Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2012, 15:43   #1561
BHPian

Re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 L

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
the Renault website Renault, Renault Cars, Renault Car Manufacturer in India. simply doesn't come up. If they can't handle a few additional hits on their website I fail to understand how they can handle additional maintenance (Breakdown+Preventive) load due to Duster.
Really dont see the link here
It is like saying - if Mahindra can't handle so many XUV bookings, I wonder how their website will be able to handle so many hits.
amitwadhwa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 15:49   #1562
BHPian

Re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 L

At-last Relief.

Now I can wait for @GTO's review. Meanwhile as time permits, do a test drive or two.

Even though I am not impressed, I would presume that folks would be lining up already.

All the Best Renault !
Old 4th July 2012, 15:50   #1563
Senior - BHPian

Went and had a look at the duster. There was no TD vehicle so just sat down and felt it.

There was a guy 6 feet sitting at the drivers seat. This was his seating position
Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-04072012036.jpg

I was sitting behind him and this was my sitting position. I have to say not that comfortable I was.

Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-04072012037.jpg

The person who sits in the centre back seat also has to spread his legs as the a/c column wont let him stretch it. So not much of a 5 seater also
Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-04072012038.jpg

Boot space was ample. The dealer said he can fit one seat extra for 2k
Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-04072012031.jpg

the music system with aux in and usb also blue tooth connectivity with Steering mounted controls
Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-04072012035.jpg

The door trim
Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-04072012034.jpg
deky is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 15:51   #1564
Senior - BHPian

Am sure performance wise Duster "petrol" may not be of comparison to Adventure for sure, this is just a guess though as the numbers dont inspire.

meanwhile this vehicle is pretty heavy, 1740-1781kgs, it would be interesting to see how this vehicle is in terms of performance...

Lastly, i picked up a Safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
Oh Lohith. Why should you say that? Now I 'have' to buy Duster, as I couldn't let go of Fiat Adventure spiritually.
(OT alert) BTW. Did you get yourself Scorpio or Safari? I forgot,
Old 4th July 2012, 15:51   #1565
BHPian

Hi guys,
Just back from Khivraj Pearl Showroom in Chennai. Show room people were all teeth. Guess they have not seen this much crowds since they opened their showroom. Metro rail plonking their view did not help matters much either. Duster looks real good in flesh and the alloys look all muscle. I was initially sceptical about OE alloys, but this one really looks meaty, probably because of the low overall height of the vehicle.Car looks decent, but a tad outdated or quirky depending upon how you see it.
It might just be my opinion, but interior space is cramped compared to the Logan, especially with that obnoxiuos A/c thingy being positioned very awkwardly. Dont know what part of who's body Renault is trying to cool with that blower(People who go to the showroom and see the duster will surely agree with me.) Three people seated on back side will have to rub shoulders constantly, and God save the guy who is seated in the middle, as he has to face the brunt of A/c thingy blower also. In that aspect logan allows easier entry and egress for all the rear passengers. Other than that, it seems to be a no nonsense vehicle which goes about doing it's job without any fuss.
Demo vehicle is available for TD tomorrow, and I hope to be one among the first ones to try it, reason being, I have confirmed my booking for 85PS RXL with Option. I guess the alloys made me decide there itself.I have asked for Pearl white as my choice of colour. One minor thing for prospective buyers. I have seen at least 3 people confirming their booking out the 170 customers Khivraj claims to have paid the deposit, when I was in the showroom itself.
Neil Roy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 15:56   #1566
Team-BHP Support

Thanks .Anshuman for bringing in the Ertiga into the equation.

Just looking at quick mental comparison, the Ertiga completely trumps the Duster in every department. The Duster only has the higher ground-clearance working in its favour, and probably the SUV-charm/looks.

While the base price they've started with looks great, as you climb the ladder it starts to look a little bleak. That's when the Ertiga and possibly even the base Yeti look more like a value proposition.

The only way we can settle this is with a detailed driving impression. But even that should manage to tilt the favour heavily towards it, if it has to hold a candle to its competition it's dealing with. Which is quite possibly the entire list of cars within the 7-11 lakh bracket! Heck even the XUV that's a notch above!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
Boot space was ample. The dealer said he can fit one seat extra for 2k
Attachment 951002
If this is true, it will certainly helps its case. I'd imagined the Duster to be completely trumped courtesy the weird pricing strategy and variant-equipment.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 4th July 2012 at 16:16. Reason: typo
Old 4th July 2012, 15:58   #1567
BHPian

Looks like the 85 Bhp RxE is tailored for the taxi market. Grey interiors, black fabric for seats, no door fabric gives makes it suitable for the car-for-rent market.

Is this only being released in and around Delhi ? Did not see any other regions in the price list.

Waiting eagerly for a T-BHP official review for the verdict
Old 4th July 2012, 16:10   #1568
BHPian

If a 130 Euros (9k INR) Racechip can transform the 85HP version into a 110HP verson then why do I need to pay 1L+ for the 110HP version?

Chiptuning RaceChip - Renault Kangoo (II) 1.5 dCi 85 eco, 1461ccm, 63kW (ca.86PS)

It's the same engine. Just tuned differently. Even if I go in for a full feldged remap I can still save over 70k.
Cesc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 16:12   #1569
BHPian

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

Taking delivery of the Ertiga ZDi looks like a good decision, though the heart said Duster all this while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
If a 130 Euros (9k INR) Racechip can transform the 85HP version into a 110HP verson then why do I need to pay 1L+ for the 110HP version?

Chiptuning RaceChip - Renault Kangoo (II) 1.5 dCi 85 eco, 1461ccm, 63kW (ca.86PS)

It's the same engine. Just tuned differently. Even if I go in for a full feldged remap I can still save over 70k.

Suggest not to. The gearboxes are different based on torque handled.

Last edited by GTO : 5th July 2012 at 12:46. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 4th July 2012, 16:14   #1570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niv26 View Post
13.43 on road in Hyderabad, for RxZ + option pack.
The sales man is not sure about option pack contents, strange.
It's available for demo and test drive start in next couple of days.

I guess I can get innova-Gx for the same price, much better in every aspect.
On road price Safari GX/VX (Mumbai) is Rs12.8Lac/Rs14.xLac for 4X2. Add a lac more approx for 4X4... Suddenly Safari/Innova/Xuv are all value for money!!!
Old 4th July 2012, 16:23   #1571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
Hi guys,
One minor thing for prospective buyers. I have seen at least 3 people confirming their booking out the 170 customers Khivraj claims to have paid the deposit, when I was in the showroom itself.
Thanks for the update Neil, any info on how long the wait will be from booking to delivery and OTR in Chennai for 85 RxL diesel?
Old 4th July 2012, 16:25   #1572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwadhwa View Post
Really dont see the link here
It is like saying - if Mahindra can't handle so many XUV bookings, I wonder how their website will be able to handle so many hits.
The link is simple. It is hygiene to have a good website for any manufacturer. Show me one other Auto manufacturers' website which fails during a launch. Maintaining a website involves 2 good tech folks. Managing a good dealer support network involves 2000 people. Get the drift?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Taking delivery of the Ertiga ZDi looks like a good decision, though the heart said Duster all this while.
Ertiga and duster fall in two different categories. Ertiga is an MUV while Duster is a true SUV.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 4th July 2012 at 16:36. Reason: back to back posts
Old 4th July 2012, 16:27   #1573
BHPian

I never had a liking/interest for the Duster, but the pricing seems a tad high. Now lets see how the folks at Ford price the ecosport. I hope they don't do a "fiesta" on it. In all probability, the ecosport will have better handling, performance (petrol) and features than the duster.
Old 4th July 2012, 16:29   #1574
Senior - BHPian

Well, yes we dont like the pricing. But comparing it with Ertiga, even XUV? I think people dont need a tough SUV in that case How pricing can change the vehicle and its capabilities
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 16:38   #1575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
I have confirmed my booking for 85PS RXL with Option.
What is the OTR price of 85PS RXL with Option pack in Chennai? And also what is the OTR price of the topend RxZ and RxZ with Option pack?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks