Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2012, 03:37   #1456
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307

That's what I mean. UK and the rest of Europe could do without one. It's not an absolute necessity. The South of France can get hot during summer. Perhaps just as hot as Bangalore just before summer sets in. But in a place like India, it's an absolute necessity. Especially when one considers the price of the car. An 8 lakh car with no AC is just sacrilegious!

Is Renault hinting at a possible taxi-market? I don't think so, considering that the base variant would be a petrol. Fat chance! So I just can't find a reason why they'd skip on something like that for our market.
I also am skeptical about any immediate attention being given by Renault to the taxi market. On account of the baggage that the poor old logan carries, despite its effectiveness and efficiencies, not many people buy it for personal use.
Old 4th July 2012, 08:00   #1457
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

This is the Link for the live streaming of the Duster Launch.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 08:25   #1458
BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

GTO, with so much interest being generated by this thread, wonder why this hasn't made it to our home page under "Hot Threads"? Can we have this up there for the next 2-3 weeks? I am sure a lot more from our community will be benefited by this launch. or maybe we can start a new thread named "Renault Duster - Launch and Initial reviews"
r0ckstar.1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 09:19   #1459
Senior - BHPian

I think after the VW Polo, this is one vehicle that has generated so much of interest on T-BHP.

Renault has a nice , mostly positive, buzz going for their car. They better do a nice job of pricing it correctly so that majority of the people looking at the car find a reason to go for it.

The ball is surely in Renault's court - hope they don't score a self goal !
Old 4th July 2012, 09:27   #1460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
My observation is that if Renault were to launch the Duster with a 4x4, only a small percentage of the buying public would opt for it, whereas 95 percent of the junta at-large here will rant about it not being an option! Same with the automatic! Having said that, an A/T certainly figures right on top of my wish-list, with a 4x4 being desirable too. But I do find the rampant, speculative indignation mildly amusing.
There is nothing amusing about we not being given the choices we deserve (I am talking about AT, not the 4x4). I find many people suffering from health issues like knee pain and tiredness as a gift for driving in so called urban areas. The people involved in these situations wont find it amusing either. Driving manual cars promote aggressive driving in urban environments due to sheer number of shifts required. Its all about inertia and you would always want to maintain your current position. In an AT, these issues are taken care of, resulting in a pleasant driving experience for self and others. Also, would they have made such offerings in other developed countries? Localization shouldn't mean sub-standard offerings.
Old 4th July 2012, 11:12   #1461
BHPian

Well the day has finally come.I was expecting to see some ads in the papers.Sadly nothing was there today.Seems they are skimping on advertisements.Only seen one billboard in andheri area.
What happens if the duster becomes popular in the taxi market.Like the logan.Many dont buy the logan because of that reason.But then look at the innova.Its doing well in the private taxi business.And yet many use it for their personal use.
I was actually going to take an off from work just to check the duster out at the showrooms but sadly some urgent work came up.Have they updated anything on the website.I checked last night but found nothing new.
Old 4th July 2012, 11:14   #1462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitinz View Post

My Wishlist for Duster

1) Diesel Middle Variant 110 Bhp to be just under 10 Lakhs
2) which Includes ABS and Alloys
3) Delivery Period 3-4 weeks. not stretching to months like for Verna /XUV
4) Favourable Review from TBHP
My wish list also the same but I can manage with 85 BHP with 10L OTR

Last edited by Sowmya : 4th July 2012 at 11:19.
Old 4th July 2012, 11:24   #1463
BHPian

Looks like Duster will be on display at showrooms in the afternoon today onwards. No TD though. Got a call from Renault@Chennai. Tempted to go check it out today itself
Old 4th July 2012, 11:38   #1464

2012 renault duster suv compact utility vehicle launch for indian auto market petrol and diesel specs and brochure | Picture - 1 - Rush Lane

The brochure posted today of the variants on rushlane.

Ravi
Old 4th July 2012, 11:41   #1465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post
Well the day has finally come.I was expecting to see some ads in the papers.
====
I checked last night but found nothing new.
I was also going through newspapers , searched the net, nothing as come from renualt. Nothing on the Webpage, they should have atleast uploaded the specs

Maybe I am getting a bit impatient !!

Lets hope Renault comes up with a win -win formula for both itself and it's Would be Customers ....
Old 4th July 2012, 12:03   #1466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitinz View Post
I was also going through newspapers , searched the net, nothing as come from renualt. Nothing on the Webpage, they should have atleast uploaded the specs

Maybe I am getting a bit impatient !!

Lets hope Renault comes up with a win -win formula for both itself and it's Would be Customers ....
Well they have uploaded the variants with specs on their Renault India page. Source: Renault - specifications
Animesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 12:03   #1467
Senior - BHPian

starts at Rs. 7.19 lakhs
diesel starts at Rs. 7.99 lakhs
top end (diesel) Rs. 11 lakhs

Last edited by StarScream : 4th July 2012 at 12:10.
StarScream is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 12:09   #1468

I kinda do dislike facebook now. Had not logged onto fb since Jan this year,but i did now only to watch the launch
But sad to know the link aint working.
Old 4th July 2012, 12:13   #1469
BHPian

Renault Duster Petrol

Renault Duster RxE – 7.19 lakhs
Renault Duster RxL – 8.19 lakhs

Renault Duster Diesel

Renault Duster RxE – 7.99 lakhs
Renault Duster RxL 85 PS – 8.99 lakhs
Renualt Duster RxL 110 PS – 9.99 lakhs
Renault Duster RxZ 110 PS – 10.99 lakhs & 11.29 lakhs with the option pack

Still waiting for the price of RXL 85 + Option Pack

Read more: Renault Duster launched at 7.19 lakhs

[EDIT - Uploading image courtesy IAB]

Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-renaultdusterwithmrlencurranandmrmarcnassif.jpg

Last edited by designersf : 4th July 2012 at 12:30.
designersf is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 12:14   #1470
dot
Senior - BHPian

For those who are interested to see the Duster launch live, here is a link.

https://www.facebook.com/Renault.co....81544738643702
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks