Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2015, 10:20   #496
Senior - BHPian

Re: Legal Alternatives to Sun Film

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Guys, Please help. All around the window glass on the inside is thick plastic or aluminium trim - no metal. To what do the magnets stick?
Most 'aam janta' cars have exposed metal at the borders up top and sides which is where these are meant to stick on to.
Which car? take a picture of your window door frame so we can tell you if it'll work or not.
Old 28th March 2015, 17:04   #497
BHPian

If someone has to challenge this SC interpretation, what would be the process?
Old 29th March 2015, 10:10   #498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
Hi Maky,

Any idea if this acceptable to cops in Bombay ? they are pretty strict on the case of sun films. I was pulled up once and fined 100 bucks for the regular sun film on my wagon R
Alright, Over the past few days I went past many RTO at a slow pace to check if they'd stop me. Blasted music to make sure I get their attention : P & nothing.....
Yesterday however, I was stopped by the traffic police for breaking a signal and I thought I'd ask them directly about my sunshades. They said they cannot fine me for sunshade as it's not against the law, currently.

So there you go guys! feel free to stick these on if you want .
Maky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2015, 10:33   #499
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Not a lawyer, but I guess, through a Public interest litigation.
Old 29th March 2015, 12:09   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
I have just ordered a set of 6 for my Innova from Ebay seller: rajatshoppershub
I received my set of 6 and I am not at all impressed with them.
1) Front 2 are unusable,since they impair visibility. So both are lying in the back of my innova.
2) Middle 2 are okay and have clung on to the frame. I would have preferred a fit that would place them within the window, rather than coming out of the window. However the door closes properly and it is workable.
3) Last row windows fit is bad and they don't stay on, due to lack of any metal around it.I couldn't find any magnets in the shade too. I had to put on the old 'signal sold' shades with suction over the new shades for them to stay on. I will post pictures to depict more clearly.

All in all, was it for 500, it would have been money's worth.

I was better off with the 'signal sold' shades with suction as they had more 'sun blocking' effect than the new magnet types ones.
riteshritesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2015, 13:10   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post

SC will not review the order. Only upto central government to modify motor vehicles act. SC has only stated what is written in the act and not passed any other rule. It has only asked for the existing law to be vigorously implemented.
Old 29th March 2015, 17:09   #502
BHPian

Last evening I went for sunshades enquiry. I got some information about Nanoshield coating for glasses which absorbs UV & IR rays. They spray some liquid on the glass & let it dry for few minutes. Once the liquid is dried some 2 micron level layer is left on glass. The technology is called STAY KOOL. For more information visit www.stay-kool.net. If anyone had used it before please let me know your feedback. It costs 11k+ for a sedan.
Old 30th March 2015, 11:07   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poloprasad View Post
Last evening I went for sunshades enquiry. I got some information about Nanoshield coating for glasses which absorbs UV & IR rays. They spray some liquid on the glass & let it dry for few minutes. Once the liquid is dried some 2 micron level layer is left on glass. The technology is called STAY KOOL. For more information visit www.stay-kool.net. If anyone had used it before please let me know your feedback. It costs 11k+ for a sedan.
Here you go.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...e-sunfilm.html

That gentleman seems to have had a good experience.
Mad Max is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2015, 11:38   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
I received my set of 6 and I am not at all impressed with them......the new magnet types ones.
Here are the pictures for the jugaad for the Innova last row screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Legal Alternatives to Sun Film-image.jpg  

Legal Alternatives to Sun Film-image-1.jpg  

Old 20th May 2015, 21:28   #505
BHPian

hello folks

i saw this V Square Car Curtains selling for around 1000 bucks

http://www.greendust.com/Car-Accesso...aiem3qi3l13ed6

1) There is no detail on how to can be attached to the car window. Has anyone seen this or used this? Does this have a magnet or clip to hold to the glass's top edge?

2) i have seen posts above stating "sunshades" do _not_ attract traffic violation. I don't know if a car curtain can be called as "sunshade" and also avoid fines?

regards
Rajesh

P.S.
Facts that i notice with sunshade vs sun control film also mentioned in some other previous posts:
1) These fixtures need to be removed when you need to bring down window glass (even perhaps when crossing cops who are vigilantly looking for visibility violation)
2) They are not convenient and may fall off often.
3) may cause noise or vibration especially if they have magnets / metal parts.
Old 25th May 2015, 07:04   #506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
SC has only stated what is written in the act and not passed any other rule. It has only asked for the existing law to be vigorously implemented.
I agree. No matter how much people may try to wriggle around this, it is what it is, the SC hasn't brought in something over and above what is in the existing law and rules.
Go against this ruling if you will, but be prepared to accept the consequences if they arise. As long as you are willing to do that, anything goes.
Old 30th May 2015, 17:37   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea how effective it is? Also, I checked their website and they don't seem to have any centres in Delhi/NCR. So, are there any alternatives like that in Delhi?
Old 3rd June 2015, 12:17   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ911 View Post
Any idea how effective it is? Also, I checked their website and they don't seem to have any centres in Delhi/NCR. So, are there any alternatives like that in Delhi?
Hello BHPian

Please read the review on the product below

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...sunfilm-3.html

Please fill the enquiry form to know the availability in your region

http://stay-kool.net/contactus.html

Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 16:30   #509
BHPian

Quote:
The technology is called STAY KOOL. For more information visit www.stay-kool.net. If anyone had used it before please let me know your feedback. It costs 11k+ for a sedan.
I drive an fludic Elantra which comes pre-fitted with a solar glass (cheesy!). The big idea from Hyundai here is that the glass will block harmful UV rays from entering the cabin and also keeps the cabin cool - which it generally does. All six pieces of glass including the one at the front is a solar glass.

Now the problem with Elantra is the sloping roof at the back. And when you are out on a hot afernoon you get the feeling that sun god is mocking at your rear solar glass. The heat singes rear passengers' backs and no solar glass or a STAYKOOL spray might save them from THAT!

I am desperately looking for reviews from fellow forum members who drive an Elantra and have found a robust, tenable solution (could be a sun shade) for this problem. Thanks.
Old 28th December 2015, 21:01   #510
BHPian

Guys,

I travel a lot (6k km a month - mostly day time), and since the removal of sun films, my complexion was clearly changed from white to brown, and my right hand has now changed to a totally different colour.

I travelled today in the afternoon for 2 hours on the highway, reached home at 5.30 PM. It is 9.00PM now as I write this post, and I COULD STILL FEEL THE BURNING SENSATION ON MY HANDS AND FACE.

Yes. Literally this is how much I'm getting affected by our government's stupid rules.

Now, this is really getting annoying. I have tried all sorts of alternatives, sticky shades, magnetic sun shades etc. But, nothing is working out for me.

I'm thinking to go with the clear tints that 3M used to have (CR-70). It is a completely clear tint. Even that is illegal? Need your advice on this please.

I'm really worried about getting some sort of skin cancer very soon because of this radiation exposure (Already the skin on the right hand became very dry and lifeless.) I can't risk myself anymore to this.

Also, I would like to find out a way to file a case against the Government if something happens to me because of this stupid idiotic rules

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks