Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2013, 16:45   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Surprise: Honda testing 2013 CR-V in India *EDIT* Now launched from 19.95 Lakhs

The black plate which you find near fuel valve contains the installer information thats the clue, I have not seen this plate on new Wagon-R, but is it same for other Maruti CNG vehicles. Please share this information.
Old 22nd February 2013, 19:21   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Surprise: Honda testing 2013 CR-V in India *EDIT* Now launched from 19.95 Lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
I am really looking forward to test driving the new CRV. I have been using the prev gen (currently selling before the facelift) 2.4L model for 3.5 years now. I love the car but it does have its constraints.
I hope the following have been rectified in the new model:

2. The gearbox in the prev CRV was the reason why many called the Auto transmission a slushbox. Was not smooth at all and the jerks on every upshift was compromising performance. The D3 button was a nice party trick and does help in while braking from high speeds. Also useful for a quick overtake. Overall though, a very disappointing gearbox.

4. A dud between 2000 and 3000rpm but its not that long before it goes past 3000rpm and the car is accelerating aggressively forward. I hope the added 20BHP and torque will keep it rev happy always.
5. Cost of parts are very high and barely available in stock with the dealerships. Including glass for the side view mirrors.
6. Its ability to function somewhat decently off-road. Soft suspension leads the car to sag in the rear when the boot is filled with luggage. Does keep the nose up. Ive read that the suspension platform is shared with the Civic. Why not the accord?!

What I hope it retains:
1. The 2.4L CRV had mindblowing "off the block" pace. Climb a speed breaker and start acceleration, ive matched up to many german sedans including the likes of 5-series and the A6. This lasts up until u shift from 2nd to 3rd. After that the others start to get ahead. Nevertheless, it can match up to most if not any car produced in india in terms of mere "pick-up". Easily climbs upto 170km/hr on the highway without a sweat. Ive managed to sneak into 190 km/hr.
Wow, that's very candid and informative review of the vehicle.
What one feels about the vehicle after years of usage across various terrains and situations is far more important than the test drive and first drive reports.

Cheers!
Old 24th February 2013, 22:43   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Lol. It is after all "The Dahli". This is pure conjecture but not surprised if some of these chaps have picked up second hand cars at half the price, then converting to CNG to ensure running cost is within budget. All of this to make sure they're getting off from a bigger car than their neighbours.

No offence to any Delhi lovers - just in the lighter vein. I've spent many many years in both these cities and they're both home to me.
Sorry mods for OT -
Again the flame game - I don't blame the city. It is the people that make it. The most subscribed CNG retro-fitment thread is of @frankmehta and his CIVIC from amchi Mumbai. Pre-worshipped, now pampered, ICE upgrade with CNG retro'ed. Beautiful.

And I also don't blame CNG. It is actually fear of the unknown that makes petrolheads bash alternate fuels. The retrofitted car can always run on petrol for a marginal 50-60 kg increase in laden weight.

CNG'd fellows also are also the FIRST ones to offer a lift home, a drive-around, a drink here-and-there, a night-out (they figure pumps are anyways empty & queueless at night). They make great buddies
spinfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2013, 08:34   #169
Senior - BHPian

Did anyone checked out what are Bangalore OTR prices, This Saturday i need to give my Civic for servicing and possibly then i would would take a look at this car.

The way i see it, if its offering me similar or same features as compared to Fortuner with 3-4L less then why not. At the moment the only thing that looks an eye sore is lack of third row and low GC.

Someone spoke about Q3, maybe i will take a look at that too, is the spec sheet similar to CRV?
Old 26th February 2013, 09:10   #170
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Did anyone checked out what are Bangalore OTR prices, This Saturday i need to give my Civic for servicing and possibly then i would would take a look at this car.

The way i see it, if its offering me similar or same features as compared to Fortuner with 3-4L less then why not. At the moment the only thing that looks an eye sore is lack of third row and low GC.
25.45 for 2.0L MT and 26.58 for the 2.0L AT. It's 1.5 lakhs lesser than the Fortuner 2WD MT and AT respectively.

Quote:
Someone spoke about Q3, maybe i will take a look at that too, is the spec sheet similar to CRV?
The Q3 ex-showroom is 27.4L which is 7L above the CR-V 2.0MT. Which means on-road will be around 33-34L.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2013, 09:16   #171
BANNED

Have the test drives started yet? The Local dealer has the car on display but has no idea about test drive dates.
Old 26th February 2013, 15:43   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Have the test drives started yet? The Local dealer has the car on display but has no idea about test drive dates.
Ditto in my city too. Not a single vehicle is available for a look or TD. The sales guy promised me one by Feb end which has now become 1st week of March. Hope they get a vehicle soon at the dealership in my city lest tentative bookings get cancelled!
Old 26th February 2013, 16:03   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by abs182 View Post
Ditto in my city too. Not a single vehicle is available for a look or TD. The sales guy promised me one by Feb end which has now become 1st week of March. Hope they get a vehicle soon at the dealership in my city lest tentative bookings get cancelled!
Deliveries have started in Bangalore. Saw a couple of em on the road over the last one week.
Old 26th February 2013, 17:38   #174
Senior - BHPian

Looks like deliveries have started full swing in Chennai too! Saw the all new one in white outside Citi Centre today. Looks light years ahead of the old one and definitely one of the best looking urban SUVs around.

I would buy one in a flash if it came with a diesel and 7 seats!
Old 26th February 2013, 20:34   #175
BHPian

I test drove the New CR-V 2.0 Manual. Overall the car is smooth but there are certain things I didn't like in this version.
1. The engine is a bit loud.
2. The NVH levels are very high. You hear a lot of road noise as well as engine growl.
3. The rear seats are not at all comfortable. The under thigh support is not good. My friend is 5.6 and he was not feeling comfortable at all. The seats recline a bit but still doesn't add to comfort. Even the front seats are average.
4. The doors of the car does not feel as solid and heavy as other cars in this segment. Not expecting German quality but still they should have worked on sheet metal quality.

Rest the vehicle is good. The gear box is very slick.
rahul016 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 12:34   #176
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to the very poor 170mm ground clearance of the CR-V, it is not classified as a SUV by the new Govt. classification. Either Honda knew this and put the figure of 170mm or they were just plain lucky and skimmed in by a whisker.

What's even more strange is that Times of India has mentioned that Civic will now be a SUV but they did not mention the CR-V anywhere.

The Civic and CR-V have the same ground clearance of 170mm
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2013, 19:14   #177
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Thanks to the very poor 170mm ground clearance of the CR-V, it is not classified as a SUV by the new Govt. classification. Either Honda knew this and put the figure of 170mm or they were just plain lucky and skimmed in by a whisker.

What's even more strange is that Times of India has mentioned that Civic will now be a SUV but they did not mention the CR-V anywhere.

The Civic and CR-V have the same ground clearance of 170mm
Finally something good due to CR-V 's poor ground clearance!!
But the Civic's higher on paper ground clearance is just another case of weird measurements.

As i had earlier stated in a post, a Lancer is higher off the ground than a tavera!!
Also a City is higher above the ground than a CR-V!!
Old 2nd March 2013, 17:34   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
25.45 for 2.0L MT and 26.58 for the 2.0L AT. It's 1.5 lakhs lesser than the Fortuner 2WD MT and AT respectively.
Just checked the Autocar the 2.4 AWD version will cross 30L, which is sad. Outlander at 25L, Fortuner at 28L.

In comparison XUV and Storme at ~18, and Rexton at about 24.5.

So many options but i still feel we are missing a serious competition to the Fortuner.
Old 5th March 2013, 13:31   #179
Senior - BHPian

Had given my CRV to the service station and spent a lot of time with the new CRV which was on display. No TD was available but Ive got my name registered for the 2.4 AWD TD. The model on display was a white 2.0 Litre Manual transmission CRV.

Overall, the car is a huge improvement from what I've got. The dashboard and in general the cockpit seems very well laid out. Fit and finish looks good. I was a bit apprehensive about the driver position which seemed a bit too high for my liking despite lowering the electric adjustment all the way to the bottom. The steering had a very good meaty feeling to it and has shrunk in diameter compared to the one they gave me in my CRV. Buttons have a good feel to it and the overall layout is very contemporary in true Honda fashion.

The rear seat thigh support as a fellow TBHP member has noted, has been poor in the previous gen CRV's too. You feel like you could fall off the car as the bolstering doesnt seem enough. The front seats however are a class apart. Excellent back and under thigh support and you tend to sink into the seat with the side bolsters hugging onto you perfectly. They have gone for a common arm rest which I didnt like as the individual arm rests for the front seat were a lot better in the older model.

As mentioned by others, the car doesnt look overly bulgy in the back when seen in person and it seems to fit well with the entire design. The front is very good looking and the grill (which was a lose and fragile piece in the older model) has good solid feel to it. It is however, prone to stone chips and other things that fly at your vehicle on the highway. I was a bit disappointed to see the black plastic/fibre trim n the bottom half of the bumper as it seems like it would fade and look beige after a years run in. The surface being too rough which means polishing and other enhancements will not help keep it look tidy. The headlights look really good and comes with Day time running lights as far as I could guess.

One feature that really caught my eye was the one touch rear folding seats. Its a mechanical adjustment but on the lift of a switch (located in the boot), the head rests rise up and the entire seats fold down to give you a full flat rear space. Quite trendy but these have been available in german hatchbacks for decades now.

As rahul016 mentioned, if they havent gotten rid of the annoying NVH and tyre noise it is going to be a big drawback of the car. It is just way too noisy on our Highways.

I think for people who arent going to care about economy too much. The new CRV is a winner, I was really tempted to trade in my old one. I have taken a few pictures but feel it inappropriate to post them before we get the elusive TD report from our moderators. So im holding on to them.
Old 5th March 2013, 13:48   #180
BHPian

There was a post recently by EDDY in the official reviews section called Honda CRV review, this post was soon moved and then became inaccessible after some time. Is the MOD team working on a review?.

Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks