Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2013, 11:55   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Surprise: Honda begins testing the 2013 CR-V in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Petrol variant Honda again.

Add a diesel mill HONDA and sell the petrol too. I don't understand how long are they going to keep saying that the Diesel fuel in India is adulterated and it will harm their engines.
It's not so much adulteration as the sulfur content of our diesel. The 2.2 i-DTEC is an engine designed for Euro 5 emissions norms and needs ultra-low sulfur diesel. That is not available here.

That is also one reason why we get a stripped down 1.5l diesel and not the global 1.6l Earth Dreams engine. Too much of an effort for Honda to make the 2.2l diesel run on our fuel for annual sales of a few hundred cars at best (Accord and CR-V combined).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigyy View Post
Exactly my thoughts too, with the planned upping of Rs. 10/- to be undertaken by the Indian govt on diesel this year, i guess Honda would be too late to jump on the diesel bandwagon.

Honda without a doubt rules the roost when it comes to Petrol (IMO), i have always suggested people to go for a honda if petrol is what they are looking for & the looks of the new CR-V are absolutely stunning to say the least. This new launch should have been plonked with a diesel mill to do the duty. Sadly this stunning new vehicle from Honda may well end up being just another launch in this diesel biased Indian auto industry.
Even if diesel is priced on par with petrol, it'll still be the preferred engine choice for the CR-V (or for any other car, for that matter) because of its higher efficiency, hence too late will not matter, IMO.
Old 16th January 2013, 20:47   #47
BANNED

Petrol engines when compared to diesels are less efficient and costlier in the long run.

It does make sense for cars in the SUV ranges have a diesel engine else the mileage will be pathetic. Sizes greater than the UV segment must sport a diesel engine to save our pockets.

Diesels with their high low end torque get driveability better and better efficiency so people still prefer the diesels.

I have many swift owners who hardly drive their cars but have a VDi variant. When asked why a diesel when not much usage I get only one reply "Diesels are cheaper and full tank comes at a lesser cost. Even ladies can drive the car too as it is easy".

Anurag.
Old 16th January 2013, 21:00   #48
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

I have many swift owners who hardly drive their cars but have a VDi variant. When asked why a diesel when not much usage I get only one reply "Diesels are cheaper and full tank comes at a lesser cost. Even ladies can drive the car too as it is easy".

Anurag.
That is what we call herd mentality. You should also ask about the premium they paid for the diesel engine. Low running has no advantage in a diesel , better to avoid the diesel clatter at least.

And diesel cars are more difficult to drive,(relatively) heavier clutch, notchy gears and turbo lag can cause a problem for the fairer sex
Old 16th January 2013, 21:11   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
IAB site reports that, in an interview with Jnaneswar Sen, Senior vice-president, sales and marketing, Honda Cars India, it is confirmed that the all new CR-V will be launched in India in the month of February.
It will be available in petrol variant only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Will be launched in February 2013.

Full import, no CKD.

Petrol only, no diesel.
The tweeting birdie was spot on, about a month back.

---------------------------------------------

Honda India has started the official section for the new CR-V on it's website.

Surprise: Honda testing 2013 CR-V in India *EDIT* Now launched from 19.95 Lakhs-untitled.gif

http://www.hondacarindia.com/crv14012013/index.aspx
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2013, 12:00   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Ahem, I found a rather interesting point in the said report:

"Honda India has rationalized its pricing for existing models vis-à-vis the competition to compensate the lack of a diesel option"..

So, are they going to price it sensibly, like they did before getting carried away by over- confident self assessment of their brand value?

Last edited by Yeldo : 17th January 2013 at 12:03.
Old 18th January 2013, 09:31   #51
BHPian

Honda planning to locally assemble the new CR-V to keep prices in check.

See this link in ET: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/18069056.cms
Old 18th January 2013, 11:25   #52
Senior - BHPian

Looks interesting, anyone has any idea on spec? With Petrol price dropped today and looks like Diesel prices will be raised i am starting to wonder would it be a good idea to start considering petrol SUV as well.

Waiting for this launch and the launch of proper 2013 Outlander. Lets see by then the fuel pricing policy would have ironed out a bit.
Old 18th January 2013, 11:40   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Looks interesting, anyone has any idea on spec?
Same as the old CR-V - 2.0L petrol & 2.4L petrol.

Date of launch is February 12th, 2013.
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th January 2013, 15:26   #54
Senior - BHPian

I dropped in at Dakshin Honda today for a test drive of Brio. Saw the 2013 CRV being unloaded from a transporter and driven into their stockyard.

Sorry, no pics, I was inside the showroom and the transporter was on the road.

Last edited by KiloAlpha : 18th January 2013 at 15:54. Reason: grammar
Old 18th January 2013, 15:51   #55
Senior - BHPian

Here is what 'The Hindu' reported on the new CRV yesterday in their thursday supplement. Has details on the engine options as well;

Quote:
The new CR-V will be offered with a pair of Honda’s impressive twin-cam i-VTEC engines, one displacing 2.0 litres and the other, 2.4 litres.
The 2.4-litre, four-cylinder petrol now makes a more impressive 185bhp (which could be de-tuned to around 180bhp for India).
The base CR-V will get the smaller 2.0-litre engine, now making 153bhp (de-tuned to around 148bhp for India).

The five-speed automatic gearbox, however, is carried over from the current car, and that’s bit of a shame in this age of seven- and eight-speed gearboxes. The motor is smooth and refined at low speeds, coming alive higher up in the power band in typical Honda fashion.

The new CR-V also features revised suspension geometry, a stiffer body structure and a full-length underbody tray to help keep out as much road noise as possible.

Local assembly implies Honda should be able price the new car quite competitively. While base models could start at around Rs. 20 lakh, the fully loaded 2.4 automatic is not expected to cross Rs. 22 lakh.

The diesel Hyundai Santa Fe, for example, costs Rs. 25.3 lakh, so if Honda prices the 2.4 automatic around Rs. 22 lakh, it will mean diesel owners will have to drive approximately 45,000 km before they see the benefit of diesel.
http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper...cle4314356.ece
Old 21st January 2013, 22:41   #56
Senior - BHPian

Launch expected on Feb 12th. And since its going to be locally assembled, expect it to be priced lower than the outgoing model.
Old 23rd January 2013, 13:14   #57
BHPian

4th Gen Honda CR-V - India Launch in Feb

Honda is all set to bring the 4th Gen Honda CR-V to India next month!

Personally, I love the first Gen model as I feel the subsequent models look very disproportional from certain angles and now this 4th gen too joins the same gang.

Further Reading - http://www.autocarindia.com/News/329...ext-month.aspx
Old 23rd January 2013, 15:09   #58
BHPian

Re: 4th Gen Honda CR-V - India Launch in Feb

THis is interesting. Wonder what would be the pricing of the 2.0 Litre manual variant, considering the local assembly being true? IMO, anything above 18L OTR, would be a big dampener for this to be a success.
Old 23rd January 2013, 15:42   #59
BHPian

Re: 4th Gen Honda CR-V - India Launch in Feb

This is interesting, especially the local assembly part. If there is an automatic petrol variant under 20 lacs that would be really interesting.

Last edited by shabash : 23rd January 2013 at 15:43. Reason: grammar correction
Old 23rd January 2013, 15:54   #60
Senior - BHPian

CRV arrives at the dealerships!

IAB has published couple of spy pics of the new CRV spotted at the dealership, here they are:

Surprise: Honda testing 2013 CR-V in India *EDIT* Now launched from 19.95 Lakhs-newhondacrvforindiabadge.jpg

Surprise: Honda testing 2013 CR-V in India *EDIT* Now launched from 19.95 Lakhs-newhondacrvforindiasideview.jpg

Surprise: Honda testing 2013 CR-V in India *EDIT* Now launched from 19.95 Lakhs-newhondacrvforindiafront.jpg

Read more at: http://indianautosblog.com/2013/01/n...lerships-61324
sarathlal is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks