Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2013, 22:19   #301
Team-BHP Support

Re: NISSAN QASHQAI mule spotted testing in Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N.G.H View Post
. But the curiosity in my mind grew more. So i just started clicking a few pictures and waited for him to get out of the vehicle so that i could peep inside. To my luck, as he got down, he by mistake flipped over the data file towards the passenger seat and that's when i saw "NISSAN" written.
It is a Nissan and it is a Duster but it's not the Qashqai. This the Nissan branded Duster and Nissan calls it the Terrano. I moved the post to the Terrano thread.

Thanks for sharing the pics and yours is best close up scoop pictures so far.
Old 7th August 2013, 22:31   #302
Senior - BHPian

re: Nissan's Duster-based SUV, the Terrano: Full Pics are out!

Somehow I feel that the actual car is not going to be as impressive as in the official sketch. For example the blackening of the B pillar just seem to be a paint job rather then plastic insert which blends with the glass as in the rendering.
Old 7th August 2013, 22:38   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Somehow I feel that the actual car is not going to be as impressive as in the official sketch. For example the blackening of the B pillar just seem to be a paint job rather then plastic insert which blends with the glass as in the rendering.
And I see that they has still not changed the aluminum paint job for the door handles.

The next time somebody spots a Terrano this close, please take a picture of the rear from the bottom; to find any hints of a 4x4.
Old 7th August 2013, 23:03   #304
BHPian

Thanks sir. I have noticed a particular time around which these vehicles are spotted during the time of the day. Hopefully by next week we would be having clear and close pictures of the interiors as well as the rear bottom as thoma sir said.

Thanks
S.I.N.G.H
Old 8th August 2013, 14:15   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

If they are going to bring out a slightly better duster but priced above the duster without any 4x4 option, I don't see the logic in doing this at all as they will barely be able to make 3 digit sales. Is it worth it spending all these crores to sell a few 100 pieces a year?

Ecosport has changed the equation totally making the Duster & Terrano kind of irrelavant. Duster fans like to say Duster is bigger, but ask your self this, will you agree to be the second row middle seat passenger in the Duster?? How much more luggage are 4 people likely to carry that will not fit in the boot of the Ecosport? Isn't it better to put a luggage rack on the Ecosport than spend another 4 lakhs for a less equipped car with 100 liters more of boot and 1/2 passenger more of seating?

Last edited by 4x4addict : 8th August 2013 at 14:17.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 14:29   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Isn't it better to put a luggage rack on the Ecosport than spend another 4 lakhs for a less equipped car with 100 liters more of boot and 1/2 passenger more of seating?
+1. Took the words out of my mind. I have said this time and again. a decent Thule rack at the top would cost around 40-70k max. and i like the way it looks. There's no need to pay lakhs of hard earned money just for a bigger boot. A luggage rack is much more practical.
Old 8th August 2013, 15:01   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopakabana View Post
+1. Took the words out of my mind. I have said this time and again. a decent Thule rack at the top would cost around 40-70k max. and i like the way it looks. There's no need to pay lakhs of hard earned money just for a bigger boot. A luggage rack is much more practical.
If we talk about the vfm proposition, the Ecosport is miles ahead of Duster. But, since we dont know the future plans of both these companies, it'll be too early to presume that the Ecosport will be dusting the Duster. What i am referring is to the chances of Ford increasing/reviewing the price of Ecosport at an appropriate time, best suited for them.

Everybody is waiting for the prices of Duster to come down, but what if Ford increases its prices over another 6 months. And in auto world, plans are made for 4-5 years time frame or more than that and not for 1-2 years. But, in a new segment, surely 1-2 years is enough time to kill competition and then do what you want to do, their managements are much more skilled and knowledgeable that most of us.
Old 8th August 2013, 15:29   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
How much more luggage are 4 people likely to carry that will not fit in the boot of the Ecosport? Isn't it better to put a luggage rack on the Ecosport than spend another 4 lakhs for a less equipped car with 100 liters more of boot and 1/2 passenger more of seating?
The centre of gravity in the ecosport is already very high on account of the high placement of the spare wheel on the tailgate as well as the heavy sheet metal used on the doors. Adding a luggage rack to the already topple prone ecosport will be a recipe for certain disaster. I simply shudder to think what a couple of large heavy bags on the roof would do to an ecosport cornering at a high speed.The duster , inspite of the not so broad cabin, has a much broader wheel base by design and the spare wheel is also sensibly placed instead of indulging in flamboyancy. This should make it inherently much more stable.
gitartha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 15:38   #309
Senior - BHPian

At the very least, it can be said confidently that the Terrano will be coming with nice looking alloys (subjective I know, yeah but those look good).
Old 8th August 2013, 16:35   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I do not advocate the Duster as VFM and I think it is grossly overpriced. But,
While bigger boot might not be an important criteria for you, it might not be the same with others.
A rack at the top of my car is something I will never ever put up.
Firstly, I don't like the looks and gives me the feeling of a commercial MUV
Secondly, the hassle.
Assuming that the security and weather protection aspects are taken care of. But I would feel my luggage to be more secured inside the car rather than on the rack.
Old 8th August 2013, 17:16   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I do not advocate the Duster as VFM and I think it is grossly overpriced. But,
While bigger boot might not be an important criteria for you, it might not be the same with others.
A rack at the top of my car is something I will never ever put up.
Firstly, I don't like the looks and gives me the feeling of a commercial MUV
Secondly, the hassle.
Assuming that the security and weather protection aspects are taken care of. But I would feel my luggage to be more secured inside the car rather than on the rack.
First, i have never seen a commercial MUV with a Thule rack/carrier in India.
Second, I think you have not read my post clearly. I have clearly written "Thule" rack and not an ordinary luggage rack. Thule are imported racks/carriers and have superb quality, weather protection, even a max. speed rating (Please check out the link below). People all over the world use them because of the practicality they offer. If it can look good on a Land Rover Evoque, then why not on a Ecosport?

http://www.thule.com/en/za/products/...6119b-_-611906

PS: Sorry for going OT.

Last edited by kopakabana : 8th August 2013 at 17:17.
Old 8th August 2013, 17:37   #312
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitartha View Post
The centre of gravity in the ecosport is already very high on account of the high placement of the spare wheel on the tailgate as well as the heavy sheet metal used on the doors. Adding a luggage rack to the already topple prone ecosport will be a recipe for certain disaster.
50 Kgs on the roof fack won't topple the ecosport. Any High GC vehicle driven carelessly can topple, with or without a spare wheel on the rear door.
Old 8th August 2013, 17:38   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
First, i have never seen a commercial MUV with a Thule rack/carrier in India.
Second, I think you have not read my post clearly. I have clearly written "Thule" rack and not an ordinary luggage rack. Thule are imported racks/carriers and have superb quality, weather protection, even a max. speed rating (Please check out the link below). People all over the world use them because of the practicality they offer. If it can look good on a Land Rover Evoque, then why not on a Ecosport?

http://www.thule.com/en/za/products/...6119b-_-611906

PS: Sorry for going OT.
Thule rack might be nice and beautiful but it's not fair to assume everyone will want to sacrifice boot space and go for a thule rack instead
In that case, I wonder why manufacturers do provide boot at all. Didn't everyone criticize cars like Brio for having very less boot space?

Some people might be satisfied with thule rack option, some people might not be. I for one will never ever consider putting up a Thule rack on my car.

And yes, let us stick to the topic.
I am not going to comment any further on this.
Old 9th August 2013, 06:24   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitartha View Post
I simply shudder to think what a couple of large heavy bags on the roof would do to an ecosport cornering at a high speed.
And, why would you do that? Especially when you know are carrying large heavy bags on roof??

I'm not advocating for Ecosport or Duster/Terrano, but one will have to drive sensibly taking into account of the vehicle condition (including loading), road condition, prevailing weather, etc. High speed cornering can't be the measuring stick for cars which aren't meant as "performance" cars.

Whether Ecosport is topple prone (with or without luggage on roof) is a separate debate / thread needing real and first hand accounts of such incidents to arrive at a opinion.

EDIT: I see 4x4addict has already answered the above point. Please ignore this post.

Last edited by GunMo : 9th August 2013 at 06:29.
Old 11th August 2013, 12:20   #315
Senior - BHPian

Testing of Terrano continues. Yesterday we came across two test mules near Kanchipuram. My wife clicked all the photos. And these guys were fast! I guess they are too familiar with the road, unlike me. Since the rear windshield was dirty, we couldn't get the photos of Terranos' faces. By the time I spotted them in my RVMs and operated the rear washer/wiper, they had overtaken me!

Nissan's Duster-based SUV, the Terrano: Full Pics are out!-clipboard01.jpg

Nissan's Duster-based SUV, the Terrano: Full Pics are out!-clipboard02.jpg

Nissan's Duster-based SUV, the Terrano: Full Pics are out!-clipboard03.jpg

Nissan's Duster-based SUV, the Terrano: Full Pics are out!-clipboard05.jpg

Nissan's Duster-based SUV, the Terrano: Full Pics are out!-clipboard06.jpg

Nissan's Duster-based SUV, the Terrano: Full Pics are out!-clipboard07.jpg

Nissan's Duster-based SUV, the Terrano: Full Pics are out!-clipboard08.jpg
rohanjf is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks