Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2012, 18:07   #226
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Thanks for pics. Good to know that LDI is coming with ABS. But one of the pics shows a Lxi variant but doesn't have a ABS sticker. So, Lxi doesn't have ABS? If so, is it a strategy to bring down the cost for the petrol version?
Also the ABS is stickered on the glass panel.I think MSIL puts it under the variant name.
Old 23rd February 2012, 18:15   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbu64 View Post
I will you what, we are a family of four. While I dont want to go OT, the fact remains the current generation wants complete independence even from the mom, pop, in-laws et all which is why a new trend of multi storied apartment complexes for the aged, and seniors is coming up all over India.
So for a family of 4 this is just perfect and options should be given to not having the last seat row and not paying for it. There should be choices within the package and priced accordingly. And given the size and space constraints in apartments complexes the Ertiga fits well in the parking lot.
For a family of four and lots of luggage, a Jazz and Ertiga make the most sense. With the current pricing of the Jazz, it is better value for money given the potential pricing we are talking about for the Ertiga. The only problem with the Jazz is petrol only engines.

If the Ertiga is priced very close to the Swift, expect it to cannibalise sales from the Swift. That is why the new Dzire has a small boot (SX4 sales, or lack thereof). Even pricing it similar to the Dzire will cannibalise those sales. Therefore the only pricing I can see is midway in between the Dzire and SX4. Any other pricing either cannibalises other sales or over prices the vehicle.

I don't understand why maruti don't get a bigger diesel engine, or get this one "expanded" (sorry I forget the terminology for that). I mean, if there are no additional tax benefits (SX4, Ertiga etc.) then you might as well get the bigger engine in. Mileage will actually probably improve with a 1.5 or 1.6 diesel in the heavier cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
But what MSIL does is downright cheap - giving different spec tyres for different trims.
Not just that mate. I have read elsewhere in our forum that even the brake boosters aren't good enough on L and V trims (in new Swift?). Perhaps it did not make much difference in small hatchbacks. But Ertiga will surely be used as taxi and there will usually be more lives on board than small cars, even when it is a private car. I really hope they don't compromise on braking abilities of Ertiga!
The whole issue of tyre size is not that important, because upsizing tyres is really easy and not that expensive relatively. More important is the brake issue. How do you put worse brakes on the cheaper versions. Is the life of the rich more important than the life of the poor. Not done Maruti. Keep the brakes the same for all models

Last edited by Technocrat : 24th February 2012 at 00:33. Reason: Fixed quote tags
Old 23rd February 2012, 22:10   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
The whole issue of tyre size is not that important, because upsizing tyres is really easy and not that expensive relatively. More important is the brake issue. How do you put worse brakes on the cheaper versions. Is the life of the rich more important than the life of the poor. Not done Maruti. Keep the brakes the same for all models

But the question is how many would actually do the tyre upgrade? Most of these skinny tyres are OK in city conditions, but are way different during highway runs. I had several close calls in my i10 (puny tyres of 155 profile!) where the tyres simply lock up under hard braking. And 9 out 10 of i10s i see on the road ply on the same original tyres. The brakes are adequate in most cases, but the tyres makes a real difference.
Old 23rd February 2012, 23:21   #229
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Also the ABS is stickered on the glass panel.I think MSIL puts it under the variant name.
I think they don't have a standard in pasting this ABS sticker. I am saying this because the old Dzires Z variant doesn't come with this sticker despite having ABS.
Anyways it will be a welcome change if L/V versions of Ertiga comes with ABS.
Old 23rd February 2012, 23:51   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post

But the question is how many would actually do the tyre upgrade? Most of these skinny tyres are OK in city conditions, but are way different during highway runs. I had several close calls in my i10 (puny tyres of 155 profile!) where the tyres simply lock up under hard braking. And 9 out 10 of i10s i see on the road ply on the same original tyres. The brakes are adequate in most cases, but the tyres makes a real difference.
I agree too many people may not actually upgrade the tyres, but consider it this way. Upgrading the tyres is a lot easier and cheaper than improving the braking system. This is why I do not begrudge car manufacturers the tyre issue (after all they are in business to make a profit), even though it is really penny pinching, but get upset when they short change people on things like brakes and safety features, especially things that are difficult to change and upgrade.
Old 24th February 2012, 10:49   #231
Senior - BHPian

It goes without saying that brakes are more critical a feature than tyre-profile and the earlier MSIL does something about that, the better. You just cannot differentiate between trim-levels in braking performance. Period. Tyres are not at the same level in terms of safety-risk, but given that 95% or more people do not upgrade tyres, they can atleast provide the optimum tyre across all trim-levels.

Anyway enough OT on an Ertiga thread. If they are indeed giving ABS on all versions, it is good move. Any news on pricing / launch ?
Old 24th February 2012, 11:03   #232
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Probably you didn't read my above post completely. I also wrote that -

I was actually praising Maruti because they let the customers upgrade to wider tyres (top end spec) without voiding the warranty.

But enough of this OT tyre discussion, lets get back to Ertiga.

Rohan
It’s not really OT, as we are still taking about Ertiga. It’s nice to praise, but to you really think Maruti is being nice to customer in this case? It is pure cost cutting

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Tyres are not at the same level in terms of safety-risk, but given that 95% or more people do not upgrade tyres, they can atleast provide the optimum tyre across all trim-levels.
Completely agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Any news on pricing / launch ?
Looking forward to that bit as well. Not because I am interested in the Ertiga. But this car’s pricing will be quite key for the other aspirants in the same segment (I am expecting all manufacturers to soon flood this segment), with Nissan and Chevrolet already in the queue. Hope the competition also gets in pretty fast
Old 28th February 2012, 14:57   #233
BHPian

Found this link on Ertiga pricing:

http://www.suzuki-tgr.webs.com/ertiga.html

Can anyone please convert into INR and share?
Old 28th February 2012, 17:52   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayaksudhir View Post

ERTIGA

The converted Indonesian prices :

GA: 143,000,000.00 IDR = 769,065.77 INR
GL: 153,000,000.00 IDR = 822,846.59 INR
GX: 165,000,000.00 IDR = 887,383.58 INR
Old 28th February 2012, 17:52   #235
BANNED

Quote:

ERTIGA

That is 7.7L - 8.9L INR, for the Petrol variants! If Ertiga is priced this way in India, I am sure it will be a super flop.

It should be priced at 6.2L - 7.5L for Petrol, and 7.2L - 8.5L for Diesel, IMO.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 28th February 2012 at 17:56.
Old 28th February 2012, 18:35   #236
AWD
BHPian

In case launch happens in 1st, 2nd week of March, by when would the deliveries start?

& would Maruti dealers start accepting bookings before formal launch?

Hope its not a soft launch like many Companies do these days.
Old 28th February 2012, 20:54   #237
Senior - BHPian

Maruti doesnt have to make a lot of noise about a car launch, especially if its a MUV. People come to know from word of mouth that a new Maruti is in town within weeks!!
Also a soft launch will help them manage bookings and delivery, then gradually increase production as market awareness increases.
Old 28th February 2012, 23:30   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD
In case launch happens in 1st, 2nd week of March, by when would the deliveries start?

& would Maruti dealers start accepting bookings before formal launch?

Hope its not a soft launch like many Companies do these days.
15th March is when the dealers start accepting the bookings as per an SE in Vipul Motors.

Deliveries, according to him, will begin from 15th April.

Let's see how things unfold.
nayaksudhir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2012, 08:50   #239
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
15th March is when the dealers start accepting the bookings. Deliveries, according to him, will begin from 15th April.
Thanks. 15th April onwards deliveries translates into post-budget prices. Hope Maruti follows a similar strategy like it did with Dzire launch. An inventory was built before the launch & cars were delivered immediately after launch.
Old 29th February 2012, 09:03   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD

Thanks. 15th April onwards deliveries translates into post-budget prices. Hope Maruti follows a similar strategy like it did with Dzire launch. An inventory was built before the launch & cars were delivered immediately after launch.
Looks like Maruti is adopting similar strategy. Quoting Revved_up:

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up
I was at the Maruti Gurgaon plant today and i saw a lot of Ertigas ready to be despatched to dealers..
Considering they had production vehicle ready by Dec '11 for the auto expo, your presumption I believe is true.

Anyone having any more information?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks