressive and I was actually surprised to see the amount of boot space on offer even with all the three rows in place, wouldnt be surprised if it is even more than the new swift!

Also, maruti could have given atleast the lower part of the dash and steering wheel in black, beige there actually spoils the overall ambience of the cabin.

One question - Does the top variant comes with 15" or 16" alloys (not the multispoke one on the white car), Just curious to know.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2012, 20:24   #304
Senior - BHPian

This car has been growing on me day by day. Now i am only hoping that Maruti prices it well. With some aggressive pricing, i am sure we can see huge waiting period for this car
Old 24th March 2012, 21:00   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Thanks for the pics and review. Do you have any more pics of that blue Ertiga? It seems to be wearing a nice body kit.
Wow, you got sharp eyes. Yea those kits look good. May be a premium variant of ZDI/ZXI? or ZDI/ZXI itself? If so, kudos to Maruti! BTW, are those demo vehicles? Why are they having HR reg plates?

Last edited by bejoy : 24th March 2012 at 21:03.
Old 24th March 2012, 21:29   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612 View Post
Any idea about Vxi & Zxi variants (petrol) prices?
I expect ZXi Petrol to be priced at ~8.3 lacs, (Ex-Showroom, Delhi.)
expect VXi to be 80-85k cheaper than ZXi.
While corresponding Diesel variants will be priced at a standard 1-lac rupee difference.

VXi/VDi & ZXi/ZDi will come with ABS & Dual AC as standard feature.

Last edited by CRtorquefan : 24th March 2012 at 21:32. Reason: Text editing
CRtorquefan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2012, 23:17   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Wow, you got sharp eyes. Yea those kits look good. May be a premium variant of ZDI/ZXI? or ZDI/ZXI itself? If so, kudos to Maruti!
The body kit maybe a part of the optional accessories. I recall seeing pictures of the ZXi/ ZDi variants without them.
Old 24th March 2012, 23:38   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post

And how many people were on board the car when you drove it? Does it pitch too much under braking?
The Car in Blue is Zdi. The body kit was fixed for few cars for media launch. The cars tested by Autocar and Overdrive are from this lot.

I have tested the car on smooth highway and on off road. The braking is adequate for this car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
@Gurudatta Nayak - Thank you for those initial impressions. The car is pretty impressive and I was actually surprised to see the amount of boot space on offer even with all the three rows in place, wouldnt be surprised if it is even more than the new swift!

Also, maruti could have given atleast the lower part of the dash and steering wheel in black, beige there actually spoils the overall ambience of the cabin.

One question - Does the top variant comes with 15" or 16" alloys (not the multispoke one on the white car), Just curious to know.
I was also surprised to see the boot space. Yes, I agree the beige will get soiled fast. I am not sure about the wheel size :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Wow, you got sharp eyes. Yea those kits look good. May be a premium variant of ZDI/ZXI? or ZDI/ZXI itself? If so, kudos to Maruti! BTW, are those demo vehicles? Why are they having HR reg plates?
That body kit is not included in standard accessories list. Some of the cars are test mule cars which are registered in HR. They are here for media launch. Autocar & Overdrive used one of this for review.

Today, tried visiting the showroom for more pics. They have relocated those vehicle with the help of vehicle logistic trucks. There are few cars left. This are covered with cloth so that people should not click snaps and ask for TD before launch.

I was lucky to get a TD before launch and to click snaps but unfortunately, I dint had my Cam :( as it happened suddenly.

Last edited by Gurudatta Nayak : 24th March 2012 at 23:43.
Old 25th March 2012, 14:28   #309
Senior - BHPian

Since you drove the car can you tell me if the air conditioner at the back is a separate unit or is it like in Nissan Sunny where the rear vents just act as a feeder? I'm asking because in the picture I see the rear aircon having vents on both sides.
Also can you tell me the number and position of cabin lights? Thanks in advance mate!
Old 25th March 2012, 15:09   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Since you drove the car can you tell me if the air conditioner at the back is a separate unit or is it like in Nissan Sunny where the rear vents just act as a feeder? I'm asking because in the picture I see the rear aircon having vents on both sides.
Also can you tell me the number and position of cabin lights? Thanks in advance mate!
The Air conditioner in the center has vents on both sides. I could also notice a pipe inside the unit carrying the gas. There are 2 Cabin Lights one above the center rear view mirror and one behind the last row.

Guys, I got a chance to click more hi resolution snaps. I will upload the same soon in this thread.
Gurudatta Nayak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2012, 15:51   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Read in one of those reviews that the roof unit is just a blower that helps to cool the cabin faster. Not a separate AC unit.
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2012, 17:26   #312
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Gurudatta and bejoy!

I would like to confirm if it has a separate aircon unit like in the Innova or not, because, this will make or break the deal for me. I would be glad if someone can throw light on this! Talking about lights, Suzuki have been real stingy in providing just 2 cabin lamps for such a huge cabin. A big let down.
Old 25th March 2012, 21:27   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Gurudatta and bejoy!

I would like to confirm if it has a separate aircon unit like in the Innova or not, because, this will make or break the deal for me. I would be glad if someone can throw light on this! Talking about lights, Suzuki have been real stingy in providing just 2 cabin lamps for such a huge cabin. A big let down.
In the 1st pic The AC unit view from the back on the blower (just above the Drivers seat). As with regards to the cabin lights. I could see only 2 lights
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012-dsc_3942.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012-dsc_3928.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012-dsc_3949.jpg  

Gurudatta Nayak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2012, 22:43   #314
Senior - BHPian

Going by the pics I reckon it's merely a blower and not a separate aircon unit like the Innova. If that's so, I have my apprehensions about cabin temperature in peak Chennai summer!
Old 25th March 2012, 22:49   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Going by the pics I reckon it's merely a blower and not a separate aircon unit like the Innova. If that's so, I have my apprehensions about cabin temperature in peak Chennai summer!
Yes, looks like its a just a repeater, that saves cost, for something that is intended to be < 10 L, this is a good strategy, each penny saved with small useful adjustments like this helps to keep the tight budget. This only makes my belief stronger that Maruthi is looking to price this aggressively (know Maruthi know VFM well!)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks