Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2012, 12:15   #271
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrswift View Post
I am keenly awaiting the launch.
I plan to replace my swift, I cannot opt for bigger innova due to parking constraints.
The features that suit me best are, foldable 3rd row, adjustable 2nd row.
hope they do not price it high otherwise Ertiga will end up like the SX4, expensive and tepid response from customers.
You have options - real options in the SX4 price band and category. I think we do not have many real options in the extended hatchback space except for the Jazz. I'm will remain unsure if it fits in the Innova category until i see it in person.
I don't think we should except car like pricing at all on this one. But given that Maruti desparately needs a seller beyond the Dzire, am sure the pricing is going to be reasonable if not aggressive.
Old 22nd March 2012, 13:16   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Most Indian families are clearly looking for more than 5 seats in a car. A compact vehicle which can carry the parents, spouse and kids together will be much sought after.
Bang on target, at least in my case. I need an affordable 5 seat diesel that can be comfortable for highway use. If that last row of Ertiga turns out to be good for long distance travel..nothing like it. The ACI review has given me some hope. Can't wait for the official Team-BHP review.
Old 22nd March 2012, 18:43   #273
BHPian

comfortable 5 seater, occasional 7 seater seems to be something I keep hearing very often now a days, this is certainly in the same direction as Maruthi is, quality from Maruthi has always been good, eve from the Alto until the SX4. *** and network, well we need to even think about it, it has a D heart (which I guess will sell more than Petrol) and by basing it on the swift platform reuse is high. Technically is does not have a competitor (Innova, XYLO and Tavera) are too big ($, engine wise) and SUMO, bolero are not even in the same league. Duster and EcoSport are not 7 seaters, I guess they seem to have found a market that so far did not seem to have got any attention.

Now everything depends on the $, too high they will go the Aira way, too low (will they?), if they do a Figo! then well, there is no stopping for a while!
Old 23rd March 2012, 08:50   #274
BHPian

Maruti officially launches the Ertiga today with Sales starting in April-
DNA E-Paper - Daily News & Analysis -Mumbai,India

How hit is this going to be ? How different is it from a station wagon + add seats at the back ?
Old 23rd March 2012, 09:11   #275
AWD
BHPian

If the above news is true, Ertigas should go on display in showrooms today. Very surprising, everyone had 11th April in mind. Guess the budget made Maruti pre-empt the launch.
Old 23rd March 2012, 09:14   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnagpal View Post
Maruti officially launches the Ertiga today with Sales starting in April-

How hit is this going to be ? How different is it from a station wagon + add seats at the back ?
That's just mentioned on front page. Details on page 17 has nothing to mention on today's launch. EVen none of the autoblogs are aware of it.
What is happening here?
Old 23rd March 2012, 09:32   #277
BHPian

Just called Mandovi Motors, the person who answered my call said they have no information about this.
Old 23rd March 2012, 09:34   #278
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalaps View Post
That's just mentioned on front page. Details on page 17 has nothing to mention on today's launch. EVen none of the autoblogs are aware of it.
What is happening here?
In fact the detail on Page 17 talks of April 12 launch!

Here is the link:

Old 23rd March 2012, 10:22   #279
BHPian

Autocar's full review (test drive) is here:
Maruti Ertiga review, test drive - Review - Autocar India
Although not as full, but some details about driveability are updated :-).

Another test drive review (in the form of FAQs) is here:
http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...swered/12198/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
ACI review is up!

Maruti Ertiga review - Review - Autocar India

It does not look like they have actually driven it. The only new piece of information is the kerb weight, supposedly 1235kg for the diesel version and 1160kg for petrol.

Last edited by ajay0612 : 23rd March 2012 at 10:45. Reason: Updateing of links
ajay0612 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2012, 11:40   #280
BHPian

With all three rows in use, no space in boot for luggage. With the last row folded down flat to get some boot space, second row leg space will be similar to Polo. Dont see the point buying this vehicle as a weekender or for long trips.
Old 23rd March 2012, 12:22   #281
Distinguished - BHPian

A small portion from ACI report!
Quote:
The Ertiga will be sold in three variants each for both petrol and diesel models. Except the base petrol model all variants get ABS, while the top models also get driver and passenger airbags. Climate control is not available on any trim level, though middle- and top-spec cars do get twin air conditioners to help cool the large cabin
Details: Maruti Ertiga review, test drive - Review - Autocar India

A superb move by offering ABS in all variants except one!
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Those looking for rear seats in Ertiga should ask themselves this question - Who is going to use the rear seats ?
Kids & people who are <= 5ft tall! If you have short people in the middle row, space can be added in the last row I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
^^ The Innova also presents the same issue ; but adults happily go and sit in the rear without fuss.
Innova can seat people upto 5'5" comfortably at the back for long distance. A sliding middle row can help passengers further.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 23rd March 2012 at 12:26.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2012, 19:29   #282
Distinguished - BHPian

Ertiga in 6 variants to be launched on April12 th.

"Ertiga from Maruti Suzuki, will be launched in 6 variants – 3 petrol and 3 diesel trims. SVP shared this piece of information and some photographs on the Facebook Wall of the CnB page."

Maruti Ertiga to be launched in 6 variants on April 12
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2012, 23:59   #283
BHPian

Test Drive - Maruti Ertiga

Hi All,
I met the Suzuki official at the Sales counter and he allowed me to test drive the Etriga Zdi. There are a total of 13 cars available in various shades (White, Brick red, Sky Blue, Silky Silver, Black). I Dove the car for 4 kms which comprised of Highway & rough road. Initial Pick up of the car cannot be compared to Swift (Type II) but once it crosses 40kmph then its performance is in league with the Swift.

The gears have long throw while shifting. The car is stable at high speeds (Driven at 120 max) and on rough roads. It Socked the bumps well. We got a mileage of 23kmpl. The Seats are comfortable and Maruti has raised the seats height. I would says, its the most comfortable & spacious Family Car in India today.

The middle row has has lots of leg room and the seating angle can be adjusted. Access to the 3rd row is good. The rear seat is similar to the one found on the Scorpio. Its lacks support and its not suitable for a person with height > 5.8" due to less head room which is due to the rear curve design. The car has adequate boot space with all the seats up.

Here are some snaps clicked using mobile phone. Hope this information helps you . I am now thinking of booking the car. Already 17 cars have been booked as of today. I could see many tour operators flocking the showroom to book the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012-photo0043.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012-photo0042.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012-23032012361.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012-23032012359.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012-23032012358.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012-photo0035.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012-photo0040.jpg  

Maruti Ertiga 7-Seater : Auto Expo 2012-photo0041.jpg  

Gurudatta Nayak is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 24th March 2012, 00:26   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Test Drive - Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak View Post
The gears have long throw while shifting.
This is suprising since I expect the same gearbox from Swift / Dzire to go into this! Should NOT it be a slick shifting one?

Quote:
The middle row has has lots of leg room and the seating angle can be adjusted.
Does the middle row slide [forth & back]? From the pics, the middle row space seems to be just a bit more than Swift / Dzire!
Old 24th March 2012, 00:37   #285
Senior - BHPian

Re: Test Drive - Maruti Ertiga

Quote:
Hi All,
I met the Suzuki official at the Sales counter and he allowed me to test drive the Etriga Zdi.
Thanks for sharing the first impression. One quick observation: in the 5th picture, i can see the lever to flip the middle seat to enable access to the last row. This should not be available on the driver side door, as it is not very safe.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks