Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2012, 13:59   #1516
BHPian

Re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 L

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
For utility purpose, the cheaper Ertiga is better or the hugely practical Innova at slightly higher premium looks like a better deal to me.
Mr Anshuman, you just said my words in much better way. In terms of price, the base diesel model RxE comes closer to Ertiga VDi. In terms of equipment, base Duster is way behind of Ertiga VDi. Only thing that we are getting - 16inch shoes , SUV looks and world (?) model. But, equipments that we are missing in Duster (compare to Ertiga VDi) come in huge list - ABS, ICE, Rear AC, Trip computer etc etc.

Phew....Renault, you have lost the game

Last edited by mohandas : 4th July 2012 at 14:08.
Old 4th July 2012, 13:59   #1517
BHPian

Re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandy1981 View Post
Comparing 85 RxL to XUV W6 on price, the Duster is / might be cheaper by about 1 to 1.5l ex-showroom chennai. This to me seems like a great price advantage.
Totally unfair comparison. How can one compare two distinctly different automobiles just on price? XUV ..140bhp 330Nm@1600-2800rpm.. Come on..
sheelapratosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 14:01   #1518
Senior - BHPian

Again we are witnessing over confident pricing by Renault. The car is certainly overpriced. Ertiga offers good practicality at a lower price. Moving up, we have Formidable rivals like Xylo and Innova. Those who are buying 4X4 will have option of Scorpio ( which is well known/proven in our market ). As a people mover with practicality, the trio of Ertiga, Innova and Xylo simply beat the Duster hollow. Ecosport will be another product which will give tough competition to Duster. Renault is still living under impression that India is "Third World".

Wrong pricing, not so great safety rating because its rated at 3/5 stars at EuroNCAP. Cars like Swift, i20, Punto are 5/5, ritz, SX4 score 4/5. We have better products which offer more for less.

Renault has brought in the petrol engine so that they can price diesel version higher.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 14:09   #1519
Senior - BHPian

It would be very interesting to see the reactions of the early adopters, i.e. the folks who have already booked it [as per some posts a few pages back]. Will they ask for a refund, or is the Duster still a VFM proposition for them?

Looking forward to their updates.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 4th July 2012, 14:10   #1520
BHPian

I believe that pricing is practical and nothing to be brick battering about, though i will not say it as VFM, which unfortunately was the tag line of the SUV.

Waiting for a TD and then take a call. I am interested for the barebones RxE 85bhp
Old 4th July 2012, 14:11   #1521
BHPian

Duster just slipped out of my budget. I was hoping to get the 85PS+Option Pack at ~10.5L OTR Bangalore. Will have to go back to sedans now.
Old 4th July 2012, 14:13   #1522
Senior - BHPian

Expected prices, good starting price, but they have messed up on the variants. The first 2 or three variants just do not have the basic features that have become the norm with 10 lakh+ cars.
Will Nissan do a "Rapid" with the duster now?
Old 4th July 2012, 14:14   #1523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelapratosh View Post
Totally unfair comparison. How can one compare two distinctly different automobiles just on price? XUV ..140bhp 330Nm@1600-2800rpm.. Come on..
Okie, if that is so, then what are the offerings currently in the market that can be compared to the Duster. I have been seeing comments comparing the value of Duster to sedans and MUVs.

On the power front, yep the XUV engine is powerful, but its also a bigger and heavier vehicle that might require such a plant. I guess we will have to wait and see the driveability and decide if Duster is under-powered or not. Assuming thats the point you were going for, else if its, for this price point need a more powerful engine, can't comment on that.

Since this is a urban suv that needs to be furgal as well.
Old 4th July 2012, 14:15   #1524
BHPian

Re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lac

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
If they are able to squash in 4WD and price it at 14 on Road Bangalore, then that would be great. Quite unlikely though, Im thinking, given this pricing!
Imagine how outrageous would be cost of a 4x4 when its eventually launched. I think a Yeti 4x4 would easily be the better option then.
Old 4th July 2012, 14:21   #1525
Senior - BHPian

The entry pricing is good but somehow feel the next available variant which is it a 1LAKH premium seems to be a bit steep. there could have been a greater spread.

it almost looks as if, Renault is just using the entry variant as a hook for people to check out the car and force them to go for the next variant by shelling out 1 lakh ( because most people wont go for the bare bones basic anyways ).

anyways, its better to comment once you check out the cars in person. The Rxe does look like a good deal in comparison to the Scorpio LX ( which retails at 8.4 lakhs ex showroom ).

have seen the LX interiors - the plastics are pathetic and the door pads dont even have a arm rest or bottle holders. the only pluses in my view are
1) superb front end looks ( presence )
2) 3rd row ( atleast option to seat more than 5 )
3) mhawk

the 85hp DCI will be atleast 30% more efficient than the Scorpio, its a monocoque - so better stability , interiors cant be worse than the Scorpio, and its cheaper by 40k

just my humble views - Scorpio owners/fans - no offense
Old 4th July 2012, 14:23   #1526
Senior - BHPian

Renault Duster launched

Renault Duster launched today and Carwale indicates prices in the following link.
Renault Duster in India - Prices, Reviews & Photos - CarWale
Old 4th July 2012, 14:23   #1527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Expected prices, good starting price, but they have messed up on the variants. The first 2 or three variants just do not have the basic features that have become the norm with 10 lakh+ cars.
Will Nissan do a "Rapid" with the duster now?
I guess Renault have been doing a 'Rapid' to Nissan. Would Nissan do it? May be if Duster sells in big numbers, which at the current pricing, I doubt it will.
If I buy, probably 85PS+Option pack would be the one. Though I know that it is priced higher by 75K at least.
Old 4th July 2012, 14:25   #1528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
The marketing guy said these introductory prices and asks the customers to hurry up. That means, this prices are going up. Looks 60k to 80k higher than what I hoped for. :(
He is doing his job.
As I see the prices will come down by virtue of discounts in about six months from now.

I just hope Ford does not learn from Renault in this case, else another excitement will wither away (just like this one).
Old 4th July 2012, 14:26   #1529
Senior - BHPian

Where on earth can one get the trim-wise specs and features? Someone please help me with this.
Old 4th July 2012, 14:27   #1530
Senior - BHPian

85 PS + Option Pack = Base version with 110 PS

9.99L for the 85+Opt is at least 75000 more than what I was hoping. Guess the Renault dream has ended here.

Back to pre-owned cars.
normally_crazy is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks