Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2012, 17:49   #1366
Senior - BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Blacked out B-pillars would haven completed the look IMO.
Blacking out pillars would require plastic inserts/trim which will push the cost up. It was pointed out by someone that even the boot door/opening has exposed metal without plastic cladding. But yes, blacking out pillars can have dramatic effect and car an actually look sleeker and longer.
Old 1st July 2012, 19:30   #1367
BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

One thing which is lacking in Duster's interior is Front Armrests.
Front armrests are necessity for a vehicle of this segment,
especially when they are available in Scorpio & Safari.
Masses will be comparing Duster with so called SUV's.
Old 1st July 2012, 19:45   #1368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.s.r
You can get a universal armrest from ebay for about 1300/- and can mount it above the handbrake.

I do not think its a deciding factor or even a very important factor when buying a car.
Old 1st July 2012, 21:00   #1369
BHPian

Check out the detailed text of Reviews by Autocar & BSM, which are attached as PDF files, on the Renault website. this appears to be what's come in their magazine's respective print editions.
There's a fair bit more of detailed info compared to their on-line versions of the same.
Curiously, both the blokes who wrote came up similar titles with puns on dusting the competition
http://220.226.4.67/renualtdynamic/n...uly%202012.pdf
&
http://220.226.4.67/renualtdynamic/n...uly%202012.pdf

If one discounts the usual 'white-washing' factor by the journos,
what does come about is :
The 85 BHP is good value for money, not so far behind the 108 bhp version.
Best ride quality "in its class" - the flat ride & ability to swallow potholes has been commented on by both.
Comfortable cabin
Not so good ergonomics
Not so good plastics.
Not so good under-thigh support for rear seat for chaps above 5'10"

Last edited by Rigid Rotor : 1st July 2012 at 21:11.
Rigid Rotor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2012, 21:08   #1370
Senior - BHPian

A feeble attempt at making the B & C pillars black. May be one can get some stickers and do it as DIY job.

Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-duster.jpg

A side by side comparison
Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-duster2.png

Last edited by pjbiju : 1st July 2012 at 21:20.
pjbiju is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 1st July 2012, 22:00   #1371
MAS
Senior - BHPian

@Damodar - Thank you for the neat pictures of the Duster. The car looks good in White and I would be grateful if you post any Silver Duster pictures. These are the first Indian pictures without camouflage.

@pjbiju - Wonderful PS. The Duster looks bigger with the blacked out B-Pillars. This will be the first modification that many will carry out.

Ecosport, suddenly looks a tad too small. Ford has to pick up the pace now and launch the car earlier.
Old 1st July 2012, 22:22   #1372
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
It I have booked the Duster on 20th June itself as I hope to be the early bird. I just hope renault wont dissapoint me
Hi I registered in Renault website for test drive and got a call from dealer saying that launch will be on 4th July and wil call after thy get test drive car.

Do let me know if you get any info on price or test drive
Old 1st July 2012, 22:25   #1373
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Wonderful!

Looks really nice and purposeful.
Am very glad indeed that the vehicle ' in the flesh' seems to live up to every bit of its promise!

Sincerely wish Renault a lot of good luck with their sales and I also hope that they see significant success with this vehicle, which in turn causes them to seriously consider bringing in the specced-up version with all possible safety kit, 4WD and other bells and whistles to India.

Looks also that we will have a good number of Dusters on TBHP!
Old 1st July 2012, 23:03   #1374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_fan View Post
You can get a universal armrest from ebay for about 1300/- and can mount it above the handbrake.

I do not think its a deciding factor or even a very important factor when buying a car.
I have not mentioned that its a deciding factor.Armrest is certainly not a deciding factor, but puny sales,service network & availability of service can be and after market armrest is no where close to OEM fitting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
A feeble attempt at making the B & C pillars black. May be one can get some stickers and do it as DIY job.
Thanks for the attempt.It is indeed looking better with black pillars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Ecosport, suddenly looks a tad too small. Ford has to pick up the pace now and launch the car earlier.
I agree Duster looks more appealing as of now than Ecosport,lets wait for the launch.Ford should launch the car before Diwali.
Old 1st July 2012, 23:18   #1375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Finally got to see the duster today some pictures
Nice photographs!!!

One odd thing i noticed was that the ORVM covers, door handles are silver on all the cars. I find that odd, neither black nor body colored.

I wonder if the getting the body colored ones are part of the upgrade package.
Old 1st July 2012, 23:21   #1376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.s.r View Post
fyi the Scorpio LX which retails at about 8.4lakhs ex showroom does not have armrests. In fact even the door pads dont have an arm rest moulding

Last edited by GTO : 3rd July 2012 at 13:17. Reason: PM coming up
Old 1st July 2012, 23:53   #1377
BHPian

Uploading some pictures of the pimped one's. Source Internet.

Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-daciadustertuning.jpg
Bumpers have to be body coloured.I have blackened the pillars.
Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-elia_ag_dacia_duster_01.jpg
Black isn't bad either.
Name:  Dacia_Duster_Elia_03 2011.jpg
Views: 15120
Size:  63.5 KB
Pimped by ELIA tuning.
Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-essenmotor.jpg
Another one in White.
h.s.r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2012, 07:54   #1378
Senior - BHPian

Online ads of Renault Duster are surfacing all over.
Nice ad though showing a lot of people crying with a message
"our apologies to everyone who just bought a sedan"

It is good alternative to sedans especially in the Indian context. Hopefully renault doesn't screw up the pricing.
Old 2nd July 2012, 08:58   #1379
BHPian

Nice pictures Damodar, the paint quality looks very good in picture, the only thing I failed to notice is the dead padel, is it not there or I could not pick it in picture?
Old 2nd July 2012, 09:38   #1380
Senior - BHPian

Great Pictures! The more I see it, the more I like it. It's a pity that it's not a 7 seater or else, it would have been my next SUV. I am falling in love with chocolate color esp. Maruti's Baker's chocolate and Renault's version of the choco lava!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks