Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2012, 12:54   #361
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Would you have not considered the Innova (for your above requirement) if it came cheaper? My hunch is the Ertiga will hit Innova sales more than anyone else.
Not really, would've really thought hard about driveability for my wife and dad first. I still belive the impact on Innova's sales will be less. Xylo and SX4 (esp the diesel since the engine is shared, and the dimensions are already larger than the conventional sedan) are the ones to watch.
Old 30th March 2012, 15:14   #362
Team-BHP Support

where are people seeing these cars? are they standing at the showrooms (not display but perhaps inside somewhere in service areas)?

does anyone know if Sai Service Lower Parel (Mumbai) or anyone else in Mumbai has pieces in their stockyard that one can see.

I can't wait to see it in the flesh. Exciting product indeed!!
Old 30th March 2012, 15:16   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
My hunch is the Ertiga will hit Innova sales more than anyone else.
Actually Ertiga is in a no-mans land it is a not a real competitor to a any, but in a sense it might compete with not just 7 seaters but even 5 seater sedans. It is hard to predict which users will swing into Ertiga's favour. It might even cannibalize some maruthi products.

One thought would be if I have 10 L and I want to a buy a good car, I would want to maximize benefit, the Errtiga will be considered, a XYLO or a SUMO or a Tavera might not be (owing to thier stance and size). This is a major benefit Ertiga has. A real game changer!
Old 30th March 2012, 15:55   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
where are people seeing these cars? are they standing at the showrooms (not display but perhaps inside somewhere in service areas)?
Well I checked the stockyard of one of the dealers in Ahmedabad a couple of days ago, but there wasn't any. Found another truck on the highway today, a chat with the driver revealed that they had delivered a few examples at Rajkot and were now taking some Nanos to Delhi. So I turned around to the stockyard to see 5 carriers parked. I guessed that it was highly probable that at least 1 Ertiga will be in one of those. Walked into the yard, asked the driver if there were any and he said yes! Entered the truck from the side opening and checked it out. They couldn't take the car out since I was not an official, and the cars are unlocked while tethered inside the carriers

From what I heard from the trucker today - you should be able to find (with persistence) some examples in Rajkot as well.

Last edited by rlakhanpal : 30th March 2012 at 16:15. Reason: Trimmed qouted text for relevance for this post
rlakhanpal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 17:00   #365
Team-BHP Support

wow!! that's some commitment and effort. you deserve your early dekko at the car. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlakhanpal View Post
Well I checked the stockyard of one of the dealers in Ahmedabad a couple of days ago, but there wasn't any. Found another truck on the highway today, a chat with the driver revealed that they had delivered a few examples at Rajkot and were now taking some Nanos to Delhi. So I turned around to the stockyard to see 5 carriers parked. I guessed that it was highly probable that at least 1 Ertiga will be in one of those. Walked into the yard, asked the driver if there were any and he said yes! Entered the truck from the side opening and checked it out. They couldn't take the car out since I was not an official, and the cars are unlocked while tethered inside the carriers

From what I heard from the trucker today - you should be able to find (with persistence) some examples in Rajkot as well.
Old 30th March 2012, 17:25   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
wow!! that's some commitment and effort. you deserve your early dekko at the car. :-)
Thanks Axe.

More importantly, the information proves that MS have the cars available on all centers and will be able to deliver across India soon after launch. People in smaller cities can rejoice as they won't lag behind the metros in getting this much anticipated car.
Old 30th March 2012, 18:54   #367
Senior - BHPian

I ertiga is priced from 7-9, its perfect. Isn't innova overpriced now since it now starts at 9.5 odd ex showroom for a bare bones stipped down model?
sidindica is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 19:44   #368
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
I ertiga is priced from 7-9, its perfect. Isn't innova overpriced now since it now starts at 9.5 odd ex showroom for a bare bones stipped down model?
If Ertiga becomes as successful as predicted and eats into Innova's sales then it would be great for the consumer. Toyota would have to take the war to 2 hot selling cars which have both been launched recently, the Ertiga and the XUV500. Hope it forces them to price the Innova more competitively. In the end the consumer would be the one smiling.
Old 30th March 2012, 20:12   #369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Useable boot space is lesser than even the Maruti 800s with the 3rd row of seats in place. Good for a couple of small bags at the most:
Attachment 865663
Not sure if anybody pointed it out, but the third row occupants' heads are protected by only a thin sheet of glass. A rear end collision could be very dangerous.
Old 31st March 2012, 06:20   #370
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
Not sure if anybody pointed it out, but the third row occupants' heads are protected by only a thin sheet of glass. A rear end collision could be very dangerous.
I agree. Cars of these size are normally used as a city car for the family. Ertiga as a long distance car, with all 3 rows of passenger may not be a good idea, especially when it comes to safety.
Old 31st March 2012, 08:32   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
Well. Only a collison from Truck would affect that area. And when a truck rear ends, it doesn't matter what lies in between. Nevertheless, rear head rest will also be there in between :-).
Old 31st March 2012, 11:50   #372
BHPian

Spoke to Kalyani Motors. Bookings have started. Amount Rs. 10000.
mohan41 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2012, 17:46   #373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612 View Post
Well. Only a collison from Truck would affect that area. And when a truck rear ends, it doesn't matter what lies in between. Nevertheless, rear head rest will also be there in between :-).
That's if the head stays exactly against the headrest in a violent collision.

And also keep in mind any rollovers that might put the rear hatch against a solid surface.
Old 31st March 2012, 18:44   #374
Senior - BHPian

This safety issue is present in innova or xylo or for that matter with scorpio or safari in case of rear end collision with occupants.
I have witnessed a innova getting rear ended by a truck.
Old 1st April 2012, 01:46   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41
Spoke to Kalyani Motors. Bookings have started. Amount Rs. 10000.
Confusing reports from Delhi NCR. While Vipul Motors noida is accepting bookings (amount Rs 20,000), Vipul Gurgaon says no to bookings 'since the car is not officially launched'. No other dealer (I tried couple of more numbers) is accepting booking amount.

Anyone's got any more information?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks